Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::News

General::News EQemu news posts.

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 05:40 AM
Rimok
Fire Beetle

Default Uh perl/ subtree

is missing for me. Am I not getting everything in cvs? I only need to do the one cvs co right?
Old 07-25-2005, 06:01 AM
Rimok
Fire Beetle

Default Winsock Conflicts

I still get errors compiling the files we add from common.

Sample is :

--------------------Configuration: World - Win32 Release--------------------
Compiling...
EQChatPacket.cpp
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock.h(49) : error C2011: 'fd_set' : 'struct' type redefinition
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock.h(83) : note C6311: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock2.h(134) : see previous definition of 'FD_SET'
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock.h(92) : error C2011: 'timeval' : 'struct' type redefinition
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock.h(14 : error C2011: 'hostent' : 'struct' type redefinition
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock.h(161) : error C2011: 'netent' : 'struct' type redefinition
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock.h(16 : error C2011: 'servent' : 'struct' type redefinition
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock.h(175) : error C2011: 'protoent' : 'struct' type redefinition
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock.h(259) : error C2011: 'in_addr' : 'struct' type redefinition
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock.h(309) : error C2011: 'sockaddr_in' : 'struct' type redefinition
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock.h(319) : error C2011: 'WSAData' : 'struct' type redefinition
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock.h(391) : note C6311: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock2.h(430) : see previous definition of 'SO_DONTLINGER'
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock.h(449) : note C6311: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock2.h(483) : see previous definition of 'AF_IPX'
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock.h(46 : note C6311: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock2.h(506) : see previous definition of 'AF_MAX'
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock.h(474) : error C2011: 'sockaddr' : 'struct' type redefinition
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock.h(483) : error C2011: 'sockproto' : 'struct' type redefinition
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock.h(520) : error C2011: 'linger' : 'struct' type redefinition
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock.h(533) : note C6311: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock2.h(573) : see previous definition of 'SOMAXCONN'
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock.h(551) : note C6311: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock2.h(59 : see previous definition of 'FD_READ'
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock.h(552) : note C6311: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock2.h(601) : see previous definition of 'FD_WRITE'
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock.h(553) : note C6311: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock2.h(604) : see previous definition of 'FD_OOB'
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock.h(554) : note C6311: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock2.h(607) : see previous definition of 'FD_ACCEPT'
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock.h(555) : note C6311: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock2.h(610) : see previous definition of 'FD_CONNECT'
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock.h(556) : note C6311: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock2.h(613) : see previous definition of 'FD_CLOSE'
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock.h(829) : error C2011: '_TRANSMIT_FILE_BUFFERS' : 'struct' type redefinition
Error executing cl.exe.

EQChatPacket.obj - 13 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Now it looks like part of the project is using winsock.h and part is using winsock2.h... I can't seem to find the files that need changing. I found a couple references to winsock2.h and changed em to winsock.h and still no-go. Ans I do not have a perl/* subtree.

Thanks.
Old 07-26-2005, 03:20 PM
haxx7
Fire Beetle

Rimok, did you have any luck fixing this?

I'm having the exact same problem.
Old 07-28-2005, 05:48 AM
sdabbs65
Dragon

Default hmm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by haxx7
Rimok, did you have any luck fixing this?

I'm having the exact same problem.
I was able to compile it fine once I added files to the vs.* project file(s) (if you're using Windows):
  1. EQWorldPacket.cpp
  2. EQZonePacket.cpp
  3. EQLoginPacket.cpp
  4. EQChatPacket.cpp
  5. EQMailPacket.cpp

www.cheaterz.info
Old 07-29-2005, 08:05 AM
morepo
Fire Beetle

Default Minilogin for 0.6.2??

Hi all, I am pretty new for this forum and

I just made success to build 0.6.2-DR0 on NetBSD with some platform specific modifications, and also made DB thingies setup done with information from this forums. (Thanks a lot guys B)

Now I have a world server and zone servers running on my NetBSD box, but I can't login into the world server with Minilogin 0.6.1 downloaded from sourceforge project page.

Are there plans to update the Minilogin to 0.6.2 (with the latest opcodes.conf)?

Or is it possible to login with 0.6.2-DR0 server with 0.6.1 Minilogin using the latest opcodes.conf?

