Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Tools

Archive::Tools Archive area for Tools's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 02-28-2003, 05:32 PM
killspree
Dragon

0 seems to work for me when setting unlimited charges. I'll mess around with it some tonight to make sure.
Old 02-28-2003, 06:13 PM
Divide
Hill Giant

If thats so, then it maybe a issue in the expendable code rather then a issue with Item Editor. But I was thinking that even if issue with the DB code then ETE would still show what you set it to.
Old 03-01-2003, 02:13 AM
Kaiyodo
Hill Giant

If setting the number of charges to 0 gives you unlimited charges, I'd suspect a bug in the code, it checks for PI_Count == 255 for an inifintely charged item.

As for what to set the PI_Count to, it can be -1 or 255, they both come out the same due to the type of variable used to store the number. The item editor does indeed set PI_Count back to -1 as I've got the type set as signed rather than unsigned by mistake. I'll update the item editor to fix it, but it won't make any functional difference to the item.

K.
Old 03-01-2003, 08:37 AM
killspree
Dragon

Just tested early this morning, 0 does indeed give infinite charges.
Old 03-01-2003, 07:06 PM
Divide
Hill Giant

But the main issue im talking about is you cant really set it to 1-254. We need that. Atm ALL items have a 255 Charge. We dont need that. That is why im asking if its a issue with EIE or the Expendable code. See Item like "Can O'Whoop ass" are only to really have 1 Charge. That the "REAL" EQ item stats. But it has Unlimited and when you set it to 1 charge, save, leave item and come back to it, it has different #.
Old 03-01-2003, 11:58 PM
Trumpcard
Demi-God

The main problem with item charges is that it was changed to an int8 (unsigned) from an sint8 (signed), so negitive 1's are being casted to 255 when converted.

im guessing we need to just convert it to an sint16, then do the boundary checks for below -1 and above 255
Old 03-02-2003, 12:57 AM
Kaiyodo
Hill Giant

Divide, turns out it was actually a bug in the Item editor. The size of MaxCharges was int8 in the item struct but int16 in the structure description I use to generate the UI. All that means is that when MaxCharges was saved out to the DB it would corrupt a byte. That byte happened to be PI_Count.

Fixed now and uploaded to www.geocities.com/Kaiyodouk/

K.
Old 03-02-2003, 02:20 AM
khuong
Sarnak

haha kai i just fixed it 2.. was gonna e-mail u fixed version :(

btw next time u come on irc i got something to send u ^_^
lala i updated another on of yur programs haha

<3
Old 03-14-2003, 11:12 AM
Monrezz
Dragon

Is this actually an item editor, or does it just allow you to create new items?

I can't find anywhere on the program an option to import database...only import item (.item file). I don't have any .item files though :P

Anyone wanna enlighten me please...and tell me how to load the item database...?

Thankie,

Mon

**EDIT**
Sorry - I hadn't got my items loaded into my database correctly
All fixed -- Great tool!
Old 03-14-2003, 11:58 AM
Piska
Sarnak

monrezz read the readme. It tells you there how to import a database into mysql
Old 04-05-2003, 11:44 PM
Vaft
Fire Beetle

Does this mean an item should be able to have, for example, 200 charges? Because when I set it to 127+ , it is displayed in negative values after a save. Not sure that it actually matters though.

Aside from that, I can't seem to create a new item with clickable effects, regardless if it set it to "infinate" charges or a set number like 50 charges. The only thing that I can get to work is weapon procs. Does anyone have time to test this? I want to know if it's the editor, the server(4.4dr1), or myself.

The flags I use for clickable items are:

Effect: 1
SpellID: (the proper spell #)
PI_CountFlag: 3
PI_Count: (I've tried 50 and -1)
PI_Effect: 1
PI_Spell: (same as SpellID)
PI_MagicMask: -1

I've tried various different options, but no effect shows up on the item in EQ. This is for items created using the "add new item" option, haven't tested it with already existing objects.
Old 05-10-2003, 02:37 AM
epacs
Fire Beetle

ack i get a problem when trying to edit weapon damage, i can change the damage and all, but anything over 127,like vaft says about the charges,goes into negatives...so whats up with that?
Old 05-10-2003, 03:12 AM
fnemo
Discordant

In the source code, its writen "char" as var type. Need to be "unsigned char" so you can go from 0 up to 255.
source code is avaible so edit it by yourself so kayodo can focus on other stuff :p