Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 04-08-2015, 10:06 PM
starblight
Sarnak

Default Question about revamped zones and F2P client

I am making a local windows server with PEQ DB 9077. I have four clients Titanium, Underfoot, RoF, and the latest F2P on steam.

So far most things seem to be working fine on the F2P client. The only major problem I have ran into is the zones that have been revamped like west Freeport, North Ro, and so on do not work. What is odd is that if I log into underfoot client zone into west free port it loads the old zone and works except some of the mobs look like humans. Now if I log out and log back in on the F2P client not only do the mobs graphics work but I am also still in the old zone. I can even then run to North Ro and Oassis and it stays in the old zone. If I zone back to PoK and then back to West Free Port it loads the new zone.

To sum up if I make sure I first load into west free port with underfoot I can then load up the F2P client and play without issue.

So my question is if the F2P client has the correct graphics and ability to work in the old zones how do I force the server or client to load the old zones? I have tried some things though not sure how well I did them all. Meaning I am new to all this and far from an expert so I might have just messed it up. I will list what I have tried though anyways.

• I first tried to delete the new map files. I found this suggestion online but when I tried, it just stopped me from loading into the zone at all.
• I then tried to change the doors | client_version_mask from 4294967295 to 4294967280 thinking it would make all the clients act like underfoot (it did not seem to change anything)
• My next thought was that the server must be pointing new clients to new zones and that if I can find how I could change it to the old zone it might wrok. After reading I found 2 locations that looked promising, doors and zone_points. But after looking I can’t seem to find anything that looks like it would be used to go from PoK to west Free port. I even checked the location after arriving at west Free port on both clients and tried to match them to a destination in the DB but could not find any that matched

Issues I have found with F2P client
• 5 AAs under special do not seem to work. example: unknown DB string 52004-1
• One zone near the Lizard home town said we did not have the correct expansion when tried to zone.

I thought about giving more details about my setup but figured it would make the post even longer so if any more info will help please just ask. Also if I posted this in the wrong place I am sorry it is my first post on the forums.
Old 04-08-2015, 11:16 PM
KLS
Administrator

It can render the older zones (except for highpass) but the older zones weren't included in the newer clients so you would have to copy the data files over from the older clients.
Old 04-09-2015, 12:39 AM
starblight
Sarnak

So sounds like first you are saying it should work. I am very glad to hear that as the older clients sure are missing some nice features.

I am however not sure what I am doing wrong to get it to work. I had tried this before but to be sure I just did it again. I moved over the following files first renaming the current ones with a .new on the end.

Files from Underfoot
freportw_obj.s3d
freportw.txt
freportw.s3d
freportw_chr.txt

Did not work so deleted the underfoot files

Files from Titanium
freportw_assets.txt
freportw_chr.txt
freportw.txt
freportw_chr.s3d
freportw_sounds.eff
freportw.s3d
freportw.xmi
freportw_obj.s3d
freportw_sndbnk.eff

I am testing it by zoning from PoK to freeport west and I still get the new zone.
Old 04-09-2015, 02:35 AM
dagulus2
Hill Giant

Zoning to Freeport from PoK is handled by a script that you will have to either change or set up a new door object.
Old 04-09-2015, 03:03 AM
starblight
Sarnak

I have yet to look at the scripting because I thought it was only used for quests. I will load that up and see if I can figure it out. thanks for the help.
Old 04-09-2015, 01:04 PM
starblight
Sarnak

So today I am looking into scripting but I had a thought. Is it possible to make the new zones work? I am not that picky what zones are there as long as they work and the new zones now have a bunch of mobs that I can't attack and that do not attack me.
Old 04-09-2015, 01:32 PM
dagulus2
Hill Giant

You have two basic issues with most of the new zones.

1) They have been set to cancombat = 0 in the zone table, this stops anyone fighting. This is pretty easy to fix, just set it to 1 instead.

2) The mobs have no stats and hit for around 4 damage. This requires entering data for all the mobs in the zone. This will be a lot more time consuming.

Note, unless you want everyone to hit max level in around 4 hours, I would not fix issue 1 before you fix issue 2.
Old 04-09-2015, 03:07 PM
starblight
Sarnak

From what you are describing it seems if I just want working zones then making the old zones work sounds easier.

I am however having a hard time figuring out how to find and edit the scripts. I will keep looking but I figured someone might be able to point me to others that have asked the same question or a nudge in the right direction.

Also any reason it is a script and not in the doors DB?

I should give a little background about myself. I am far from a expert but I do have some knowledge of C++ and I have done a lot a Database work in FileMaker. If this seems way over my head please let me know now
Old 04-09-2015, 06:05 PM
dagulus2
Hill Giant

Quests > poknowledge > player.pl

Which is perhaps not the most obvious place to look.

And honestly, I have no knowledge of C++ and still end up doing quite a bit of scripting. It often takes me hours to get it right, but that's par for the course.
Old 04-09-2015, 09:29 PM
starblight
Sarnak

First thank you for all your help. Finding it truly was the biggest step fixing it was very easy. For others I am posting what changes I made.

This example is only for Freeport west I have not tested it yet on any other zones. One cool thing is it dose not seem to need any modifications to the client. I tested on the current f2p client with both modified files and not and they both work.

Original
Code:
  	if($doorid == 25)
	{
		$zonename = "Freeport West";
		if(($client->GetClientVersionBit() & 3)!= 0) #062/Titanium
		{
		  	quest::movepc(9,77.31,-660.57,-30.24);
		}
		elsif(($client->GetClientVersionBit() & 4294967264)!= 0) #RoF+
		{

quest::movepc(383,-173,-188,-69,192);
		}
		else  #SoF/SoD/UF
		{
		      # quest::popup("$zonename","Send you to the Classic $zonename? $popuptext",6,1);
		      # quest::settimer(6,5);
		}
  	}

New
Code:
  	if($doorid == 25)
	{
		$zonename = "Freeport West";
		if(($client->GetClientVersionBit() & 3)!= 0) #062/Titanium
		{
		}
		elsif(($client->GetClientVersionBit() & 4294967264)!= 0) #RoF+
		{
		  	#quest::movepc(383,-173,-188,-69,192);
		}
		else  #SoF/SoD/UF
		{
		      # quest::popup("$zonename","Send you to the Classic $zonename? $popuptext",6,1);
		      # quest::settimer(6,5);
		      #quest::movepc(9,77.31,-660.57,-30.24);
		}
  	}