Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::News

General::News EQemu news posts.

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2005, 03:33 PM
Doodman
Developer

Default 0.6.2-DR0 in CVS

Anyone that has been pulling the Development tag from CVS has probably noticed that the revision bumped to 0.6.2-DR0. To pull the development tag you need to specify you want version "Development":
Code:
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/eqemulator co -rDevelopment EQEmuCVS
Here is some info about it:
  1. Compatible with the 7/14 live patch.
  2. Highly alpha (hence the DR0). A lot works, but a lot doesn't.
    • Please report things you find broken. Please be detailed if you want it fixed. Reports like "merchants are broken" aren't very helpful.
    • Get collects from live for the things you see as not working, if it applies. See here on information on collecting on live.
  3. Requires item table changes in the database (this is assuming you are using PEQ database):
    Code:
    ALTER TABLE items CHANGE UNK145 UNK150 int not null;
    ALTER TABLE items CHANGE UNK141 UNK145 int not null;
    ALTER TABLE items CHANGE UNK137 UNK140 int not null;
    ALTER TABLE items CHANGE UNK133 UNK135 int not null;
    ALTER TABLE items CHANGE UNK129 UNK130 int not null;

ALTER TABLE items ADD clicklevel2 int not null AFTER clicktype;
    ALTER TABLE items ADD proclevel2 int not null AFTER proctype;
    ALTER TABLE items ADD wornlevel2 int not null AFTER worntype;
    ALTER TABLE items ADD focuslevel2 int not null AFTER focustype;
    ALTER TABLE items ADD scrolllevel2 int not null AFTER scrolltype;
  4. Subsequently you will need to:
    1. Re-serialize* your items using serialize_items.pl in utils, or
    2. Reload them from the latest itemdb in text format from that you can get from here.
  5. For world/zone, you'll need to add files from common to the vs.* project file(s) (if you're using Windows):
    1. EQWorldPacket.cpp
    2. EQZonePacket.cpp
    3. EQLoginPacket.cpp
    4. EQChatPacket.cpp
    5. EQMailPacket.cpp
  6. For EMuShareMem you'll need to add a file from common to the vs.* project file(s) (if you're using Windows) (not really a 0.6.2 change, but seems to carried over from 0.6.1:
    1. SharedLibrary.cpp
  7. There are no pre-compiled binaries. Roll your own, find someone to roll you one, or sit tight.
  8. The login server on 5998 is the one you should use.
  9. Make sure you are using the latest opcodes.conf file. It's in Source/utils in CVS. If you roll a binary for someone/others make sure you include it with world/zone when you distribute it.
  10. Yes, we know that mobs stop walking but continue their walking animation. Both me and FatherNitWit have spent a lot of time trying to find out why. Help us fix it, or get used to it.

I think that's it for now, I'll add to this if I think of other things.

* It has been reported that serialize_items.pl doesn't work right, I'll be looking at it tonight to see why. So, either take option b or sit tight.

Last edited by Doodman; 07-18-2005 at 03:10 PM..
Old 07-18-2005, 12:02 AM
sdabbs65
Dragon

I didn't notice these files included are they on sourceforge ?

You'll need to add files to the vs.* project file(s) (if you're using Windows):
  1. EQWorldPacket.cpp
  2. EQZonePacket.cpp
  3. EQLoginPacket.cpp
  4. EQChatPacket.cpp
  5. EQMailPacket.cpp

www.cheaterz.info
Old 07-18-2005, 02:01 AM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Compatible with the 7/14 live patch.

What does this mean? Maybe that PEQ may become compatible with live soon?

The reason Im asking is...My Family members are not compatible right now.
Should I tell them to copy/paste their folders now or wont it make a difference if there is another patch. I mean if there is another patch then PEQ devs will wait and complete that before changing? Like is there ever a time where PEQ becomes compatible with an earlier version or is it always
changing directly to a live version?

I hope that makes sense!
Old 07-18-2005, 02:25 AM
sdabbs65
Dragon

Default peq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Zauis
Compatible with the 7/14 live patch.

What does this mean? Maybe that PEQ may become compatible with live soon?

The reason Im asking is...My Family members are not compatible right now.
Should I tell them to copy/paste their folders now or wont it make a difference if there is another patch. I mean if there is another patch then PEQ devs will wait and complete that before changing? Like is there ever a time where PEQ becomes compatible with an earlier version or is it always
changing directly to a live version?

