Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 01-20-2019, 07:33 PM
kokey98
Hill Giant

Default a happening?

is there some sort of "cheat" circulating to confuse server population on the server list?

i say that in jest, because there are so many servers with more than 1-2 people on it.. not named p99, et al., that you expect. i haven't been watchign in at least a couple months or more. maybe it's just timing of some new servers and that initial surge and inevitable dropoff for most at this particular moment in time?

just tons online and not cannibalizing the more populat servers' typical numbers... maybe some exodus from retail servers? looks to be more people playing than average at the same time.
Old 01-20-2019, 10:05 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

I've seen a few people show up on PEQ that quit from live TLPs, maybe some going to other servers.

Cheating pop is easy :P
Old 01-21-2019, 01:45 AM
lupisnoctum
Sarnak

Servers with suspiciously high populations tend to be boxing servers. Find out the max number of boxes allowed, divide by that.

Funniest (and saddest) thing is when you see a server that's been a member of the Zero Club for months or years suddenly have 6 players all the time. Log in and you'll see that it's some sad bastard playing with himself. Creepy af. There are just some sublevels of the basement man was not intended to glimpse.
Old 01-21-2019, 01:54 AM
acer5000
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupisnoctum View Post
Servers with suspiciously high populations tend to be boxing servers. Find out the max number of boxes allowed, divide by that.

Funniest (and saddest) thing is when you see a server that's been a member of the Zero Club for months or years suddenly have 6 players all the time. Log in and you'll see that it's some sad bastard playing with himself. Creepy af. There are just some sublevels of the basement man was not intended to glimpse.
That's a pretty depressing and cynical perspective on someone doing their own thing. Geez, tough crowd here.
Old 01-21-2019, 02:06 AM
lupisnoctum
Sarnak

Eh, it's one thing to go to the bar and drink. Quite another thing to sit at home and slam it down all by yourself every night.
Old 01-21-2019, 02:49 AM
demonstar55
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by acer5000 View Post
That's a pretty depressing and cynical perspective on someone doing their own thing. Geez, tough crowd here.
It's pretty messed up to get so upset over how someone spends their time. What does it matter how they're enjoying their evening? (I mean, as long as they're not harming others, it really doesn't matter)
Old 01-21-2019, 06:47 AM
lupisnoctum
Sarnak

Noting odd behavior means one is upset? Ah yeah. Internet. Carry on.
Old 01-21-2019, 07:00 AM
phantomghost
Hill Giant

When I log into my own server it sometimes shows millions on the server... That's just me and my 82 million bots.
Old 01-21-2019, 11:42 AM
lctucker2999
Sarnak

My server is typically 0 or 1 (myself). Sometimes 2 if I log on my GM account and player account at the same time. But just this weekend it spiked to 9 total (including boxes) but I think it was a whopping 5 live people total including myself. I was super stoked, since I made the server specifically for myself, and it's cool to see other people appreciate one's own vision, even if it's only 1 or 2 other people.
Old 01-21-2019, 03:49 PM
Dogmai9
Sarnak

What I find more disgusting is there are servers in preferred and legendary categories with less than 10 people on all the time while some white servers have more population than preferred and some preferred more than legendary.
Old 01-22-2019, 06:36 PM
kokey98
Hill Giant

i appologize for the end result of this thread... LoL, not intended

even if it is mostly multi-boxing servers, it's still way more than a not so long ago normal ebb and flow. obviously, they all are not under this definition too.

there's an uptick, regardless of playing choice, it seems. only a good thing when more people are playing here.