Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 10-14-2013, 12:20 AM
eamxxx1
Fire Beetle

yeah, evasive discipline is useless now...what a shit...
Old 10-15-2013, 02:43 PM
HandOfFate
Fire Beetle

I've been playing on SoA for a few days. There are a lot of awesome people on this server. SoA just needs a LOT more people.

-Kahgatsu
Old 10-15-2013, 02:50 PM
Kavanah
Sarnak

I can't seem to log in to it. Does UF work with it?
Old 10-15-2013, 03:39 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavanah View Post
I can't seem to log in to it. Does UF work with it?
No, it is exclusively Titanium, I don't even know if it's open to the public, I see 3 people online, however that could just be the staff testing things without it locked.
Old 10-15-2013, 03:46 PM
rencro
Hill Giant

It is 0.7.0 at the moment, the db for 0.8 is going through testing...It is open to the public at this time...
Old 10-15-2013, 05:18 PM
HandOfFate
Fire Beetle

It's open.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:57 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by samismallz View Post
WOW, I've been thinking of getting back to playing EQEmu when I came upon this post regarding SoA. This is Sam the Ninja btw. I was around since the beginning of the server and one of the co-founders of Enigma. (WASSUP GIMPY!)

Anyways, I came back to the server after you guys had all left and basically brought server numbers up to as high as 60 (although 24 of those were boxed between myself and 3 others). It is also I who has contacted Spider and doing my best to try to get this server back for you guys, but apparently it is taking longer than I would like it to. Here are a few things for you to know:

1) There was an attempt to bring this server up to date with current, but it was delayed for now due to the amount of time it would take to get everything working correctly. It may (or may not) happen, but for now, the concentration is on getting the server up, not updating it.

2) As you former-players are aware, as great as the server was, there were quite a few bugs. For example, Paladin's Cleanse ability (along with doner 2hs) was creating an unfair increase in damage for Paladins. These "bugs" along with completion of Sky and VP are the changes we're pushing for most.

3) As for the "best warrior" comment, I'm not sure when you were last logged in, but before the server went down, the warrior I played with was at 10k+ AC. In fact, I was given access to Crabs (Razor, if you have his contact info, please PM it to me) and I got him up almost 10k AC. Not to mention, my rogue has around 9k AC. This was due to us being able to test Sky and VP. We kind of... found a way into both zones... and by the time we got caught, apparently Spider didn't care enough and said, what the hell, just try it out before it goes down.

Lastly, I have no idea when the server will go back up. I know this isn't a priority for Spider and none of the other former GMs are around to help. I will do my best to bug him about it, but lately he has been ignoring me on Skype, so I'm guessing the dude is pretty busy. I just wouldn't count on it coming back to full active status with frequent updates, unless someone decides to take it upon themselves to take on that burden. In any case, even if it doesn't last long, I would love to get back together with you guys and do a SoA reunion raid in Sky or VP, even if it includes Fengay and his pink ponies. (Love you, man).
Spider was one busy beaver, also, sup Sam =P. You were apart of my GM event when Spider first hired me on. =P...

Anyway, he's always been busy, between the server and his real life issues, he was talking about the server going under, because he had no Game Masters to help out, which is why I was originally brought on... If for some reason he does bring it up full time, I sure hope people do attend and bring it back to the popular state it was.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:30 AM
HandOfFate
Fire Beetle

SoA is now 8.0
Old 10-17-2013, 04:29 PM
samismallz
Fire Beetle

Known issues:

1) Mob accuracy is EXTREMELY high - Mobs are (almost) never missing and hitting for max damage at a much higher rate than before. Trash mobs in Tipt are *easily* killing some of the best geared players. Example of this: My rogue with ~9k AC was killed by Maestro of Rancor. He swung at me 38 times, 26 were hits for about 3k, 7 were parries, 4 ripostes, 1 dodge, 0 misses, and a partridge in a pear tree. He had an accuracy of 100%, it's just that I was able to dance around him for 12 of those 38 hits.

2) Flag mobs are bugged - An attempt on Avatar of War was made last night and he becomes invulnerable at 0% (1 hp to be more accurate). You can swing at him all you want at 0%, he just won't die. He'll still attack you though. Strange thing is, he still spawns gatekeepers. Yes, plural gatekeepers... like a LOT of them all on top of each other and all wielding scythes. Hailing one of them will still flag you, but hailing is pretty difficult with the AOW still alive at 0%. This was tough to do... so imagine how difficult it will be for say Overking in Chardok or even for Ikkinz flag. Those have not been tested to have similar "symptoms", but surely Battlemaster and Rikabi will be tested tonight.

