Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 08-04-2015, 09:11 PM
Gamer4life
Fire Beetle

Question Restore Nexus scions in Axclassic?

I FINALLY figured out how to set up an EQ lan server using axclassic 3.0.4 and got it up and running as a LAN. Yay! Works great! I'm sooo happy!

However, I see the Nexus spires on Norrath aren't working. The Scion is missing. Please tell me, how do I activate the spires to port to Luclin? Sorry but I'm not interested in using the moonstones....

thanks. Hopefully I can find a simple fix and this will be perfect.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:15 PM
Gamer4life
Fire Beetle

Old 08-04-2015, 09:33 PM
Burningsoul
Discordant

AXClassic split from eqemu a few years ago, and is pretty out of date with the current revision. You'd best be getting either Akka's repack or your own compile working before writing a guide for something that isn't close to up to date.

As for the spires, chances are you need to add in the quests to the appropriate zone folders - but again, since they're now far seperate databases, I'm unsure if they will be plug-and-play. If you're serious about running a server, you'll have to either bug Angelox on his website's forums, or get an up-to-date compile of the EQEMU source & PEQ database rolling.
Old 08-05-2015, 05:14 AM
Noport
Opcode Ninja

Gamer4Life sent you email with link too AX_CLASSIC_3.10n your welcome
Old 08-05-2015, 10:55 AM
Gamer4life
Fire Beetle

Burningsoul, axclassic 3.0.4 seems to work just fine despite it being "old".

You might be right, maybe all I have to do is simply copy and paste the correct quest file with the file extension .pl from the PEQ folder and put in axclassic folder instead. place it in the correct zone file in the c:/program files/ axclassic/quests/gfaydark" for example? Hope it works. I will try and experiment.

I see some quest files in the PEQ folder called (something)scion.pl Could this be it? Faydwer_Scion.pl By copying and pasting this file, Will this activate the nexus spires in gfaydark to port to the nexus??? Thanks
Old 08-05-2015, 11:51 AM
Furniture
Hill Giant

Ditch axclassic and use the latest peq repack on the wiki. Your asking about a custom database that isn't supported here. If you insist on using the axclassic database, then post questions about it on the axclassic boards. We don't know what axclassic has set up or if it even has the proper invisible npcs for the spires to work.

Do a little research on the wiki. Asking the most basic questions about how eqemu works is a waste of time for everyone. Each system including how quests work are explained thoroughly. If you still don't understand after reading the wiki then I suggest asking for help but you should do at least a little research on the topic yourself.
Old 08-05-2015, 03:42 PM
Gamer4life
Fire Beetle

furniture, I have looked at the wiki but the truth is I am not interested in starting a private server. Its not what I want to do. I am only interested playing either on a private little lan server at home or in single player mode. Axclassic works fine for me. Lots of people here have tried it out just for that purpose. No foul play here. I was only asking if anyone knew how to activate the nexus scions because they appeared to be missing in-game. That is all. It is a simple question. Maybe someone knows the answer, maybe someone doesn't. Either way, why do you care?

FYI, I don't find your post particularly helpful and I will not respond to you again.
Old 08-05-2015, 03:59 PM
Burningsoul
Discordant

We aren't trying to be harsh, but I've been in your shoes - I used AXClassic way back when, and I damn sure hit that point where you are - some things are either not there (scions), or you say "boy I wish I had this feature everyone is talking about" or maybe you wake up one day and want more than what AXClassic has, be it expansions, AA's, bot upgrades, mercs, working utilities to modify things (Akka's kick ass EoC!!), whatever - then you'll have to ditch your current database and server and start all over again. After being through all of that, it's not worth the headache.

Private server is or can be a lan server, it's one you use for yourself, friends, family, barney the dinosaur - it doesn't mean open server that shows on the EQEmu Loginserver. It can be a single player experience, a lanparty server, whatevs.

You are on the right track for moving quest files, but you'll need to make sure those NPC's actually exist in your database as well - and I'm not sure if any of the current DB Tools will support AX's schema.. which again brings me back to point #1 - if you can't use the tools, you'll have to do everything by hand, and that's a lot of queries and head scratching. A lot.
Old 08-05-2015, 07:11 PM
Uleat
Developer

I don't know what NoPort sent as a link..but, you may be interested in this: https://github.com/axclassic

If you're wanting to use an AxClassic db, you should really just use their entire repack to minimize compatibility issues.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 08-06-2015, 02:06 AM
Burningsoul
Discordant

Grats Uleat, didn't even know they were updated that frequently. Hats off sir, I'm interested to see what they did to CSHome...

Edit: Does ANYONE know what noport means for the most part? His intentions are good but I feel as though there is a crippling barrier somewhere in the language files..
Old 08-06-2015, 05:22 AM
Noport
Opcode Ninja

His intentions are good but I feel as though there is a crippling barrier somewhere in the language in Complete_Windows-based_Server_Setup_Guide proofread it doh!
Old 08-11-2015, 08:49 PM
Gamer4life
Fire Beetle

Noport, thanks for the help. I finally figured it out on my own. I Created a file in notepad, saved it as. nexus_scion.pl (typed .pl on the end of it so it creates the .pl file extension)
And moved that file into the quest/gfaydark folder. This is for the gfaydark nexus scion and here I found an easy guide on how to create a translocation npc in-game using the basic commands (at the link)

Perl script
Quote:
sub EVENT_SAY{
if ($text=~/Hail/i){
quest::say("Hello $name . I do not have much time to chat. If you wish to [journey to luclin], tell me so.");
}
if($text=~/journey to Luclin/i)
{
quest::say("Very well.");
quest::movepc(152, 0, 0, -19.1);
}
}
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=18376
It works great. In-game, i logged in and I created an npc called Nexus Scion at the wiz spires. I logged out and restarted my PC.
Logged back in and I hail him and type journey to luclin and I can port to nexus. Excellent! iT works!!

However as soon I port in, I noticed all the scions there are missing as well :( Lots of work and fun to do. In any case I am extremely grateful for this community.

If anyone can point me in the right direction in finding more perl scripts, for all the scions in the nexus, that would be awesome.

Furniture, my sincere apologies if I sounded too harsh in last post. Please understand as a n00bie developer this is all very tricky and time consuming to learn. I'm not a pro like you.

In any case, I love axclassic and I am extremely grateful it works beautifully on my old PC and was easy to set up.
Old 08-11-2015, 09:05 PM
Uleat
Developer

quests: http://projecteqquests.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/quests/

- or -

quests/db zips: http://peqtgc.com/releases

You should be able to find scion scripts from either link and npc info in the actual peq db.

(You can source in the peq db into a temporary db and just pull the info you need out of it - then delete the temporary db.)

Compilin' Dirty
Old 08-11-2015, 09:29 PM
AdrianD
Discordant

I think I may have found where to find the missing spawn2 and grid data. I hope anyways.

(I'm looking for spawn2, grid and associated tables for OLD nektulos and lavastorm)

Thanks for starting this thread Gamer and thanks for the links fellas.

* Duh, ofc using a totally different DB only gives me that specific data. I'd need to change quite a bit.
Old 08-13-2015, 08:21 PM
Gamer4life
Fire Beetle

Uleat thanks for the links. I'm very grateful for the help here. I briefly looked at the scripts for the nexus. I'll try it out over the weekend. From what gather, after taking a quick look at the nexus scripts; In the nexus there is normally are 2 NPCs per telepad with 2 different perl scripts? One is the scion - a humanoid NPC. The second npc is invisible and supposed to be the spire which ports? Am I wrong or?

If the spire npc is invis, how is that so and how do you make an npc invis?? Is it hidden somehow or what?