Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 10-20-2010, 12:56 AM
csb4623
Sarnak

Is the client the same computer running the server?
Old 10-20-2010, 01:01 AM
csb4623
Sarnak

If you are using a minilogin, you should post in the minilogin forum. More knowledgeable people would look at it.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:08 AM
Huppy
Demi-God

Actually for a home server, try changing all the port entries from 5998 to 5999, in the config, the minilogin.ini and your eqhost. also in your c:\windows\System32\drivers\etc HOST file you can put this in (if you haven't already);
127.0.0.1 Localhost

(and reboot puter)
Old 10-20-2010, 09:40 AM
Bdiddy
Sarnak

yes i'm using the server and client on the same computer with mini login, it's a Titanium client, would changing the port to 5999 make a difference? every were i've read says to keep it at 5998. and i haven't done anything to the c:\windows\System32\drivers\etc HOST file, i can add that and see what happens
Old 10-20-2010, 03:50 PM
Bdiddy
Sarnak

Also is there anything i need to do to the client once i install it? i know i'm not suppose to have it patch but on the server setup guide i used it didn't say anything about the client itself.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:22 PM
Bdiddy
Sarnak

ok, so i got around the invalid password error, seems one of the files was not set to minilogin, now i when i log in i get
A connection to the server could not be reached. Please check your internet connection to make sure you are online.

my internet works fine, the config file is still the same, anyone know how to fix this error?
Old 10-20-2010, 06:34 PM
Bdiddy
Sarnak

here is my eqhost.txt file

[LoginServer]
Host=localhost:5998

i've tried putting my ip address in, along with putting it in the config file and i get the same error

also followed the directions here; http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=25898
but i couldnt get the server to connect doing it that. I at least have the server connected, just need to be able to login w/the client now and i think i'm done.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:34 PM
Bdiddy
Sarnak

Also noticed that i do not have a login.ini file like on GeorgeS server, if i need that what does it need to say and where does it need to go.
i do have a eqemulogin.ini file that says the following. password taken out for posting reason

Port=5998
DumpPacketsIn=true
DumpPacketsOut=true
Trace=false
DatabaseServerName=localhost
DatabaseCatalogName=peq
DatabaseUserName=root
DatabaseUserPassword=password here
OPCodePathAndFileName=login_opcodes.conf

and loginserver.ini file

[LoginServer]
loginserver=localhost
loginport=5998
worldname=Test7
worldaddress=localhost
locked=false
account=
password=

[WorldServer]
Defaultstatus=
Unavailzone=

[ChatChannelServer]
worldshortname=
chataddress=
chatport=

[LoginConfig]
ServerMode=MiniLogin
ServerPort=5998
Old 10-21-2010, 10:46 AM
Bdiddy
Sarnak

ok, it seems to be working now, after many bouts of wanting to throw my computer out the window. thx for all that helped
Old 10-21-2010, 11:35 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

The server I have available is for minilogin and SoD clients. I have misc. files there for setting up the server using the newer login. Since I never got my server working with anything except minilogin, I just left those files there.

Good work in getting it to work - it's a tough learning curve!

GeorgeS

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//
Old 10-21-2010, 11:44 PM
Bdiddy
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeS View Post
The server I have available is for minilogin and SoD clients. I have misc. files there for setting up the server using the newer login. Since I never got my server working with anything except minilogin, I just left those files there.

Good work in getting it to work - it's a tough learning curve!

GeorgeS
you got that right, now if i can just figure out why my characters are stuck and i get the player beneath the zone message ever zone i go into i can start messing around w/this, i keep reading about getting updates from here trunk\EQEmuServer\utils\sql\svn but i have no idea where this file is and i dont see it anywhere on my puter, on a side note, there is nothing in my maps file either, and i noticed in your download there is nothing in the maps folder, but i see this http://eqemumaps.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/Maps/ and have no idea how to download them all except one at a time, or is that needed? i'm still a little confused on getting this all to work, hopefully i can get it all worked out over the weekend. if anyone has any ideas please feel free to help thx
Old 10-26-2010, 10:08 PM
csb4623
Sarnak

you have to use an SVN to download them all at once, and yes they are very much needed.

legacyonlinegaming.com
Old 11-06-2010, 04:09 AM
roundersriot
Fire Beetle

(http://tortoisesvn.net/downloads) Is the one I use