3) Rogue backstabs capped at <1k damage - Those of you that know me know that this is a MAJOR issue for me... Prior to 0.8.0, my rogue was doing in the upwards of 40k backstabs sin crits. After the update, my backstabs are hitting for ~1k WITH crits. This is even after I use Daggerfall (rogue disc that ensures 100% accuracy of backstab and almost guarantees a high damage from it). I have tried this on multiple mobs trash, midtier, raid mobs, you name it. Not cool. Just... not... cool...

Some good things though from update:

1) New AAs! - All those AAs you guys had "banked" can now be used on about 5-10 new AAs that mostly help with damage mitigation and some other class specific things. There is however one AA that shows database error which is kind of weird.

2) Sorry paladins, but your cleanse-on-every-mob ability is now gone. This was one of the biggest complaints on the server for a very long time and lucky (for most of us) it has been addressed. As much as you hate it, even paladins have to admit that this is a good fix. A server is never right if the paladin is hands down the top DPS, and it usually wasn't close with all those donor 2hs. They still do a fair amount of damage and there have recently been improvements in knight (Pal/SK) gear that add abilities like hate generation and defensive ability to make them more playable. The plan is to incorporate more of these kinds of items for knights so that they can (hopefully, one day) join in tank rotations along with warriors. The cleanse ability made pally a DPS machine. Now that that's gone, let's make pallies what they're meant to do, which is be a tanking machine.

3) BOTS!!! - The new bot system is actually really awesome. The commands are totally different so it will take some time getting used to them, but the bots are much better at what they do (clerics actually HEAL instead of DD!) and they have much higher AIs and act much more like PCs. Right now, creation of bots are "free". However, this is gonna cause problems. As anyone knows, bots cause a LOT of lag. Already you can tell cause even though only 9-10 people are on, because each of those people can have up to 5 bots up at a time, that lags down the server a lot... Either we're going to have to take away the bots or the server computer needs to be upgraded, big-time. Sadly, it will most-likely be the 1st choice before the latter. Who wants a server full of a bunch of bots anyway, right?

Anyways, I have to say, 100% of the credit for update to 0.8.0 HAS to go to Rencro, who out of the kindness of his heart (or because he just loves doing this) took it upon himself to get this server up to date. Are there bugs? Sure. But the server runs a LOT smoother than I expected and he was able to do it in such a short time. Really amazing work. Please give him praise where praise is due.

If you haven't taken the dive and tried the server out, I recommend giving it a try. Keep in mind though, as I said, the server is pretty laggy, especially past 11pm EST. Some, if not all, is attributed to multiple bots... so if you're a bot user, try to keep it to buffing and then put them suckas down. Please? Cherry on top? Of your nipple? Thanks!
Old 10-18-2013, 12:10 AM
Ozium
Sarnak

can't you just make it only one bot called?, not perfect but works

and thanks for making the newer clients playable
Old 10-18-2013, 02:22 AM
Burningsoul
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by samismallz View Post
Who wants a server full of a bunch of bots anyway, right?
The same could be said about a server full of boxers having their armies permacamp everything.

I get the bots come at a high server overhead, but try knocking the max bots spawned count to 2 or 1, and see if the lag lessens. Something other than watching 2-3 people gajillion-box the whole server. Having bots enabled here helped me to FINALLY progress a bit today, since back before this went down, it was a ghost town that made progression damn near impossible. I found myself using 2 bots and had a blast, while seeming to keep my lag spikes under control.

My love of bots = your love of boxing. There. Just trying to ramble out the devil's advocate.
Old 10-18-2013, 05:09 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burningsoul View Post
The same could be said about a server full of boxers having their armies permacamp everything.

I get the bots come at a high server overhead, but try knocking the max bots spawned count to 2 or 1, and see if the lag lessens. Something other than watching 2-3 people gajillion-box the whole server. Having bots enabled here helped me to FINALLY progress a bit today, since back before this went down, it was a ghost town that made progression damn near impossible. I found myself using 2 bots and had a blast, while seeming to keep my lag spikes under control.

My love of bots = your love of boxing. There. Just trying to ramble out the devil's advocate.
onecharacterimmersion > (loveofbots) + loveofboxing
Old 10-18-2013, 06:31 AM
HandOfFate
Fire Beetle

Mobs in Veksar are also invincible. At least 1 in 10 can not be killed.

AoW was a pita.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:30 AM
nenelan
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets View Post
onecharacterimmersion > (loveofbots) + loveofboxing
I agree wholeheartedly, but it's not for all. Personally, I'll love up and down any server that makes progression with one character possible and not mutually exclusive with alternate (and greater rewarded) progression with small groups. Others have their poison. I'm thankful that most of the play styles are represented somewhere at least
Old 10-19-2013, 07:02 AM
eamxxx1
Fire Beetle

Btw, Proc spells and Group Leadership AAs are fixed!