I hope that makes sense!
Why not to to PEQ's website and ask them instead of hijacking a DEV thread.

www.cheaterz.info
Old 07-18-2005, 02:29 AM
Doodman
Developer

sdabbs65: Are you sure you are pulling the development branch from sourceforge? Check common/version.h to see if you really are on 0.6.2-DR0

Dr Zauis: That is up to the PEQ guys as to when/if they will move to 0.6.0-DR0 or not.
Old 07-18-2005, 02:37 AM
sdabbs65
Dragon

Default version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodman
sdabbs65: Are you sure you are pulling the development branch from sourceforge? Check common/version.h to see if you really are on 0.6.2-DR0

Dr Zauis: That is up to the PEQ guys as to when/if they will move to 0.6.0-DR0 or not.
your right im not..
#define CURRENT_CHAT_VERSION "EQEMu 0.6.1-DR1"

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/eqemulator co EQEmuCVS

www.cheaterz.info
Old 07-18-2005, 03:59 AM
Doodman
Developer

Code:
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/eqemulator co -rDevelopment EQEmuCVS
I'll update the post showing this,
Old 07-19-2005, 01:04 PM
drognir
Fire Beetle

Everything compiled fine on vs .net 2003, but while compiling Zone i get the following errors
Quote:
Zone error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "class OpcodeManager * ChatOpcodeManager" (?ChatOpcodeManager@@3PAVOpcodeManager@@A)
Zone error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "class OpcodeManager * LoginOpcodeManager" (?LoginOpcodeManager@@3PAVOpcodeManager@@A)
Zone error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "class OpcodeManager * MailOpcodeManager" (?MailOpcodeManager@@3PAVOpcodeManager@@A)
Zone error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "class OpcodeManager * WorldOpcodeManager" (?WorldOpcodeManager@@3PAVOpcodeManager@@A)
Zone error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "class OpcodeManager * ZoneOpcodeManager" (?ZoneOpcodeManager@@3PAVOpcodeManager@@A)
Zone error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "class OpcodeManager * ZoneOpcodeManager" (?ZoneOpcodeManager@@3PAVOpcodeManager@@A)
Zone error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: class EQZonePacket * __thiscall EQZonePacket::Copy(void)const " (?Copy@EQZonePacket@@QBEPAV1@XZ)
Zone error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: class EQZonePacket * __thiscall EQZonePacket::Copy(void)const " (?Copy@EQZonePacket@@QBEPAV1@XZ)
Zone error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "class OpcodeManager * ZoneOpcodeManager" (?ZoneOpcodeManager@@3PAVOpcodeManager@@A) referenced in function "public: static unsigned int __cdecl Object::TypeToSkill(unsigned int)" (?TypeToSkill@Object@@SAII@Z)
Zone error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "class OpcodeManager * ZoneOpcodeManager" (?ZoneOpcodeManager@@3PAVOpcodeManager@@A) referenced in function "public: virtual bool __thiscall Client::Process(void)" (?Process@Client@@UAE_NXZ)
Zone error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "class OpcodeManager * ZoneOpcodeManager" (?ZoneOpcodeManager@@3PAVOpcodeManager@@A) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall Client::MovePC(char const *,float,float,float,unsigned char,bool,enum ZoneMode)" (?MovePC@Client@@QAEXPBDMMME_NW4ZoneMode@@@Z)
Zone error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "private: __thiscall EQChatPacket::EQChatPacket(unsigned char const *,unsigned int)" (??0EQChatPacket@@AAE@PBEI@Z) referenced in function "protected: class EQApplicationPacket * __thiscall EQStream::MakeApplicationPacket(unsigned char const *,unsigned int)" (?MakeApplicationPacket@EQStream@@IAEPAVEQApplicat ionPacket@@PBEI@Z)
Zone error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "private: __thiscall EQLoginPacket::EQLoginPacket(unsigned char const *,unsigned int)" (??0EQLoginPacket@@AAE@PBEI@Z) referenced in function "protected: class EQApplicationPacket * __thiscall EQStream::MakeApplicationPacket(unsigned char const *,unsigned int)" (?MakeApplicationPacket@EQStream@@IAEPAVEQApplicat ionPacket@@PBEI@Z)
Zone error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "private: __thiscall EQMailPacket::EQMailPacket(unsigned char const *,unsigned int)" (??0EQMailPacket@@AAE@PBEI@Z) referenced in function "protected: class EQApplicationPacket * __thiscall EQStream::MakeApplicationPacket(unsigned char const *,unsigned int)" (?MakeApplicationPacket@EQStream@@IAEPAVEQApplicat ionPacket@@PBEI@Z)
Zone error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "private: __thiscall EQWorldPacket::EQWorldPacket(unsigned char const *,unsigned int)" (??0EQWorldPacket@@AAE@PBEI@Z) referenced in function "protected: class EQApplicationPacket * __thiscall EQStream::MakeApplicationPacket(unsigned char const *,unsigned int)" (?MakeApplicationPacket@EQStream@@IAEPAVEQApplicat ionPacket@@PBEI@Z)
Zone error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "private: __thiscall EQZonePacket::EQZonePacket(unsigned char const *,unsigned int)" (??0EQZonePacket@@AAE@PBEI@Z) referenced in function "protected: class EQApplicationPacket * __thiscall EQStream::MakeApplicationPacket(unsigned char const *,unsigned int)" (?MakeApplicationPacket@EQStream@@IAEPAVEQApplicat ionPacket@@PBEI@Z)
Zone error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: class EQChatPacket * __thiscall EQProtocolPacket::MakeChatPacket(void)const " (?MakeChatPacket@EQProtocolPacket@@QBEPAVEQChatPac ket@@XZ) referenced in function "protected: class EQApplicationPacket * __thiscall EQStream::MakeApplicationPacket(class EQProtocolPacket *)" (?MakeApplicationPacket@EQStream@@IAEPAVEQApplicat ionPacket@@PAVEQProtocolPacket@@@Z)
Zone error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: class EQLoginPacket * __thiscall EQProtocolPacket::MakeLoginPacket(void)const " (?MakeLoginPacket@EQProtocolPacket@@QBEPAVEQLoginP acket@@XZ) referenced in function "protected: class EQApplicationPacket * __thiscall
While running worlddebug i get a list of opcode erros as well. While in-game i'm unable to zone, but i am able to boot zones up etc. I am using the latest opcodes from cvs.

