Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 11-15-2012, 09:34 AM
hoosierbilly
Fire Beetle

Default setup new personal server

I will be going to work at southpole within few days.
I am trying to setup a server on my windows laptop so I can continue to play EQ without internet.
I have tried to follow the various server guides, but find that they are old and refer to files (MySQL & Perl) that are no longer availible.

I am NOT computer literate and don't understand some of the instruction in the guides.

Can someone point to the a current, most up to date guide to setup up a server? and help me to understand how to set up a server?

Thanks
Old 11-15-2012, 12:02 PM
Furniture
Hill Giant

If you are not computer literate as you say and if your not going to have internet soon for support, id reccomend just getting the peq repack, from here:

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//

The program should do all the work of setting up the server for you. I don't believe it comes with the server maps though. Your going to have to google tortisesvn and download/install that program. Then you will have to right click on your maps folder in the install directory wherever the peqrepack installed to, click SVN Checkout, and put in the following URS: http://eqemu-maps.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/

This will start downloading all the missing maps.

To get your client to access your loginserver your going to want to change the eqhost file to read localhost:5999
Old 11-16-2012, 12:30 AM
hoosierbilly
Fire Beetle

Thank you very much Furniture.

I have only two problems/questioins:
How do I create or upgrade an account to GM 120 level?
How do I get the underfoot client to work?
Old 11-16-2012, 12:27 PM
c0ncrete
Dragon

drop to a command prompt and run this to give an account access to all commands:

Code:
mysql -u<mysql username> -p<mysql password> --database=<emu database name> -e "UPDATE account SET status=255 WHERE name='<emu account username>' LIMIT 1;"
note: everything in red will need to be changed to fit your setup.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:38 PM
hoosierbilly
Fire Beetle

Thank you for responding. I finally figured out how to make a GM account.

Now if I could just get teh underfoot client to work :(
Old 11-16-2012, 08:50 PM
Furniture
Hill Giant

theres no reason its not working, whats the problem?
Old 11-16-2012, 08:51 PM
Furniture
Hill Giant

i dont know if you cant get in from just the underfoot client or what,

First of all, did you set up your own loginserver via the repack?
Old 11-17-2012, 08:37 PM
VileDeeds
Fire Beetle

when you say to change eqhost file to 5999, is that in the one in the eq titanium file?
Old 11-17-2012, 08:49 PM
VileDeeds
Fire Beetle

Also i cant get it to run at all, it stops at ...Telling zone to use port 7004 and the server says sleeping. I feel to stupid to be able to do this considering i have been tring to get one of these to work for a week or more
Old 11-18-2012, 02:52 PM
VileDeeds
Fire Beetle

Sorry for being a numbskull, i guess my frustration automatically made me think things were not working when in reality they were. i got the server up and running i just had a few questions.
1. where do i type the command promt for gm access, i opened cmd through run and typed it in but it did not reconize the command. how do i access the mysqyl cmd promt?
2.My wife and i will be staying with her mother for a few months while she recovers from a health issue. how do i run this on a LAN so we can play while we have no internet access?
Old 11-18-2012, 03:13 PM
c0ncrete
Dragon

i have no idea how the repack installs mysql, honestly. what happens when you just run the following from a command prompt?

Code:
mysql -V
Old 11-18-2012, 04:02 PM
VileDeeds
Fire Beetle

it says " 'mysql' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file"

same thing it says when i put the command in for gm access
Old 11-18-2012, 08:09 PM
Noport
Opcode Ninja

here you go VileDeeds for playing eq off line at mother-in-laws house.
follow this url http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=35057

mysql -uroot -ppassword

If you really want access to the internet at mother-in-laws house i would ask you if you had a extra wireless router? if you do then i'll show you how to get free internet.
I understand i been married 23yrs-present and my wife mother has no internet access so i take the internet with me
Old 11-18-2012, 08:47 PM
c0ncrete
Dragon

you're probably better off ignoring noport's suggestions, as he usually supplies random, barely intelligible information that is either slightly applicable, or not at all.

the message you've supplied indicates that your windows environment (path) doesn't know where to find the mysql bin directory. i'm not certain if it's because of how the repack installs or not, as i haven't ever used it. you'll have to look in the directory you installed the repack and see if there is a mysql directory. you should find the executable you need to run in there. you can switch to that directory in a command prompt and then execute the line i supplied to give an account full access.

as for running a lan only server, does the repack include EQEmuLoginServer.exe?
Old 11-18-2012, 09:03 PM
c0ncrete
Dragon

not to derail the thread or anything...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noport View Post
i know that feel, bro. i got married when i was 9 and i steal internet at my mother in law's house because i'm cool. i'll tell you how to do it if we can be best friends!