Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 02-09-2013, 02:00 PM
zippzipp
Fire Beetle

Default Zippzipp's Funland - New Server ...Well sorta

Hello everyone. I would like to start by introducing myself. I am Zippzipp and I am an EQoholic. I am fairly new to the EMU scene (Played on an emu server for the first time back in November). I liked it so much I decided to make my own.

Zippzipp's Funland has been open about 2 months while i have been developing on it and it is finally to the point that I am happy to announce it. We have grown in population to the point we are averaging 50-60 people normally and 80-90 during peak times.

Zippzipp's Funland
  • Dedicated Cloud Hosting (will be moving to a physical box soon)
  • Rain of Fear client support
  • Increased EXP rate
  • Small group progression
  • Progression up to GoD at the moment.
  • Recently redone PoP progression - (Better than EQ Live's)
  • Custom deed quests - Very fun!
  • Custom epic quest
  • Noobie armor quests
  • Custom post-GoD Progression
  • Translocator - Sends you to various places for a price
  • Buff Bot - Buffs you with different sets of buffs for a price
  • Combat Dummy - Drago awaits you
  • Spell Scriber - Scribes spells up to level 51
  • Blackmarket Item Vendor - Sells rare eq items
  • Early access quests - Get your alts into low level progression zones early without disrupting the progression flow.
  • Bots - You can spawn up to 5 bots. Bots are quested. There is 1 bot quest per progression level up through PoP.
  • Bot creation quest - Quests that allow you to unlock the ability to create more bots. You can still only spawn 5 but you can use this to add dynamic settups to your bot crew.
  • Active Developer - Thats me!

This server is a total blast! Ask anyone who has played on it. It has an oldschool feel with lots of little twists that make the game very enjoyable.

All are welcome! I look forward to seeing you in game!

Zippzipp
Old 02-09-2013, 02:04 PM
DemonH2
Fire Beetle

The server has definitely been a blast so far. I've never been able to do more than fart around on an emulator server but this one is holding my attention well.

The dev support is always spot on, Zipp himself spends more time present than any live GM.

It's just awesome, definitely worth the try.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:19 AM
Drajor
Developer

I am glad to see your announcement Zipp! Played 4 characters to late luclin on here and enjoyed my time
Old 02-22-2013, 12:51 AM
zippzipp
Fire Beetle

We have moved servers to a pretty powerful dedicated box. We also added a bunch of static zones. All are welcome!
Old 02-22-2013, 12:56 AM
Brano11
Fire Beetle

Very awesome server! I played on other emu's for a little bit, but none have held my attention. This one is completely different, it has kept my attention and definitely put me back in the EQ mood! As already said, gm's are alive here and are usually always in game to help you!
Old 02-22-2013, 12:32 PM
lessthenzero
Fire Beetle

Zippzipp's server is an absolute blast. If you're looking for a place to call home, look no further.
  • Progression setup gave that nostalgic feel
  • The bot system allows for 1-2 groups to complete raid mobs while still presenting a challenge
  • Fun and Friendly Atmosphere (Great Player Base)
  • Zipp is almost always available to provide assistance or answer questions

The player base is very welcoming and there is almost always someone in PoK offering assistance to folks new to the server.

Old 03-06-2013, 12:00 AM
AlienFirestorm
Fire Beetle

Looks pretty dern fun!

I'm mostly a Paladin player, but I also could play a Shaman or a Warrior or Enchanter if anyone wants.

I'm a new member to this site and I'm looking to get into some development kind of stuff. Quest building, item creation, zone creation, and a lot more!

I have recently set up my own private server, but looking to develop skills in running an awesome and fun server!

-Inter