Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-25-2014, 07:37 PM
typenamehere
Sarnak

Default New server seeks dev

I have just began the process of building a new server. This server will include 100% custom content. Be that the case there is a lot of work that will have to go into it to make it the high quality content that people want to do. I am looking for 1-2 skilled devs to assist in the server's development.

A little about the sever:
There are not enough servers out there that impede a strict box limit. I want this server to be solo-able (As you cannot box), yet need a partner or group for some of the bosses (not all). The leveling process is not going to be instant max level by any means, however each leveling zone is is 100% custom, packed with quests, scripted bosses, custom objects, and things to do the whole way up. There will be a lot of class customization done to ensure all are on an equal play-field. I have already implemented several tweaks to give some underplayed classes a little more play-ability. There are a lot of QoL tweaks in progress to ensure soloing can be done and is fun, yet still give more rewards if you group. Druids will be getting 2 pets, one for damage and one pet to assist in healing. Clerics Yaulp line gives bonus stats/effects to assist in soloing. The buff bot activates based on quest-turn ins. for example, once you turn in item X from boss Y, you now have free access to get sow cast on you when you return to the lobby. There will be no NPC teleporters that just whiff you away to whatever zone you want to go to. Instead I am implementing custom zone-lines so you have to run to the zone you want, however it is not a far run. These are just a few of the many customizations that will make the server unique and exciting.

I am looking for a dev that knows the ins and ours of perl scripting, able to help balance NPCs throughout custom zones, able to help develop custom gear that is appropriate for the level/zone, and able to help contribute unique and creative ideas. If you are interested in this project or want more information add me or send me a message on skype: kdurham89

Last edited by typenamehere; 08-25-2014 at 09:08 PM.. Reason: Edited to increase information
Old 08-25-2014, 08:46 PM
Davood
Discordant

I think you need a little more detail on how your server will be different in order to attract help from developers.

When you look at job postings do you apply for the one that says "grocery store : exciting job apply now" . When you are looking for a male actor to have sex with women at the back of your movie studio called "the grocery store

No if you do that then you will get unqualified elderly baggers who can't do what you need in the movie set. You need to actually explain it if you want the right prople to appear. Running a server is easy as dirt. If you want to attract the stragglers you'll have to convince them that your idea is better than theirs and they should drop their projects to work on yours.
Old 08-25-2014, 08:49 PM
Davood
Discordant

I'm not bashing you just keep thst in mind.

I will help you if i like your idea. I've written code for many others or provided help because i liked their plans.