Anyway I put some debug print in world/client.cpp to check what the Minilogin server send to the world server with OP_SendLoginInfo (w/ opcodes.conf included in 0.6.1 Minilogin.) And its show:

1. strncpy(name, (char*)li->login_info,1 and name is '1'.
2. strncpy(password, (char*)&(li->login_info[strlen(name)+1]), 15) and password is just a garbage, barely NUL terminated fortunately

When I tried to use the latest opcodes.conf with 0.6.1 Minilogin, the world server wasn't respond.

Hope this might help someone

P.S.
If someone trying to run 0.6.2-DR0 or older version of EQemu on NetBSD, you might do followings:

1. Increase SYSV maximum shared memory size with kernel config by:
options SHMMAXPGS=16384

2. If you are using perl-5.8.1 compiled on older NetBSD (like 1.6), zone servers embeded perl dumps core. Update it to perl-5.8.6nb4, the latest pkgsrc.
Old 08-01-2005, 01:32 AM
sdabbs65
Dragon

Default hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by morepo
Hi all, I am pretty new for this forum and

Iservers embeded perl dumps core. Update it to perl-5.8.6nb4, the latest pkgsrc.
are you able to complie eqextractor as well ?
I seem to be stuck on the patch version.

c:\eqemu\wincvs\cvsnt\eqemucvs\source\eqextractor\ extractors.cpp(118 : error C2039: 'npc' : is not a member of 'Spawn_Struct'
c:\eqemu\wincvs\cvsnt\eqemucvs\source\common\eq_pa cket_structs.h(191) : see declaration of 'Spawn_Struct'
c:\eqemu\wincvs\cvsnt\eqemucvs\source\eqextractor\ extractors.cpp(118 : error C2039: 'pet_owner_id' : is not a member of 'Spawn_Struct'
c:\eqemu\wincvs\cvsnt\eqemucvs\source\common\eq_pa cket_structs.h(191) : see declaration of 'Spawn_Struct'
c:\eqemu\wincvs\cvsnt\eqemucvs\source\eqextractor\ extractors.cpp(1213) : error C2039: 'last_name' : is not a member of 'Spawn_Struct'
c:\eqemu\wincvs\cvsnt\eqemucvs\source\eqextractor\ extractors.cpp(1224) : error C2039: 'hairstyle' : is not a member of 'Spawn_Struct'
c:\eqemu\wincvs\cvsnt\eqemucvs\source\eqextractor\ extractors.cpp(122 : error C2039: 'texture' : is not a member of 'Spawn_Struct'
c:\eqemu\wincvs\cvsnt\eqemucvs\source\eqextractor\ extractors.cpp(1229) : error C2039: 'helm' : is not a member of 'Spawn_Struct'
c:\eqemu\wincvs\cvsnt\eqemucvs\source\eqextractor\ extractors.cpp(1229) : error C2039: 'helm' : is not a member of 'Spawn_Struct'
c:\eqemu\wincvs\cvsnt\eqemucvs\source\eqextractor\ extractors.cpp(1255) : error C2039: 'delta_heading' : is not a member of 'Spawn_Struct'
c:\eqemu\wincvs\cvsnt\eqemucvs\source\eqextractor\ extractors.cpp(125 : error C2039: 'spawn_id' : is not a member of 'Spawn_Struct'
c:\eqemu\wincvs\cvsnt\eqemucvs\source\eqextractor\ extractors.cpp(1259) : error C2039: 'spawn_id' : is not a member of 'Spawn_Struct'
c:\eqemu\wincvs\cvsnt\eqemucvs\source\eqextractor\ buildwriter.cpp(51) : error C2039: 'spawn_id' : is not a member of 'Spawn_Struct'
c:\eqemu\wincvs\cvsnt\eqemucvs\source\eqextractor\ buildwriter.cpp(53) : error C2039: 'last_name' : is not a member of 'Spawn_Struct'
c:\eqemu\wincvs\cvsnt\eqemucvs\source\eqextractor\ buildwriter.cpp(54) : error C2039: 'npc' : is not a member of 'Spawn_Struct'
c:\eqemu\wincvs\cvsnt\eqemucvs\source\eqextractor\ buildwriter.cpp(79) : error C2039: 'delta_heading' : is not a member of 'Spawn_Struct'
c:\eqemu\wincvs\cvsnt\eqemucvs\source\eqextractor\ buildwriter.cpp(8 : error C2039: 'pet_owner_id' : is not a member of 'Spawn_Struct'
c:\eqemu\wincvs\cvsnt\eqemucvs\source\eqextractor\ buildwriter.cpp(91) : error C2039: 'beard' : is not a member of 'Spawn_Struct'
c:\eqemu\wincvs\cvsnt\eqemucvs\source\eqextractor\ buildwriter.cpp(93) : error C2039: 'texture' : is not a member of 'Spawn_Struct'
c:\eqemu\wincvs\cvsnt\eqemucvs\source\eqextractor\ buildwriter.cpp(97) : error C2039: 'helm' : is not a member of 'Spawn_Struct'
c:\eqemu\wincvs\cvsnt\eqemucvs\source\eqextractor\ buildwriter.cpp(9 : error C2039: 'hairstyle' : is not a member of 'Spawn_Struct'

