Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 09-02-2013, 07:48 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Default Akka's Funhouse: Sands of Time & Visions of Morell Expanion Releases

Welcome players! The news everyone has been waiting for! For any questions please report them to the forums - report to the 'Akkadian Development' link in my signature below.

Akka's Funhouse has released with two expansions:

• [Sands of Time]
• Hero! The ancients, ascended beings of Norrath have taken mortal form in a plane which resides in a Desert underneath a sea, where ancient unlocked power of timeshifting resides with the pyramids.
• Speak with 'Gracchus Jacobi' in the Bazaar to learn more...
• Over 8 new zones from levels 200-205
• Several new group Expeditions!
• Several new raid Expeditions!
• Over 10 new Alternate Currency merchants!
• New items and rewards!
• New exciting story to investigate, unfold and experience!
• New Spells and Disciplines 200-205
• New hub zone

• [Visions of Morell]
• Experience an untold story of Morell Thule, the God of Dreams who has been exiled from his godly powers with the quarrel of his sister, Terris Thule.
• Enter the large door neigh-boring Bazaar to start this expansion
• Over 20 new zones from levels 100-200
• Several new group Expeditions!
• Several new raid Expeditions!
• New Spells and Disciplines 150-190
• New Pet Armory
• Over 20 tasks with great new rewards!
• Over 10 new Alternate Currency merchants!
• New items and rewards!
• New exciting story to investigate, unfold and experience!
• New hub zone

Raid Content - Is hard locked until I make the decision to unlock it in both expansions, there should be plenty to keep players busy in the meantime

:: Release Notes ::

[Expedition System]
• The expedition system is a mission-style mechanic developed to bring forth the social aspect of the game back, and it truly does!
• Expeditions are utilized with NPC's who offer them, they will take you on an adventure to unseen places!
• The expedition system has now officially went live with these expansion never seen before!
• Expeditions can hold up to 100 players, enforce level requirements, enforce player requirements, offer repeatability and offer great rewards
• Expedition NPC's do not respawn
• Expeditions are timed, for example 'Madness in Crushbone!' has a 6 hour timer in 'Sands of Time' before it expires
• Expedition system uses the following commands:
• #expedition (Displays list of expedition commands)
• #expedition leave - Leaves expedition
• #expedition destroy - If you are leader, will destroy your current expedition
• #expedition memberlist - Will get your expedition memberlist
• #expedition groupinvite <playername> - Search for a player of another group to invite
• #expedition invite <playername> - Search for a player to invite
• #expedition remove <playername> - Search for a group/raid member to remove
• #expedition makeleader <playername> - Will pass leadership to another expedition member

[Achievements!]
• Achievements take a very new and exciting place in Akka's Funhouse, there are literally thousands of Achievements in place now:
• Race Kills
• Looting achievements
• Skill achievements
• Task achievements
• More achievements to come!

[Custom Sounds]
• Akka's Funhouse now has custom sounds all over the place - As of right now I'm using sound files included with the client - It's really cool! - Look out for them

[Items]
• Items with required level of 175 or lower are now droppable/tradable

[Idle Points]
• As players are idle in hub zones, they will receive points for various rewards

[Factions]
• New expansions include opposing factions of NPC's

[Cutscene System]
• A new cutscene system has taken place in the new expansions, they are used to give the player more involvement into the story and environment around them

[NPC Dialogue]
• All new NPC Dialogue no longer happens through the chat window as it traditionally did, everything happens through windows in which your response is given through either 1 available choice or several
• When you are dealing with an NPC with multiple responses, the options will be given as saylinks

[NPC's]
• Removed all 'FSP-General-NoEffect' Campfires that would attack players (Over 50)

