Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Tools

Archive::Tools Archive area for Tools's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 07-11-2002, 08:18 AM
madborg
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiyodo

Importing graphics isn't possible, not all of the file format is understood so it's currently impossible to create a valid model file that EQ would read. You can certainly import the object format I save out into 3DSMAX. By default Max can't import wavefront OBJ files but you can download a free importer for those off the 'net (don't have a link around unfortunately).

K.
I still don't know if we have found a way to put back an extracted file. I tried to put back a texture file and I wasn't able to.

Anyway, that is the first step is to extract a texture file and then put in back. I know it can be done, but I don't seem to find the information on how to do that.

The next step is to extract a texture, modify and then put it back.

If I remember correctlly, the above stuff is easier to do the the models, but so far it hasn't work.
Old 07-23-2002, 07:25 AM
wyvern
Fire Beetle

Hey i was going to build a graphic extracter somewhat like this! This is very cool and will save me a lot of time. I have a problem though I put it in my eq directory and it aint loading anything :(. Anyone know why it wouldn't load? thx
Old 07-28-2002, 04:25 AM
donfi
Sarnak

Hey! I like it. I can not think of anything to do with it but it is fun to look at all the weaps and things. lol

Thanks
Old 08-02-2002, 09:58 AM
DeletedUser
Fire Beetle

Dunno if this has been asked yet..

But I was wondering if you were going to work on updating this tool.. I find it amazing..

Somethings that would be neat:

Textures:
- Saving textures.. not neccessarily to import them sense its not possible.. but someone might find it useful.. I bet I could

Sprites:
- Sprite Viewing
*I'm not sure if it works on sprites.. I know i've seen soulfire flames in seperate images.. so they probably don't but if they do it'd be cool.

Models:
- Saving and Loading them
*Again, not sure if its possible to edit the models.. because you can't edit the zones.. but then again they are two different things..

Just my thoughts..
Old 08-02-2002, 10:00 AM
DeletedUser
Fire Beetle

Wyvern.. when you load it up for the first time it creates a EQModelViewer.ini file. Open it up and change it to your directory.

If it doesn't open notepad and add this:
Code:
EverquestDirectory = "EQ Directory"
EX: EverquestDirectory = "c:\program files\everquest"

and save it as EQModelViewer.ini
Old 08-02-2002, 10:04 AM
DeletedUser
Fire Beetle

Hehe.. keep finding more stuff to put.

madborg

With EQInside from HackersQuest you can extract and import images.

You just have to save all the fragments of the weapon. Each weapon has different sections.

The fishing pole has three. The rod, handle, and the bottom.

For the soulfire there are quite a few. There is the two-hand slashing blade plus the 5-6 fire images. I dunno how the sprite is setup but I have yet to try to edit the color of the flames.. I forgot about doing it awhile ago.. i'll give my feedback once I do it.