Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-30-2005, 08:31 AM
Malignus Wingnut
Hill Giant

Default I'm baaaack...

Hey guys, don't know how many if anyone remembers me, but I've taken a break from eqemu due to the hell of school and all my other commitments.

I'd like to get my guide back up to date. Yeah I'll probably get told to use the search button, but if anyone would like to help me, I'd like to know what the latest release is, where I can obtain the source / binaries..binaries would be better, because I need to re install c++ anyway. Also I'd like to know what the latest compatable database(s) is/are, and finally what the eqemu login server address / port is. When i get this information put together, I'll rewrite my guide to .pdf or .doc format and upload it to my server so folks can download it.

Any help is appreciated, I look forward to helping people out again.
Old 08-31-2005, 08:15 AM
Malignus Wingnut
Hill Giant

Cmon guys, get your heads in the game!

I've read over the newer guides, tried to digest the new information, and well, within a few days of work I'll have my guide. Unfortunately no one has aided me in my quest, but whatever, Soon color coded and well organized pdf.
Old 08-31-2005, 08:33 AM
solid11
Discordant

Welcome back Malignus !! Latest DB is velious beta on peq atm. We're sticking with the current live beta compatible emu from here on out also. No more chasing live with patches. Get a client patched up right now and make a few backups of it. =) Fixing live patch all the time just takes too much time out of other things that could be improved upon. This should/will be the best emu to date. Not sure about the login server address or port. As for the binaries for the current emu, not sure if it's on cvs atm either.

BTW, grab this installer Cavedude, Sesmar, Suedeworthey, and myself have been working on...

http://eqemu.sesmar.net/EQEmuServerPack-1.0.rar

Or here is the manual install of it. Both have a nice DB that works with 6.0DR3

http://eqemu.sesmar.net/EQEmuSP-1.0-NoInstaller.zip

Last edited by solid11; 08-31-2005 at 05:12 PM..
Old 08-31-2005, 08:35 AM
Memener
Dragon

Welcome back!

Quote:
Soon color coded and well organized pdf.
cant wait to see it

Thanks to Imageshack.us for free image hosting!
Old 09-01-2005, 08:42 AM
Malignus Wingnut
Hill Giant

ok guide is coming along well, need to ask a question. The latest binaries i have been able to track down are 6.0 DR2s..is there a DR3 and where can i find perl enabled binaries?

Also, with the current release of the peq velious beta database, are there additional files that need to be sourced, item updates, etc.... or does it work completely without additional files?

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:29 PM
Malignus Wingnut
Hill Giant

Little update here.. I apologize for the abstractness of this, thoughts flowing out randomly.

I've been working diligently, guide is currently...18 pages in word..heh.

Still needing work is the Troubleshooting guide, which has not been added yet, but will be mostly finished tomorrow during school, laptop for the win.

>>>I really need a couple questions answered to perfect the guide before release.

>>>Mainly the ones in my last reply....

I've decided to not add the Perl Quest guide into this guide release, when I perfect it I'll add it and push it out to version 1.1

The guide will be public domain, you can edit it and take parts from it without my permission, as long as you give some mention to the time I spent creating the guide.

All of this is in the preface of the guide.

Expect a final release probably saturday.

What's going to be into it in sections:

Setup Guide
Supplementary Router Guide
Troubleshooting - Which will help solve the major problems that may be potentially generated during the setup guide.

I want feedback, what if anything else do you guys want to see in this guide?
Old 09-01-2005, 05:44 PM
Woodlife Treestrider
Banned

A couple things I had in mind would be:

Forceloading
Changing Level Cap
Editing Spells/Items
Turning PvP on/off
Turning expansions on/off
Creating/Editing factions
NPC spawning/editing

The stuff above would be nice but is in no means something I would expect you to release. That is a LOT of work and I doubt it would be worth it in the end. Nevertheless, would be a nice addition to your guide.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:00 PM
Malignus Wingnut
Hill Giant

I agree, it would be a good guide, but I think that would best befit a different guide - mostly this guide is for the setting up and running of a perl enabled EQEmu server, and eventually a guide to the perl quest commands.

Once I finish and push this guide to final release, work out the bugs, perfect the perl guide, and I'll probably start work on a database editing guide - which most of what you asked falls into. Much of what you said, however, spawns, npcs, factions, etc.. are easily learnable by simply looking at the EQEmuAdminTool. While outdated, I still find it very valuable. Just studying it is how I taught myself npc creating and spawning, item creating, loot creating, etc.. though editing spells was something I never fully understood.

Thanks for the feedback though, and I'll consider it for later.
Old 09-01-2005, 11:39 PM
Ghost Fire
Sarnak

Malignus Wingnut. Your doing a GREAT JOB!!! Here is a bugs list that I collected from all over the place. You might want to give it a look see

Last edited by Ghost Fire; 09-02-2005 at 07:44 AM..
Old 09-02-2005, 10:48 AM
Malignus Wingnut
Hill Giant

Thanks, that will help me, I'll have a more thorough look at it when I get home.
Old 09-03-2005, 02:14 PM
Malignus Wingnut
Hill Giant

*STATUS UPDATE*

Ok, so I'm done with the guide, though I need a single question answered and I can finish it completely and release it. I do not use a usual database on my server, mine is an updated version of a 5.7 DR2 compatable database, heavily modified, and I haven't touched it in a while, or kept track of what I sourced into it.

If using the newest release of the PEQ Velious database, what exactly are the extra files / commands that need to be sourced to make it compatable with the latest release of EQEmulator?

Also, well really a second question, sorry, but is the latest release 6.0 DR 3, and if so, where can I get perl enabled binaries? Or at the very least, source, so I can compile it.

Expect a release tomorrow or monday.
Old 09-03-2005, 03:43 PM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

A real useful tutorial would be...How to create a 0.6.1DR1 server with perl enabled using Cavedudes DataBase that includes Luclin spawns!

I came close but no Bananas on Cavedudes..I did manage to get his merchantlists and his factionlist in though..I guess im just gonna custom spawn Luclin that way..

EDIT>>It would be nice if some one compiled a 0.6.2DR? and helped us ignorant noobs make a compatible database for it..Im not asking for a release version..Just something to get started on and begin preparing for the release.

Last edited by Dr Zauis; 09-03-2005 at 11:47 PM..
Old 09-03-2005, 05:41 PM
Malignus Wingnut
Hill Giant

Well, I'm working on getting my database up to compatability with the new release, it has most of luclin and most of planes of power spawned. I have also spawned to live some of the oow zones and many of the ykesha spawns on it. It will take a lot of work to remove some of my custom stuff before it's anything near appropriate for release.
Old 09-04-2005, 07:20 AM
Belfedia
Demi-God

Welcome back
News for eqemu are always welcome (but you know that hihi).
I try to update this post where you can find many stuff for EQEMU:
http://eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=18675
When i find a broken link, i make mine (i dislike lost usefull stuff).
If you have more link for more stuff, just post on it plz
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.
Old 09-04-2005, 09:14 AM
Malignus Wingnut
Hill Giant

Cheers Belfedia

Err..hm, I need the source for 6.0 dr3...need to change the definition of the max items variable to allow for a higher number of items, too many in velious for it. So anyone who can point me to it..greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Malignus Wingnut; 09-04-2005 at 06:04 PM..