www.cheaterz.info

Last edited by sdabbs65; 08-01-2005 at 09:36 AM..
Old 08-07-2005, 06:22 PM
Rimok
Fire Beetle

Default Nope

Still having the same problems. I got a new laptop and am going to make another attempt at it. But, I'm going to install activeperl first. Plus looks like other peeps are having success. Not sure what is wrong with my setup but I'd like to get it going.

Thanks guys.
Old 08-10-2005, 06:33 AM
dune4672
Fire Beetle

Default Need help

I am pretty new to the forum and after a few days of trying to research the issue and reslove it on my own I have decided it's time to ask for help.

I have a 0.6.2-DR0 server that builds and loads cleanly but anytime I try to zone i get a message saying "This zone is not ready for visitors, please try again in a few minutes." I have tried rebuilding my database using the SQL files included with the CVS and still have not been able to resolve this issue. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 08-11-2005, 03:01 AM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dune4672
I am pretty new to the forum and after a few days of trying to research the issue and reslove it on my own I have decided it's time to ask for help.

I have a 0.6.2-DR0 server that builds and loads cleanly but anytime I try to zone i get a message saying "This zone is not ready for visitors, please try again in a few minutes." I have tried rebuilding my database using the SQL files included with the CVS and still have not been able to resolve this issue. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Check out this list of bugs..http://www.krusher.org/index.php?nam...iewtopic&t=130

Also the last time Krusher had his server up all the animations seemed really good. At least no NPCs were running in place anymore..I think Krusher is trying to fix the zone issue as we speak.(I hope)
Old 08-12-2005, 04:58 AM
morepo
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdabbs65
are you able to complie eqextractor as well ?
I seem to be stuck on the patch version.
:
Actuallly, I haven't built the eqextractor since I believe that it is not related to EQEmu servers' startup.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:56 PM
sdabbs65
Dragon

Default no

Quote:
Originally Posted by morepo
Actuallly, I haven't built the eqextractor since I believe that it is not related to EQEmu servers' startup.
no it's not but it good for collects...
good info from it as I got it to compile tonight.

C:\eqemu\collect\pf>eqextractor
Usage:
eqextract [options] (packet file...)
Patch Modes:
-P - Auto-detect patch mode based on file internal
-p [patch name] - Manually specify the patch name,
Extractors:
-a - extract AAs
-d - extract doors (fuzzy, recommended)
-D - extract doors (strict)
-o - extract world objects & ground spawns (fuzzy, recom
-O - extract world objects & ground spawns (strict)
-z - extract zone points
-Z - extract zone header
-t - extract tribute entries
-T - extract tribute descriptions
-b - extract books
-m - extract mob information
-s - extract skill titles
-M - extract task history
-C - print the short name of the zone.
Build file options:
-B [filename] - create a build file for eqbuilder
Explorers:
-1 - explore zone headers
-2 - explore objects
-5 - explore unknown
-c - Print channel message while exploring
-l - Print spawn list with IDs
-U [id] - Explore position updates
By Default, text updates are printed. (needs DB)
-i - generate inserts instead of text data. (no DB)
-u - generate updates instead of text data. (needs DB)

www.cheaterz.info
Old 09-06-2005, 01:50 PM
FaerinTelDanor
Sarnak

drognir, can you tell me how you fixed the "Zone error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "class OpcodeManager" errors? I'm getting the same problem ... the opcodemanager header and includes are all included in the project and called where they should be, can't figure out why it's giving the errors.

Thanks.
Old 10-18-2005, 02:05 PM
ajb20
Hill Giant

1. EQWorldPacket.cpp
2. EQZonePacket.cpp
3. EQLoginPacket.cpp
4. EQChatPacket.cpp
5. EQMailPacket.cpp

These 5 files seem to be non-existant on the cvs release, where can we find them?
Closed Thread