Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 07-20-2010, 09:30 PM
DDude11
Fire Beetle

Default current versions not compatible?

ok so im having all sorts of errors with my first run at this. but i just want to be sure first off that im using the right files I went to http://code.google.com/p/projecteqemu/downloads/list and downloaded EQemu-Rev1316-bots.rar and also EQEmu Revision 1589 so i followed a guide for it and things seem close to working i just want to know if thats the right combination of things?(i dont know what to call each of them :/)
Old 07-21-2010, 01:52 PM
bitrez
Fire Beetle

Default Well,

EQemu-Rev1316-bots.rar and EQEmu Revision 1589 are builds of the server. The main differences are the obvious difference in revision (aka version) and the fact that one has been compiled with support for bots. You should be using one or the other.. your decision being made by the question, "do I want to be able to spawn bots?"

I don't know anything about the errors you might be experiencing but I would urge you to step slowly through the setup guide, do not miss any steps and follow the instructions exactly. Make sure you use the same versions of the prerequisite software (mysql, perl) wherever possible. Activeperl and Mysql both have links to archived versions from their download pages.

I followed this guide and installed my first server off of the bots build without any trouble just 2 days ago.

Also, you can go to Last World Community and get a more current compiled version of EQemu with bots support.