Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 10-24-2017, 03:04 AM
Thalix
Sarnak

Default What Game Era do you prefer for playing on EQEmu? (Poll)

Please click here to vote on this anonymous one-click Vote. No Popups.
http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p...b04d6fbe2cfe3c

Thanks to The_Beast for the idea!
Old 10-24-2017, 11:17 AM
Excuses
Hill Giant

Classic to classic
Old 10-24-2017, 07:14 PM
The_Beast
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalix View Post
Please click here to vote on this anonymous one-click Vote. No Popups.
http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p...b04d6fbe2cfe3c

Thanks to The_Beast for the idea!
I would love to see more polls going on. That easypolls has been around a awhile and utilized on these forums before.
Only problem is, trying to keep the focus on "player" input, as intended, rather than attracting server dev opinions.
Old 10-25-2017, 06:22 AM
Sosyn
Fire Beetle

no GoD or OoW ? :p cuz thats what i want :p
Old 10-26-2017, 10:58 AM
Turmoiltoad
Forum Guide

Hey Thalix: just a thought, but could you make some server recommendations for each of those poll options?
Old 03-24-2018, 07:54 PM
Tegila
Hill Giant

how come nothing even remotely modern eq was even an option? I havent played in 5 years, and i played logner than that before, but all these choices were at least a few expacs old when I started even. If eqemu is only supposed to be for ancient eq, then why even bother supporting anything beyond Titanium.

My vote would be for anything newer than these choices, but preferably TSS onwards, but at the very least, OoW/GoD as Sosyn mentioned. I mean, how is this an ERA vote, when only the first 4 out of nearly 20years are even an option? Seems more like how old do you like your timelock and how big a masochist are you lol.

edit: not to say that's a bad thing^^, but I don't get the point of the poll if there's no room for an actual opinion on the question. If I asked what your favorite american car was and i only mentioned 3 ford compacts, what about the fullsizes, the chevys, the dodges, etc?
Old 03-24-2018, 09:41 PM
Uleat
Developer

It takes a lot of time and effort to incorporate and support expansions.

The guys at peq have added 4 expansions in the time that I've been here.

Newer expansions will likely come..but, not in the blink on a eye.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 03-24-2018, 10:19 PM
Tegila
Hill Giant

i was just referring ot the poll only including the first 5, and it was made just this past october, while a lot more than those 5 (10 just in titanium) are available and have been, well at least all in titanium. Don't understand the use of "era" in the question with that being the case, maybe it was just poorly worded for what op was really looking to ask, or maybe they were really meaning to ask about p99 not all eqemu.
Old 03-25-2018, 02:55 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegila View Post
i was just referring ot the poll only including the first 5, and it was made just this past october, while a lot more than those 5 (10 just in titanium) are available and have been, well at least all in titanium. Don't understand the use of "era" in the question with that being the case, maybe it was just poorly worded for what op was really looking to ask, or maybe they were really meaning to ask about p99 not all eqemu.

Because absolute majority of Emu players mostly played EQ before 2004 and mostly quit during 2004 when the EQ2 and WoW were released and game lost 2/3rds of its population in a matter of weeks. Therefore these people (myself included) hardly care for anything past that point - we rather prefer to relive the old content (VERY OLD content) but maybe redone with quality improvements.

Myself I am working on a FULLY CUSTOM server that will be comprising on mostly Original World and concentrate on a long adventure from 1 to 50, with bulk of the game taking place in 30s and 40s.
Old 04-18-2018, 02:37 PM
Dogmai9
Sarnak

For me, the more expansions available, they better.
Old 05-12-2018, 09:38 AM
sunbeam
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmai9 View Post
For me, the more expansions available, they better.
Eh, I voted for PoP and back. Kind of liked Ykesha, but the content got kind of stupid past that.

And I'm one of the few people that liked LDoN I think. Liked that it provided an alternate gearing path you could do by grouping as opposed to raiding (and probably why some hated it).

Also when people were doing it heavy when it first came out, it was like old times with getting a full group and doing something even vaguely dungeony.

This game was really tedious at time, if you didn't play a soloable class, you would wind up with whatever group you could get, and usually pulled Rhinos or something in Overthere, over and over and...

Come to think of it, that's pretty much what you did with a soloable class as well. That and farm green dungeons.
Old 05-14-2018, 12:49 PM
Tegila
Hill Giant

That's what you can do now too lol...the newest expansion starting zone is a 106+ overthere complete with rhinos
Old 05-16-2018, 10:07 AM
lctucker2999
Sarnak

I played from Velious launch through DoN. Unfortunately I never got to experience true end-game content in era until PoP. VT was already on farm status, however I did get to enjoy plenty of VT raids to gear us up for 3rd/4th tier PoP. As such, my fondest memories were PoP progression, and each new win getting us closer and closer to Time. Luckily for me, PoP came out the same year I graduated high school and started junior college, so needless to say my priorities were EQ first, school/work second, and I was able to spend the time needed to progress through PoP successfully.

We were also progressing through GoD and I don't remember how close we were before I quit... I think we were just one zone away, having Txevu access but not quite to Tacvi yet.

Nowadays with a family, kids, a house that never seems to stop sucking up money, and 2 jobs to support all of the above, time for EQ is limited. So I now play on my own bot-enabled server where I am semi-legitimately progressing from classic onward. I've got AoW and Vulak on farm status (it takes a long time to gear up 71 bots!) and just a couple weeks ago got my first Emp kill. Finally completed VT key yesterday as a matter of fact and as soon as I entered VT... it felt strangely familiar even though I hadn't been there in over 15 years. Definitely more so than ToV or Kael did. I'm excited to go through VT, PoP, and GoD coming up.

*edit to fix a typo