[Pets Revamp]
• As you all know, the pet system has taken a serious revamp, some think this is going to be a nerf bat, when really this is simply a rebalance to an unbalanced system, which allows for scalability and new stuff in the future.
• Pets now scale based on their original level of the spell, so for example, if I used a pet earring and the pet was originally level 83, it will scale based on level 83.
• Pets now mimic the level of their owner
• Pet scaling based on statistics has not changed
• Pet scaling now occurs more frequently, meaning if you use an ability that pumps up your statistics that increase pet power and that effect fades, your pet will also rescale and take on scaling with your current statistics
• Pet power still is in effect with the new scaling system
• Swarm Pets also scale with the new system
• Pet Class bonuses didn't quite make the release, however it should function no different than that of the current system which is flat

[Spells]
• Over 2,000 Spells and Disciplines have been introduced
• Visions of Morell contains spells between Levels 150-190
• Sands of Time contains spells between Levels 200-205
• Many new spells have been introduced, please report any bugs that are found with them

[Levels]
• 200 remains the server cap, the cap is broken through progressing through content, more particularily Tier 1 & Tier 2

[Stat Caps]
• Here are the new stat caps:
• Level 205 - 3,000
• Level 204 - 2,900
• Level 203 - 2,800
• Level 202 - 2,700
• Level 201 - 2,600
• Level 200 - 2,500
• Players underneath Level 200 are 2,500
• Players underneath Level 61 cap out at 255
• Heroics should stack on top of these caps

[Crashes]
• Fixed an issue with client crashes where particle effects would flood the clients cache memory to the point where it would drop the client

[Plane of Skill]
• Where combat trainers (Training dummy) and Guildmasters reside, you can get to it through the 'Guild Hall'

[Zone Points]
• The Guild Hall now has a zone point to 'Sanctum Somnium'
• The Guild Hall now has a zone point to 'Plane of Skill'

:: Post Release Notes ::
[Fixes]

• Fixed an issue where the pet armory wasn't saving correctly under certain circumstances 16 hours ago
• Fixed an issue with the 'Ancient Codex' Expedition in 'Visions of Morell' where invis would drop before intended and players would get aggro 17 hours ago
• Fixed typo in 'Sands of Time' dialogue with 'Prophet Yakuzi' 20 hours ago
• Fixed an issue where an invisible NPC is accidently given an item, the NPC will eat the item 20 hours ago
• Restored Doubloons for those who were missing a bunch since the content update 21 hours ago
• Fixed an issue when you are in a cutscene - the 'Page Turn' sound effect will keep triggering because the windows are refreshing, this no longer occurs on window refresh - The windows refresh because a player could be changing UI settings or performing other actions that cause the popup window to disappear 23 hours ago
• Fixed an issue where the Blue Dragon picture in Bazaar was porting players to the 'Plane of Skill' 1 day ago
• Fixed an issue with achievements not properly triggering or displaying for all achievements 1 day ago
• Fixed an issue where 'Skelly Nobales' lost his Merchant items (Bags merchant in Bazaar) 1 day ago
• Fixed an issue with beds in Somnium where their proximity box were overlapping with other beds, causing appearance bugs 2 days ago
• Fixed an issue where Orum would poof in your cursor stack when you also received another item for reward during the dream tasks, your currencies will now immediately show up in the inventory tab 2 days ago
• Fixed spawn count issues in Cobalt Scar Dreamzone, also adjusted spawn timers 1 day ago
• Fixed an issue where Brogg in the Sebilis Dreamzone was on a PH rotation - This was not meant to be, he is put on his own spawn 1 day ago
[NPCs]
• Instead of barely regenerating at all, pets will now regenerate an 8th of their health per tick 1 day ago
• Fixed an issue where Traknon in the Sebilis Dreamzone was porting players to the original Sebilis on banishment 1 day ago
• Mistmoore Dreamzone Vampires and Werewolves are now in abundance 1 day ago
• Mistmoore Dreamzone dark residents updates will now count from any Dark Elf 1 day ago
• Fixed an issue with the Kael Dreamzone in which there were not enough adjutants to go around! 1 day ago
• Made drastic pet scaling adjustments 2 days ago
[Spells]
• Fixed an issue with several spells that were being sold, and certain listing of the spell merchants 22 hours ago
• Removed over 20 "strike" spells from the spells Merchants as they are simply proc results of their "non-strike" spell 1 day ago
• Adjusted 'Blessing of Assurance' Cleric spell to reflect 14% as opposed to 9% and a max level of 200 (Requires Server Reboot) 1 day ago
• Fixed issue with Cleric pets where 'Infallible Hammer of Zeal' and 'Devout Hammer of Zeal Rk. III' pets were flip flopped 1 day ago
• HOTFIX: Because Runic Swirl Aura was removed from the game, it's ID was replaced with another spell and was actually causing damage to players when server wide MGB's occur or Superior buffs are casted upon a player. This has been hotfixed 2 days ago
[Zone]
• Mistmoore Dreamzone spawn timers have been reduced to 10 minutes 1 day ago
• Sanctum Somnium should crash dramatically less, I have one issue to work out but it should be good to go in the meantime 2 days ago
[Loot]
• Upped the drop-rate on 'Morell's Crystal Embalmed Subconscious (Q) 22 hours ago
[Players]
• Players will now be invulnerable in the Plane of Skill while training with combat Sensei Kruchek and still skill up dodge type abilities 2 days ago
[Progression]
• Added ability to view the Story Cutscene 'What happened to Morell Thule...' again once you have gone through it on your character. You can do this by hailing Morell Thule at any time after this stage... 1 day ago
• Fixed a small sequencing issue with Duke with a part of '(PP) Morell Thule, the Dream Catching' where instead of 'Speak to Duke` it is now 'Bring the Completed Dream to Duke' 1 day ago

