Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Old 09-16-2019, 07:18 AM
Thalix
Sarnak

Default Concept behind loottbles (did I get it right)?

Just to make sure I understood the loot concept (even if I use tools to add loot, I want to understand how it works):

- Create a new record in lootdrop for the Id. The field 'name' doesn't matter.
- Create new record(s) in lootdrop_entries. Here you put the items you want to drop for this lootdrop.
- Create a new record in loottable. You can set coin-loot for this set. Connects the loottable to lootdrop_entries
- Create new record(s) in loottable_entries. Sets the drop chance of this set. Connects the loottable with a specific npc_type.

1. Is that how it works?
2. What about the table 'global_loot'? If I set the field 'skip_global_loot' to 'false' in the table 'npc_type' and set the field 'loottable_id' in 'npc_type', is both used then?
Old 11-14-2019, 02:35 PM
Riklin
Hill Giant

I'm also interested in this. Is there some kind of guide, wiki or something that provides details as to how loot work?
Old 11-14-2019, 03:26 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

global loot is global loot. This is a system they added that has conditional application (used for a lot of tradeskills and defiant for example)

To answer the question about global loot, yes. By default all NPCs check global loot tables.

https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/blob...anager.cpp#L44 I think that explains the rules fairly well. Even if you don't understand C++, it should be pretty easy to understand.