Last edited by drognir; 07-19-2005 at 09:10 PM..
Old 07-19-2005, 01:33 PM
drognir
Fire Beetle

Nvm, got it to build clean... Can't zone though, and when i #kill myself i go to CharSel, but it puts me in the zone..
Old 07-22-2005, 06:23 AM
Rimok
Fire Beetle

Default Compile issues

I got Sharemem.dll to compile. Pulled cvs last night. Not having much luck with world/zone. I added the files from common. Getting winsock.h errors. Probably something I did to my compiler install. I'm using vc++6 sp5. If anyone gets a good compile please pm me with a url I can grab em from =).

I'm also looking for a dump of a db...
Old 07-22-2005, 06:35 AM
drognir
Fire Beetle

If it's a perl compile, do this

On line ~18 of perl\lib\core\socket.h, change it from:
#include

to:
#include
Old 07-22-2005, 06:38 AM
Rimok
Fire Beetle

Default Dump of the compiler output.

:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\winsock.h(49) : error C2011: 'fd_set' : 'struct' type redefinition
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\winsock.h(83) : warning C4005: 'FD_SET' : macro redefinition
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\winsock2.h(134) : see previous definition of 'FD_SET'
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\winsock.h(92) : error C2011: 'timeval' : 'struct' type redefinition
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\winsock.h(14 : error

And alot more of the same... Prob a noob error.
Old 07-22-2005, 06:40 AM
Rimok
Fire Beetle

Default Perl Compile.

Nope not a perl compile. Although I need to install Activestate.. Obviously the goal is to get a working server =P. Won't be much of a server without quests.

Thanks for all ur help drog. I'd like to quit eqlive and this is my shot I think.
Old 07-22-2005, 06:42 AM
Rimok
Fire Beetle

Default Funny doesn't display right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drognir
If it's a perl compile, do this

#include

to:
#include

Your post on my comp doens't display all the text.
Old 07-22-2005, 06:59 AM
drognir
Fire Beetle

Quote:
#include winsock.h
to:
Quote:
#include winsock2.h
Apparently it doesn't like <><><>
Closed Thread