Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 09-22-2014, 09:47 AM
provocating
Demi-God

Default We have bounce

I verified my maps and path files have not changed, but since I just updated I now have bounce in my NPC's. I have not updated since June 2014 and I just did, now we have weird path issues and Z-axis strangeness. I am doing a database compare to see the changes, but was there anything I should have been aware of?

EDIT:

It definitely is not my map or path files that have changed, Dragons of Mist does not have this issue, but it is using the June code base. I copied my map, path files from there to Chronicles of Norrath and the bouncing issues are still there. I did a database compare between the two and I see nothing regarding grid changes, bestz changes at all.

ANOTHER EDIT:

Removing the maps entirely causes no differences in the NPC bounce. If I do a bestz with the maps gone it shows them gone. If I put the maps back in bestz works correctly, but the mobs still bounce with no difference.
Old 09-22-2014, 12:52 PM
provocating
Demi-God

We also found places like gukbottom, mobs are now going from upper levels and going through floors.
Old 09-22-2014, 03:34 PM
provocating
Demi-God

After trying for hours to resolve this, I ended up going back to my binaries from June 2014 and dropping my database, and then importing back in. Everything is fine now, no bouncing from the guards in PoK. I am going to try to resolve it on our test server. We lost no character data, and the players are happy.
Old 09-22-2014, 05:52 PM
jdoran
Hill Giant

In my experience, bounce is poor node placement in paths.

Identify the location where the bouncing occurs, and use the #path command to display nodes. Look for line-of-sight between node, and if the line is up in the air at any point.

For example, I might place one node at the top of a peak, and one below. But the line should follow the terrain.

I've fixed zones locally (and offered to share, but was never taken up). Give me a zone and an x,y,z and I'll load it up and take a look.

PS: I know you said your map files haven't changed, but they may have been broken to being with.
Old 09-29-2014, 05:31 PM
provocating
Demi-God

That answer would not make sense. I switched back to my source files from July 2014 and there is no bounce. I created my maps using Azone2 a while back, there is no reason they should not work. I did try the map files from PEQ, but still the same occasional bounce. What concerns me is that there was definitely some source changes concerning the Z-Axis around the same time.
Old 10-01-2014, 02:50 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Just to give an update, using the same maps but newer source this problem went away mysteriously. I basically blew out the directory, pulled my DB back in, did all the SQL updates and copied the same maps over. I cannot argue with it working so I will leave well enough alone.