Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 07-28-2012, 05:56 PM
abraxis242
Fire Beetle

Default Unresponsive NPC's

So I finally got my LAN server up and running, and all is fairly well except that NPC's that normally have speech attached to them don't seem to want to respond... both quest givers and soulbinders. Likewise objects turned in are simply eaten. Not sure exactly how to fix this, my instinct tells me this is likely an activeperl issue. I'm using activeperl5.12.4.1205 Any advice would be welcome.
Old 07-28-2012, 07:30 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxis242 View Post
So I finally got my LAN server up and running, and all is fairly well except that NPC's that normally have speech attached to them don't seem to want to respond... both quest givers and soulbinders. Likewise objects turned in are simply eaten. Not sure exactly how to fix this, my instinct tells me this is likely an activeperl issue. I'm using activeperl5.12.4.1205 Any advice would be welcome.
Got the quests folders in your eqemu directory?

Old 07-28-2012, 07:58 PM
abraxis242
Fire Beetle

Yup. quests folders there, plugins copied to plugins... Vendors and trainers working fine, but Soulbinders unresponsive, as are any others who normally have hail dialogue.
Old 07-28-2012, 10:23 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

What database and source code revision are you using? Did you apply any necessary database updates that are newer than your database version to match the source code version?
Old 07-28-2012, 11:22 PM
abraxis242
Fire Beetle

Using the peqdatabase, rev2142 with all updates from 2142 on up (except the one for bots-not using those). As far as source code goes, it's the most recent SVN for eqemu. At work right now and not able to connect to server machine, when I get home I'll dig through the logs for some more clues.
Old 07-28-2012, 11:46 PM
joligario
Developer

If quests and plugins in correct location, may be a perl issue. Try running perl check on any script from console. What arch you running?
Old 07-29-2012, 01:36 AM
rhyotte
Hill Giant

Personally I have recently installed and re-installed a server several times and have noticed that quests and maps have been in -- Quests / Quests and Maps / Maps ...rather than Quests-period / and Maps-period. I have had to copy QQ into Quests and MM into Maps to get stuff working. Not sure why, but that is why my quests were not working. It took me a while to realize that was what was happening.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:41 AM
abraxis242
Fire Beetle

rhyotte, you hit the nail on the head. The quests were buried one folder too deep, and moving them up a level fixed the problem completely. Thanks a bunch to all of you guys for all the tips and advice, it's helped immensely.