Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 12-06-2011, 12:51 PM
dark_fusion
Fire Beetle

Cannot open include file: 'pthread.h': No such file or directory

Cant get past this, where do I get this file? And yes I checked the lib and include directories - did a search on my HD and it only found my_pthread.h in side the mysql folder. I am running vc2010 express, maybe thats why?
Old 12-07-2011, 01:06 AM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

I don't think vc2010 express is the problem as I encountered the same issues with vs2010 ultimate. Even after a complete reinstall the compile errors persisted.
If you were to use my_pthread.h renamed to pthread.h from the mysql directory you will just encounter other build errors. I believe a missing unistd.h would be the next error you will get. Getting the various header files off the internet doesn't work either as I have already tried that. Using blank header files fixed a few issues but created others.
Might be best to just wait until someone who has gotten it to work posts a walkthrough on how to setup visual studio 2010 so that it will actually compile.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:55 AM
Kalastrom
Fire Beetle

Well the only problem with the pthread.h and other related compilation problems is that somebody (for some unknown reason) decided to change the OS defs from _WIN32 to _WINDOWS which breaks windows compilation as there's no such definition according to MS. There's about 170 or so of them that I've replaced in my copy of the source from what I remember in my find and replace.

For those that wish to know more, pthread.h and a couple others are *nix specific headers relating mostly to threading, since *nix is typically posix compatible and windows is not.

To break it down even further, since those of us with this particular problem are on windows platforms it's looking for _WINDOWS to be defined, and since it isn't VS skips to the else section which is for *nix. In other words not a IDE problem, but a problem resulting from attempting to program for multiple platforms without knowing the proper OS defines.

Now to figure out why my eqlaunch is complaining about unresolved zlib externals when it shouldn't be...
Old 01-19-2012, 09:07 AM
dark_fusion
Fire Beetle

Slowly I'm making progress, I get everything to compile except the world which gives the following error messages - Any idea how to fix?

Code:
console.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall QueryServConnection::SetConnection(class EmuTCPConnection *)" (?SetConnection@QueryServConnection@@QAEXPAVEmuTCPConnection@@@Z) referenced in function "public: bool __thiscall Console::Process(void)" (?Process@Console@@QAE_NXZ)
2>net.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: bool __thiscall QueryServConnection::Process(void)" (?Process@QueryServConnection@@QAE_NXZ) referenced in function _main
2>net.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall QueryServConnection::QueryServConnection(void)" (??0QueryServConnection@@QAE@XZ) referenced in function "void __cdecl `dynamic initializer for 'QSLink''(void)" (??__EQSLink@@YAXXZ)
2>zoneserver.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: bool __thiscall QueryServConnection::SendPacket(class ServerPacket *)" (?SendPacket@QueryServConnection@@QAE_NPAVServerPacket@@@Z) referenced in function "public: bool __thiscall ZoneServer::Process(void)" (?Process@ZoneServer@@QAE_NXZ)
2>.\../build/World.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 4 unresolved externals
Old 01-19-2012, 09:21 AM
dark_fusion
Fire Beetle

Well I fixed it - to anyone else who has this issue. I had to manually add queryserv.h and queryserv.cpp to the world project.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:42 AM
dark_fusion
Fire Beetle

Ok so I got it to compile, now the zones crash as soon as they boot up.. guess im not using a new version...
Old 01-29-2012, 12:08 AM
sorvani
Dragon

just dropped in to let you know this compiled like a champ for me. Thanks Secrets.
Old 01-29-2012, 01:10 AM
Noport
Opcode Ninja

Kalastrom
read the last post
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...ht=zlib+errors