Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 04-07-2014, 09:12 AM
moofta
Sarnak

Default List of available server rules wiki page

I have posted a table containing all of the available server rules on the new wiki, with their category, default value and where possible a description. It's all form the source code, but might be a nice reference for those not willing/unable to read/interpret the source code.

I can add any missing descriptions if you post them here.

http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Server_Rules
Old 04-07-2014, 01:01 PM
sorvani
Dragon

Thanks for helping!
Old 04-07-2014, 01:37 PM
rhyotte
Hill Giant

That is a nice addition.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:25 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Thanks Moofta. We can definitely use more Wiki contributors like yourself.
Old 04-09-2014, 03:41 AM
moofta
Sarnak

If I can do it, anyone can! EqEmu is a great project and is pretty mature now so there's tons of info to be written, so much is buried within the forums, and I suspect a fair amount is buried in people's heads too...

May I ask:

1) Who is responsible for the front page of eqemulator.org?
2) If I move all the content from the github wiki to the new wiki, who would I contact to get the github one removed/moved to the new one?

I have three concerns:-

My primary concern is I (or others) do a ton of work, and yet some will still get written to the github one, and so the new wiki becomes out of date or missing info.

My second concern is that we need to ensure we don't get too much "look at this thread on the forum" type wikipages. Since the stuff I put up is mostly others work I've left links to the forum in mostly to credit the original authors. However, future pages should really have everything you need to know either there on the page or as a link to another page on the wiki.

Finally, we need the wiki to be easily accessible (hence question 1) with a good FAQ. I've only been actively around EqEmu for approx 6 months and have noticed the same questions being asked a million times...