TEASERS:

Old 09-02-2013, 08:12 PM
oslander
Sarnak

This really needed a new topic?

edit - Pretty sure of all emu knows is what I am saying.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:51 AM
Weldarr
Sarnak

All I can say is fantastic Akka!! Truly awesome work. Despite what any wannabe devs may say, the server looks amazing.

-Vaion
The Hidden Forest
Old 10-05-2013, 05:21 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

The Heroes on Akka's Funhouse have unfolded on a journey which has brought them across the fabrics of time.
This time they will need to be challenged by no other than the ancients themselves in the tower of Relic to prove their worthiness for the next big stage.
Heroes will find themselves fighting very large encounters, new quests and expeditions.
The Ancients in Sands of Time will help the heroes find their way to their new destiny.

Coming Soon!
Old 10-02-2015, 12:06 AM
Denburxx
Banned

is this still around really miss playing here
Old 10-02-2015, 12:30 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denburxx View Post
is this still around really miss playing here
It is not around currently ;(
Old 10-02-2015, 12:02 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Blood of the akkadian needs to come back.

Seriously, best server ever dude.

Old 10-02-2015, 01:05 PM
bakajikara
Sarnak

Yes I love see this server make a comeback I miss it also.
Old 10-02-2015, 01:26 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Aww, thanks guys.

Which server? Akka's Funhouse and Blood of the Akkadian were two different servers.
Old 10-02-2015, 02:46 PM
Denburxx
Banned

both are awesome in their own way would be awesome for both to make a return but. if only one would be available i'd say Blood of the Akkadian for others to be pleased me i just miss the fun servers that were around a year ago lolz
Old 10-02-2015, 04:12 PM
bakajikara
Sarnak

I agree on booth I like try Blood to.
Old 10-15-2015, 04:56 PM
Denburxx
Banned

maybe be a christmas present for us lol
Old 10-16-2015, 05:26 AM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Blood of the Akkadian.

I never had so much fun.

Old 10-21-2015, 10:57 PM
Knowfear99
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkadius View Post
Aww, thanks guys.

Which server? Akka's Funhouse and Blood of the Akkadian were two different servers.
Akka's Funhouse was the best time I had on any emu server. It sucked that it went down after a few of us put a lot of effort into the Akka Forum and the support we did for players on the funhouse. =(

It was worth it. It was devastating that it went away.

Phrozen
Old 10-22-2015, 12:07 AM
bakajikara
Sarnak

I was a long time player there to and donated quite a lot over my play time to