Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 04-27-2013, 02:35 AM
zalemander14
Fire Beetle

Best of luck figuring the bugs out! Ill be around later to attempt again.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:56 AM
Jahar_LoA
Sarnak

What's the news there Wrath, how are things?
Old 04-27-2013, 09:32 AM
satora54
Sarnak

He delayed it until next weekend.
Old 05-27-2013, 12:35 AM
carpediembr
Fire Beetle

any news about the server?
Old 05-27-2013, 06:26 AM
jojo22
Fire Beetle

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Time
Old 05-27-2013, 09:59 AM
Mariomario
Hill Giant

Ha that was actually entertaining to read. Sad, but true as it is. Hardly anything is ever released 'on time' or when they say it will be release. Problems do arise that cant be accounted for.

I do keep all my updates posted on my website. The 3 or 4 days of beta at the beginning of this month was a success and I plan on doing another beta testing in the near future. Ive got the main groundwork laid out, just now its implementing the ideas, creating tasks, items, spells, effects, and everything else since this server is 100% custom. I have content available that allows people to level to approximately level 25 depending on how much time you put in.

I would like to get the next 2 zones done before I open up for another beta session, but well see how things turn out. Im not giving myself any deadlines really, other than the fact that I am still putting in time to the server.

Enlightened Dark: Ascension
Old 05-28-2013, 02:44 AM
Mariomario
Hill Giant

Beta Phase II will be running within about 30 minutes. I will be running this testing period from now until Friday June 7th. Features for this testing include:

20 Completed Tasks with experience, item and monetary rewards

2 Combat and 2 Non Combat Zones
- Revamped Bazaar for easy trading, buying and selling
- Temple of Marr - City Zone
- 100% Elddar Forest
- 100% Chambers of Xill

1920 Custom Items
525 Custom Spells

8 Novice Classes each with unique abilities
4 Tradeskills
-Smithing
-Tailoring
-Brewing
-Jewelcrafting

All new way to customize your weapon and armor with 'tinkered effects' found by combining materials together to create a desired effect. Currently there are 72 tinkered effects available to create. These effects are unique in that once combined with the armor or weapon, it can never be removed. This allows for people to create multiple sets of armor based on how they want to play their already specialized class.

Item upgrade system allows you to enhance your gear. Some gear may appear weaker than other items more easily obtained, but once enhanced your gear will make you that much more powerful while your friends are still getting crushed by enemies.

Everything currently has the ability to be traded, aside from a few quest items and tinkered effects. The current level cap is 50 before ascension and level 85 after, although there is only enough content to support you until probably level 25, but believe me when I say there is enough for you to do in the time frame available. I will never wipe characters unless a serious exploit is used and irreversible, so the time spent here will always remain, even once the server goes live completely.

More information may be found available on the website, which is located under the server list. After the server goes completely live I plan on purchasing my own hosting. Thank you for those in support of this server.

Old 05-28-2013, 07:54 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Looking good man. I might stop by and check it out after I re-release Varlyndria. Good to see some innovation floating around, it's a nice change.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:07 PM
Mariomario
Hill Giant

Thanks very much Drak. I wish I had more time to devote, but alas plenty of RL stuff going on.

Old 06-03-2013, 10:03 PM
carpediembr
Fire Beetle

Really nice.. loved it..

but its down now =/
Old 07-26-2013, 10:36 AM
draks
Fire Beetle

Default any update?

really looking forward to playing on this server
Old 07-26-2013, 11:14 AM
Mariomario
Hill Giant

Development is still in the works. It has slowed a little but I am still working on it. I just recently got done reformatting the upgrade system to really work how I want. Ive also been constructing formulas for balanced scaling with item stats, how they are allocated and also how stats scale with upgraded items. Ive also been planning on how far I want the 1st job vlasses to go before the 2nd job classes and then the ascended classes. Yes I have expanded my ideas even farther thanks to some insight from Maze. I have some RL stuff going on, but just know this server concept is most definitely not dead.

Old 08-27-2013, 04:41 PM
Jahar_LoA
Sarnak

Status on this project there Wrath?
Old 08-27-2013, 04:53 PM
Mariomario
Hill Giant

The website has been updated with quite a bit of information. At the moment development has slowed since I acquired a new job in my career field instead of just small time minimum wage bs. My daughter was also just recently born which has also taken quite a bit of time, but the project still presses onward.

Currently there are 14 gear sets up to Tier 6, pushing well over 3k items, 1200 spells, plenty of tasks, 3 completed combat zones. My goal upon release is to have gear up to tier 12 spread through 6 open zones and 3 instances along with the beginning of the ascension quest. Development will be back in full swing in no time, but check out the website for information on the basic mechanics and full class information/abilities in the mean time!

Old 08-29-2013, 01:54 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

My god, when will this release >.<

Anxious as fuck to play again.