Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 07-12-2018, 06:14 PM
Uleat
Developer

Quote:
local_network = 2.155.129.155
..in your login.ini file.

change to
Quote:
local_network = 2.155.129.
..leaving the last dot.

The older setup guide addressed this..but, the new one is/was incorrect as of two days ago.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 07-12-2018, 09:19 PM
Dryamzord01
Hill Giant

Default Thanks you friend

something more than that? Should this change in the beginning of the session in the local network and should people be able to enter?
Old 07-12-2018, 09:36 PM
Dryamzord01
Hill Giant

in SQL in loginserver_accounts , loginserver:adminregistration and loginserver world registration ,
What ipsAdress do I put?
Old 07-13-2018, 11:53 PM
Dryamzord01
Hill Giant

Default help

I have windows 10 in the firewall I get 4 loginserver and 4 world, some are private and others public, in which I have to open the ports and what are they?
Old 07-17-2018, 07:03 PM
Dryamzord01
Hill Giant

Friend ,
with george tools I do not register with the .bat the things, only the quartz.dll and the mdsxm module, the others do not, and manually registering in cmd administrator does not leave me either, binary file not stored in the specified route. folders with everything in º1, I have it in C: /, what do I do to register well with the .bat? =
Old 07-21-2018, 03:33 PM
Dryamzord01
Hill Giant

ey friend, arias in my server no longer gives the mission, and nobody gives you missions, that is changed from somewhere?
Old 07-22-2018, 09:39 AM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Dude.

You're too stupid to run a server.

How about you learn on your own instead of freaking out over every little problem?

People these days....Don't get your hand held and you freak out.

Go fucking trace down the problem.

Worthless

Old 07-22-2018, 01:12 PM
kokey98
Hill Giant

if you're not a teenager, you really need to take a step back and assess your behaviour. you are worse than nick burns the IT guy from the SNL skit.

while i don't agree with why he thinks you can't do it, i think you are trying to do too much too soon, Dryamzord01. i'm sure you are smart enough to figure it out, because it doesn't require much beyond a little experience.

you got stuff installed and it mostly worked? back it up -- label it with a description in folder name etc. make heavy use of backups -- even of config files when you change them... make a copy as <file name>.old or .backup1.

run into problem, step back to last backup... figure out cause... google search the forums

append "site:http://www.eqemulator.org" to any google search

e.g.
login.ini ip site:http://www.eqemulator.org

or the wiki site or whatever.

like the sql questions above, there's a finite # of combinations you can try that make sense. if that doesn't make sense, you need to read up on this stuff and learn some basics before someone can help you more easily. you'll need to know some basics or people can't help much.
Old 07-22-2018, 01:22 PM
Cusser
Sarnak

Forum Hospitality for foreign language (The OP doesn't speak english)

Unfortunate for the bullied prejudice that people have to endure on these forums, just because they don't have the knowledge
that others don't, or can't speak fluent english. It's been going on for years around here, without any professional moderation.
(They let the kids and drama queens run the daycare).
My friend and I are working on setting up a seperate (unofficial) discussion site to help the "less technical" people in a more
humane and user friendly enviroment, blocking forum problems, before they become a problem.(trolls, derailments, filtering, etc).
We all have wives, family and jobs, but we wouldn't think about going to work on a project unless we knew for sure that we had
the time to maintain it. That assessment has already been made and management is well planned between us. The discussion site
should be open and ready by September 1st.
Old 07-25-2018, 09:42 PM
kokey98
Hill Giant

just want to ensure that the first sentence from my previous post was not directed at Dryamzord01.

everyone starts somewhere. if i was more knowledgeable, i'd help more. i do some trial and error before things work sometimes too. i'll just confuse you more, if i mention anything specific. chance i am wrong and set you back further.