Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 10-25-2013, 10:51 PM
mrfireturkey
Fire Beetle

Default Innoruuk 50

Innoruuk50 is a max level 50 server.

http:\\ashenbee.servegame.com

This is a server run as a hobby by a former top-guild leader from the old Innoruuk server circa 2002
This means I like old EQ but also enjoy modern additions like the map and client performance enhancements.

Here are some features:

EXP rates are slow. Exp loss and losing items on death starts at level 5.

There are no nodrop items.

Multi-Boxing is allowed.

Plane of Knowledge and Nexus are unreachable.

Old world content with Crescent Reach and connecting zones to Highhold Pass.

No Kunark+ expansions, although vet rewards are enabled (for now). Kunark and Velious may be added sometime next year. Maybe.

Almost all original zones, including east and west commonlands and freeport (exceptions: Highhold pass, Hateplane).

Oldworld endgame encounters are tougher due to changes in the modern clients.

Loot has been tweaked in some cases to make it more attractive, new loot added to loot tables.

New named mobs in many zones.

Plane of Sky is undergoing a makeover to not suck as bad.

Temple of Cazic Thule is being converted to a level 45+ dungeon with new raid encounters.

Merchants have been added to the East Commonlands Tunnel.

Prices of many items, like generic armor and combine weapons are reduced to be actually affordable.

This is a hybrid server, with the newer client (Underfoot+) in mind, but in the old world. All races are usable, with Iksar and Va Shir starting in Crescent Reach.

There is a no griefing policy. Spawn competition is encouraged, but training people and using exploits results in a ban if caught or enough people complain about you.

Some GM support for now (with the potential to add guides). Post help requests and bugs on the forums.

I've got a good server setup and good amount of bandwidth - so unless we're mobbed (which I doubt) you shouldn't experience too many problems.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:59 PM
Kavanah
Sarnak

When you say new loot tables/new loot... is this upgraded loot from classic? My biggest concern is not being able to group with people and I don't like to box more than 1 other toon. So if the loot is attractive enough that I can really progress with just boxing a war/cleric or monk/shaman then I would be interested =D
Old 10-25-2013, 11:19 PM
mrfireturkey
Fire Beetle

Some of the old world loot has been upgraded - for raid mobs / named mobs that were also made tougher. I didn't jack the stats way up, but made the loot in these cases a bit better.

This does include loot dropped in places like Guktop, Oasis, and Blackburrow - for example. I'll post some examples when I get a chance, of what some of the differences are.

I fully understand about not grouping with people you don't care for. I'm trying to attract an older, more casual crowd, as there are many servers that cater to the hardcore types. This isn't to say that I won't welcome dedicated raiding guilds.
Old 10-26-2013, 11:40 AM
mrfireturkey
Fire Beetle

Here is an example of a loot change:

Lockjaw Hide Vest

Normal EQ: 12 AC, 5 STA, Extended Enhancement I

Innoruuk50: 12 AC, 5 STA, 3 FR, 3 CR, 10 Mana, Extended Enhancement II

Still not an uber item, but players are able to use it longer than they would before.

Here is an item from Lady Vox, the Crystalline Spear

Normal EQ: 13 Dmg, 30 Delay

Innoruuk50: 13 Dmg, 30 Delay, 5 STR, 5 AGI, 5 DEX, 15 CR, 30 HP, Proc Lighting Bolt starting at level 46.

So, more high end items in the old world got a bump, while many of the more well known lower level items got a slight bump as well (Shiny Brass Shield, Polished Granite Tomahawk). Nothing outrageous or unbalanced for the lower level stuff.

The high end items got more of a bump because the raid mobs are, for the most part, all tougher.
Old 10-26-2013, 12:14 PM
Adol77
Fire Beetle

So the mobs are tougher, how is anyone going to kill anything useless you box 12+ toons. There is no population to play with ;/
Old 10-26-2013, 01:36 PM
Kavanah
Sarnak

^ This is my concern. I'm not going to box a bunch of characters to play on a server. It's your server and you should do what you want with it, unfortunately it WILL alienate a lot of people because the content will be so hard that people can't progress. Having 30+ people on a legit server outside of one done REALLY REALLY well, well... it just isn't going to happen. And I am a glass half full kind of guy.

I did a classic server called Eq Revisted a while back. I completely overhauled the loot tables and added translocators for the main cities to help with some travel. You could solo with solo-able classes well and you could just about 2 box (which was limit) most of the content. The grind was still somewhat there as exp was 2x faster than normal, the drops had cool graphics and updated stats (for instance all cloth had +5hp +5mana, bronze +20hp +20mana, etc; dragoon dirk was 11/23 25hp 10dex) It also had lots of custom loot that was in line with my upgraded versions of old loot.

I loved my server. Thought it was balanced very well and offered the solo-2box content most people wanted. I had 8 people on at once during prime time. That was it. I eventually took it down during my bout with cancer, but the population grew almost to 0. Outside of P99 and some REALLY well done custom servers, the only servers that will hold a population for a little while is EZ type servers/random loot/quick leveling. The problem with them is if you don't continue to develop content for end game, the population for the front door is just as large for the back door.
Old 10-28-2013, 04:14 PM
mrfireturkey
Fire Beetle

The original old world raid mobs are trivial with the post titanium clients. I bumped up the raid mobs to a level that would be challenging for a normal sized raid.

I concede that this won't matter if it has no real population. Its a server that isn't a cake walk. If you want legit that is friendly to small populations, I'm sure there are much better options out there for you.