Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 09-16-2008, 04:00 PM
lucid.reverie
Fire Beetle

Default Peq

It's not just approaching perfection - there isn't a server I've played on that even comes close. We did find a couple that did okay but there were either lag/zoning issues or we couldn't get an admin to get back with us regardless of how many petitions/forum posts we put up (you know who you are). Frankly unless something seriously detrimental happens my buddies and I won't even bother with other servers.

Mega-kudos, Cavedude.

That being said, I'm quite curious - was the initial inability to access the server actually because of Obama being in the area? Don't mean to sound naive but you sounded serious. Let me know - I can totally rub that in someone's face if so.
Old 09-16-2008, 04:55 PM
buffhouse
Fire Beetle

Theres some decent servers out there. I played couple characters to 18 or so on Order of Hassan. It's rock solid stable but lack of PoK is kind of a bummer even though what they did with nexus was pretty good. If they could just populate it with few more vendors or mess with the starting factions wouldn't be that bad. The edge is just a blast for a couple weeks but doesn't hold you, played that a bit before i found Grand Creation.

Murdersmithy has some promise but being an Old School server with hardly any working quests is going to be a problem. The community has ironed out alot of quests though It's just matter of them getting them in and working and that server could build a nice community.

But nothing is complete up to POK EQ like grand creation. Lots of people do lots of good work on it.
Old 09-16-2008, 05:14 PM
Krikk
Fire Beetle

Whenever it gets running again is good enough for me. Every server I've invested interest in so far has wound up tanking, and for a few weak moments I was worried the same had happened. But it was foolishness, since PEQ is the real deal.
You guys over at PEQ make a damn fine server,
damn fine cherry pie, too.
Old 09-16-2008, 05:18 PM
wysh
Fire Beetle

Sorry to hear about the temporary server woes, but I'm bummed too. Just yesterday I went to walkthrough a PEQ forum post called "HOWTO: EQ Titanium on Crossover Mac". Any chance someone has this set of instructions mirrored somewhere? Or does anyone remember them?

My weekend project got a little stuck in the mud :P
Old 09-16-2008, 06:00 PM
lucid.reverie
Fire Beetle

Default Peq

I agree with you, Krikk. There have been some good ones but eventually something just goes down.

Sure hope PEQ doesn't tank - if that happens I'll probably end up just running my own (which I wish to avoid at practically all costs) and probably have to limit it to few users due to bandwidth. Plus, I just don't want to administer a server. Only get about 5-6 hours a week to play as is.
Old 09-16-2008, 06:05 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid.reverie View Post
I agree with you, Krikk. There have been some good ones but eventually something just goes down.

Sure hope PEQ doesn't tank - if that happens I'll probably end up just running my own (which I wish to avoid at practically all costs) and probably have to limit it to few users due to bandwidth. Plus, I just don't want to administer a server. Only get about 5-6 hours a week to play as is.
PEQ isn't going anywhere, they're just gettin ready to knock your socks off when they come back
Old 09-16-2008, 06:10 PM
lucid.reverie
Fire Beetle

Default Peq

:just hopes it's up by Thursday so he doesn't have to hang himself.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:06 PM
renoofturks1
Sarnak

Who knows, all this spare time. Maybe I'll get around to finishing up those few Elemental events.........
Old 09-16-2008, 07:07 PM
BoginDA
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid.reverie View Post
I'm quite curious - was the initial inability to access the server actually because of Obama being in the area? Don't mean to sound naive but you sounded serious. Let me know - I can totally rub that in someone's face if so.
Screw you lucid, I'd give up 4 days of EQ some national health care.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:32 PM
Earle9
Fire Beetle

Wow, now I have another reason to say F Obama

Chimpeach him Now!
Old 09-16-2008, 08:37 PM
lucid.reverie
Fire Beetle

Default Peq

Not a big fan of national health care. Don't know if I can afford it - might have to sell the biz and go on welfare ...

Wait, that's the point, right? See, I am astute now and then!
Old 09-16-2008, 10:30 PM
trevius
Developer

Since this thread continues as does the Obama discussions in it, I thought I should mention this; Any type of racism on these forums is a bannable offense. Some of these posts have been at least borderline, so I figured it is a good idea to give a warning now. I don't care if you are joking about something, or if you are just reciting what someone else said, the N word has no business on these forums (even bleeped partially out). I also don't think that anyone should be talking about assassinating a presidential candidate even in jest.

I'm not trying to cause any problems, but I figured I would mention this before things got any worse in this thread. Political discussion is perfectly fine (even though they would be better off in the off-topic section), but some people can get very heated quickly when discussing parties and candidates etc. Didn't want anyone to say something too stupid and get banned for it.

I am not going to quote all of the posts that lead me to make this post, but there are enough in here to warrant it I think. Hopefully PEQ comes up soon and puts an end to this thread lol
Old 09-16-2008, 10:55 PM
Kagatob
Sarnak

The website is up, could it possibly mean?
Old 09-16-2008, 10:57 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

I'm uploading my newest source now, and updating the quests. Game server will be up soon once I'm done. No more than an hour or two.
Old 09-16-2008, 11:23 PM
valic007
Fire Beetle

woot no sleep for me no work so time to feed on eq