Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 04-17-2010, 12:16 AM
Clinicus
Fire Beetle

So just confirming before I try to muck around too much. The only server you can play on with the Steam install at the moment is PEQ?
Old 04-17-2010, 12:53 AM
trevius
Developer

Yes, that is true, but with the recent addition of the Dual Login Server code to the Google SVN, it probably won't be long before other servers start using another Login Server so people can use SoD (or just to have a backup LS). I know I plan to get Storm Haven on a Dual LS setup one way or another fairly soon.

Hopefully the Public LS is compatible with SoD soon, as it is still the simplest way to handle accounts and such. But, until then, at least we have an alternative way opening up that also adds to more diversity/redundancy for LS access.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:31 AM
Speedz
Hill Giant

I bought the SoD a little too late. I ended up payin the 19.95 but I figured wth.

I seem to have an incomplete download from steam tho or it's a different version/updated a bit. I seem to be missing files in the default UI folder.

The game crashes and throws a UIErrors.txt log
I tried replacing the XML files it said it was missing from my live version but that ended up in a dead end of undeclared referenced file errors.

Any ideas here I am at a loss now.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:53 AM
Noport
Opcode Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedz View Post
I bought the SoD a little too late. I ended up payin the 19.95 but I figured wth.

I seem to have an incomplete download from steam tho or it's a different version/updated a bit. I seem to be missing files in the default UI folder.

The game crashes and throws a UIErrors.txt log
I tried replacing the XML files it said it was missing from my live version but that ended up in a dead end of undeclared referenced file errors.

Any ideas here I am at a loss now.
I would install Sof first then Sod the one you bought then load and copy the steam version if your having problems. the Sod version you bought is back dated too Sof opcode that why i said copy the steam version.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:59 AM
Speedz
Hill Giant

Yea I tried the SoF default UI folder in the SoD folder, was still a no go. It gave me the same errors.

But on a whim I decided to go comment happy on the live version's XML reference files. Well it worked. Had to do mass commenting in EQUI_Templates.xml (I loaded all the XML files into VS and did a find in files 'file name from error log here' and killed all reference to them)

Apparently the achievements window is something new in live since the steam version or at least they modded it? Either way, I got it to log in and work fine.

Thanks for the reply and the thought, much appreciated.