Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::News

Archive::News Archive area for New's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 07-23-2003, 04:42 AM
mamba666
Sarnak

I just wanted to post that all I had to do to get EQ Live EXE to load up the 5.0 DR EQemu is change the host file with the one posted here and run eqgame.exe patchme method.

I was then able to login no prob to a 5.0 server.

All I can say is WOW! You guys are doin a fantastic job.

I know it is still early and a lot of work to do, but the fact that it even works is spectacular in my opinion.
Old 07-23-2003, 07:49 AM
cannonalldex
Sarnak

i simply patched to eqlive, copied the everquest folder to c: drive, changed the eqhost (changed that last 9 to a 7) and i logged into the 5.0 servers. nothing hard about it
Old 07-23-2003, 09:03 AM
Jerrysn
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonalldex
i simply patched to eqlive, copied the everquest folder to c: drive, changed the eqhost (changed that last 9 to a 7) and i logged into the 5.0 servers. nothing hard about it
Must be nice

*update for a quick question*

I'm getting a 1017 error and still hoping for some help (posted elswhere)

Anyway when I have tried to login and am at the server select, I see anywhere fro 1 to 3 (maybe more) 0.5.0 servers, and a couple have anywhere from 0,1 or maybe 2 players, and the rest of the servers are 'Closed'.

I've been trying around midnight (mounty time) for the past couple of days.

My question is, does this sound right? I'm thinking something else might be wacked up

Thanks,
Jerry
Old 07-24-2003, 04:46 PM
IAdemongoat
Fire Beetle

Doh, I meant the last patch we had hehe i was looking at the patchs on cr,
read one wrong and put july and not june, and thats not the last one anyway.. does it work with the last patch? and what servers are 5.0 i havn't seen any just yet
Old 07-24-2003, 11:42 PM
Kamdarian
Fire Beetle

so does this meen that I will not get that 1017 error message when I try to log on to a server anymore?
yes I know I sound like a newb...thats because I am one
Old 07-28-2003, 10:29 AM
tatung
Sarnak

Default ANY help!?!?

Ive made my own server...a one i can play offline by my slef but i cant log in...it keeps telling me incorect version..does this port thing have any thing to do with it??or is thee a file i ahe to replace to play my server..i heard tlk about the eqmain.dll or sumthin..
Old 07-29-2003, 01:09 AM
Edgar1898
Former EQEmu Developer
Current EQ2Emu Lead Developer

no you dont have to replace any files, if you people would READ and follow the directions EXACTLY, you wouldnt have any problems
Old 07-31-2003, 02:51 PM
Carcharoth
Fire Beetle

I replaced the host file as directed above and I cannot get past the login screen. Any ideas what I haven't done?
Old 07-31-2003, 03:09 PM
Carcharoth
Fire Beetle

scratch that. I know what I didn't do now I make it to the login screen. Unfortunately their are no servers atm for me to login to
Old 08-08-2003, 05:54 PM
Astartae
Sarnak

Yes, all the .5.0 servers up are locked for developers only. Which makes this whole post kinda obsolete at the moment, I would think.
Old 08-13-2003, 01:02 PM
x-scythe
Discordant

Default .

they come up every now and then...like i think krushers is up now even tho it has a few bugs