Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 09-04-2013, 08:16 AM
knowom
Discordant

Exclamation DotaQuest

Zone line to zone line faction based power struggles...
for conquest, control and loot!!
everything claimed shall once again be reclaimed...
Multiple races, multiple classes, multiple items,...and multiple multiples!!
Loading....PLEASE WAIT!!
Debug Error: Database not found...
LOL yes? no? MOBA?
Anyway that's my dream MMO...
But it doesn't exist!!
Owned!!

I'm don't know if I can create it or not, but that's kind of my goal of what I'd like to try to do with EQemu eventually. For now I'm just learning what I can about the DB for EQemu and how to custom the different aspects of it.

I'm sure I could learn and help aid in such a project, but I'm not certain if I can pull off such a epic task on my own. I'd like to at least see what I can learn and could accomplish however.

I guess my only question to the EQemu community is would anyone be interested in such a project in any shape or form either to play it or better yet work together to co-develop something dynamic and innovative?

Honestly if I had my pick of three people on EQemu to work with that I believe could such a bizarre idea to fruition it would be Akkadius, Drakiyth, and Jahar_LoA.

They seem to have a lot of combined collective knowledge, aspiration, and innovation. Drakiyth's class creation and diversity is pretty outstanding in fact it would make a nice base for this type of project.

Akkadius just like he knows a lot of stuff and is pretty expert when it comes to EQemu overall and would be invaluable if not for that reason alone.

Jahar_LoA seems ambitious and I like that and his DiabloQuest thing is a pretty radical and gnarly especially if he's planning a Horadric Cube type of thing.

I see huge potential for ways to utilize lore no drop items with quests and trade skills in like a family tree forked branching outward sort of a way that can be utilized and explored in enormous dynamic ways more and more and more progressively.

Anyway without giving every detail away and trust me I haven't thought them all up yet it's meant to be a revolving door of complex evolving progressive thinking ideas and concepts what do people think?

Is it interesting does it sound fun would they play it is it something they would want to help contribute to and be involved with the progression of it all as a player as a developer as whatever?

Is it feasible is it way to complex is it just not that exciting?

Do the factions try to claim control over the varying involved quest components and such?

Did you just lose the war game over no more quarters times up and your no rent quest part you finally obtained become obsolete and poof...

How did that make you feel? Ask Dr. Phil IDK....

intrigued yet? no? yes? no? yes? yes? no? yes? no? no? maybe? possibly? defiantly! perhaps...kinda...sorta?

ENOUGH ALL READY FIN!
Old 09-06-2013, 01:33 PM
Kavanah
Sarnak

Believe it or not, I edited some of the earliest DOTA maps and multiple TD's on WC3 ROC. I used to have the 3.7 password that only a handful of people had (Eul, Ryu, Sixbrowsnakes, OutPaxton)

I was really disheartened by the maps that follwed in TFT expansion. I got really excited about Valve releasing a MOBA (heck I got excited that MOBA became a genre!) but was really upset when I found out they were naming it DOTA2 and even got into a legal battle over the name with Blizzard.

DOTA was created by the player base and should have remained as an icon of what players have to offer to games in terms of customization. That's why I love EQemu.

With that said... good luck with trying this out though I don't think it will work for many reasons.

As regards to a game already out similiar to mmo style, try checking out Smite.