Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 08-24-2010, 01:53 PM
wwarff
Fire Beetle

Default Wondering about the cause

In trying to do some world building, I have run across a couple of zones that will spawn some of the NPCs and will not spawn others. But yet even the NPCs that don't show in game DO show up in SEQ (with all stats intact) I can see them walking around in SEQ but there is nothing showing in the game. I apologize if this has been answered a hundred times before but I figured there is a simple reason. Thanks in advance for any replies.
Old 08-24-2010, 03:36 PM
wwarff
Fire Beetle

Just trying to get my head around the mechanics of it. Is this because SEQ is displaying what is coming from the EQ install directory and the actual game screen is displaying what is coming from the database directory? It was my thought that SEQ reads the packets that the server is sending to the client and builds its maps based on that. Whereas the client displays in game what is in the EQEmu database? Is that correct?
Old 08-26-2010, 09:41 AM
wwarff
Fire Beetle

NM, I finally figured it out without any suggestions from anybody. The NPCs were spawning under the world. I changed all of their Z coords and poof, they all came into view. A classic case of over-analyzing the situation.....well, that and being such a NOOB!
Old 08-26-2010, 02:17 PM
trevius
Developer

Yeah, I meant to reply to you before, but forgot. Most likely your issue is related to the version of the zone you are in. Some zones such as Nektulos have had 2 or more versions of the zone depending on what client you are running. So, you may have been in a completely different layout of the same zone that the database was spawned for, which explains why NPCs would be under the world.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:21 PM
wwarff
Fire Beetle

Thanks Trevius. That is exactly what the situation was. I'm using the SoD client and trying to get Nektulos switched over to the newest version. I am still unsure if the version of the zone I have is 2.0 or 3.0. In logging into live the zone appears to be the same layout so I'm assuming it's V3.0. I know Nektulos has been talked about forever on the forum and learned a lot from reading all the posts about it but decided to go ahead and make the attempt to change it over anyway. I like the look of the new zone better. I've got them all above ground now and am making good use of the #spawnfix command. hehe Then I will need to see if I can get the PoK book back into it and the zone lines fixed. In searching the forum about zonelines it appears that using the "Invisible man" proximity method is going to work best for that. I'm also going to need to figure out how to fix some of the pathing issues of some NPCs. IE. One of the main guards that spawns right outside of the Neriak zone will path back to his old spawn point for the Nektulos 1.0 Neriak zone. I know it's a lot of work but it is a GREAT learning experience for me and my limited knowledge of editing the DB.