Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 10-06-2009, 11:36 AM
kavren
Sarnak

Default Confusion about compiling

I created an Emu server a while back using the PEQ pack "0.7.0-1110a" and got it working.

I've just tried compiling the source from "http://projecteqemu.googlecode.com/svn/trunk" through the "http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=VS2008" walkthrough and I think I did it correctly.

What do I do after I click the "Build/Build Solution" and Visual C++ Express finishes? I looked in the "Build" folder and it has some files, but not nearly as many as those in the eqemu dir I had from the "PEQ pack "0.7.0-1110a"" install.

I don't know if I'm supposed to overwrite old files in my "PEQ pack "0.7.0-1110a"" server with new ones from the build I just did, or if the build I just did is a complete Emu.

Where are the files from my build, and what do I do with them, and if I need to get other files, where do I get them from?

I = extreme n00b.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:08 PM
Rogean
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavren View Post
I = extreme n00b.
Then what are you doing trying to run a server.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:16 PM
kavren
Sarnak

I am trying to setup an updated server for me and my friends to play. Thank you for asking =).
Old 10-06-2009, 04:43 PM
trevius
Developer

Try this:

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=28190
Old 10-06-2009, 05:37 PM
So_1337
Dragon

If you were able to compile successfully, then you're most of the way there. 99%, even, the hard part's over. What you need to do is be sure to follow the very closing steps of the guide, starting at #8:

Quote:
8 ) Now use the following files for your new build:

- changelog.txt
- BUILD directory: Chatserver.exe, EMuShareMem.dll, World.exe, Zone.exe
- EQLAUNCH/RELEASE directory: eqlaunch.exe
- UTILS directory: 'mail_opcodes.conf', 'opcodes.conf', 'patch_6.2.conf', 'patch_Anniversary.conf', 'patch_Live.conf', 'patch_SoF.conf', 'patch_Titanium.conf'
- UTILS directory: all of the files in the DEFAULTS folder
Go into those directories and pull the selected files. They will be the files that you move into your EQEmu folder.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:53 PM
kavren
Sarnak

Thank you so much! So how does this look:
  • Create a folder called "EQEmu"
  • Place all the subfolders and files from the *defaults* dir into the "EQEmu" folder,
  • Then place into said "EQEmu" folder: Chatserver.exe, EMuShareMem.dll, World.exe, Zone.exe, eqlaunch.exe, mail_opcodes.conf, opcodes.conf, patch_6.2.conf, patch_Anniversary.conf, patch_Live.conf, patch_SoF.conf, patch_Titanium.conf

And then at this point the Emu software is compiled and up to date and then I move on to the rest of the Emu install/creation (database setup and config setting adjustments and etc...)

Does this sound right or have I blundered anything?
Old 10-06-2009, 06:32 PM
So_1337
Dragon

I have a working EQEmu server going already, so my method is just to take the different files listed in section 8, add them into a new folder elsewhere, and then select all of them and overwrite my EQEmu directory with those files. I personally skip the EQEmu config files (the .xml ones) so that I don't have to re-do my server configuration each time.

Whatever works for you, though =)