Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 01-03-2019, 02:22 AM
lctucker2999
Sarnak

Default Entering Vex Thal

Hello again... I seem be having issues with characters zoning into Vex thal even though they have a sceptre of shadows. It also appears on the character's keyring. Getting the "not experienced enough to pass through an interplanar portal message."

As far as I can tell the characters meet the requirements and has the correct key item as required by the door.

However I did "cheat" by using the GM toon to #gi the necessary items to the character, however the actual required scripts in Akheva ruins were run correctly in case there was any flagging that needed to happen there.

Where should I look to find info on where character flags are stored to see what might be going on there, or to possibly reset it and try to go through the key quest again?
Old 01-03-2019, 07:42 AM
phate8908
Fire Beetle

did a bit of digging, so far the only requirements that i'm seeing is this

Must be level 50+ (Requirement is inside of the zone table)
Must have The Scepter of Shadows (requirement is in the door table ID: 8917)

i did check the recipes to make sure, but it looks like the recipe for making the scepter of shadows is correct, so that can't be it ether

went ahead and tested the whole quest on my own test server, and everything appears to be working fine...

could there be something that you've changed on your server?

"not experienced enough to pass through an interplanar portal message." is normally attributed to zone.flag_needed being set to something, by default its blank... i would check there
Old 01-03-2019, 04:02 PM
lctucker2999
Sarnak

Thanks for the reply. I noted all the same things you did, min level 50, the door requires the sceptre of shadows, the recipe does work etc. so somehow I must have bugged out the character flags.

I just wasn't sure where to look. It looks like the character in question has flags for zone 89 (sebilis) and 128 (sleeper's tomb) but not VT which would be 158.

I guess now I need to figure out exactly where that flag is assigned to the character and see why it didn't happen.

At least I should be able to manually add the flag for now, while I investigate the quests involved in the keying/flagging process. Thanks for your help!