Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 09-22-2004, 07:50 AM
Magoth78
Discordant

Default Empire , a custom-legit pvp races-war server (0.6.0dr2)

Hello,

I've just launched my first -hand made- server. It's a pvp server (custom-legit) based on an active story. The story already began but you, the community, will can change it.

The actual status of the story is Act 2, The Direlands Fire Mountains. You will can find any info on this by Hailing the Npcs in the starting zone.

The actual level limit is 50, there are no mega-uber items, the leveling is ok and there are only 8 zones at the moment.

You will find more infos on the forum www.empire.dafun.com.

Have fun,
Magoth

Last edited by Magoth78; 09-07-2005 at 01:57 PM..
Old 09-23-2004, 06:19 AM
Magoth78
Discordant

09-23-2004 update:

-- I've removed the EQ classic race/class combination so you can now start as a frog, vah shir, iksar and the cberserker, beastlord class are now open.
-- The low caster robe and the low melee bp will drop more often.
-- You will now gain a 1hs sword by Hailing the welcomer Npcs being a rogue, a warrior, a bard or a ranger.
-- The mobs in Southkarana are now non-permarooted.

Know bugs:

-- If you zone from Rivervale to the Direlands Plains (SouthKarana), there have some chance that you don't zone at the right place and fall for a lot of damage. But you should not die. Just hail the npc named 'a spy' near the place where you will be and he will heal you then send you to the right spot. // it's the first time I see this bug, it happens only if you zone from Rivervale to Sk.
-- Your character has a chance of crashing if you zone... a very little chance but still annoying. I'm gonna try to fix that asap though I have no idea of what could cause this..

Have fun!
Mag
Old 09-24-2004, 09:32 AM
Magoth78
Discordant

09-24-2004 updates:

-- the server is now 0.5.9dr1. That fixed a ton of bugs we had like guilds, some odd zoning issues, etc..

but maybe added more... things just do seem to be right now.

Don't forget to check my forum if you want to play because if you want to start a Goodie (human-elf) you will need my files...
http://p206.ezboard.com/bemuempire46345

Have fun,
Magoth
Old 10-01-2004, 05:52 AM
Magoth78
Discordant

Default 1-10-04 Updates

As the server has been up for a week without any downtime (beside the patches) and getting a little community I had to do some changes and make a website with a new forum, so here it is :

New website / forum opens:

http://cucus.no-ip.com/nuke/html/index.php

-- New monsters added to the Direlands Lair.
-- Some nerfs have been made (check website)
-- Epics v1 added // they re not working yet as itemcount has not been fixed on the latest cvs sources. It might be fixed soon as it seems that FNM has made the changes to get itemcount working.. we just have to wait for the changes to be uploaded to cvs..
-- Due the number of the GM apps requests, I've posted the rules (check the main page)
-- Magelo's like feature added to the site so we can know what kind of stuffs do have the peeps who own us in PvP :evil: . (thx govtcheeze for that)

Have fun,
Mag
Old 10-01-2004, 07:41 AM
govtcheeze
Hill Giant

I didn't know anyone actually used the magelo I wrote this simple script awhile ago to help people find chars in the DB. Its been tested somewhat...let me know if you decide to use it and find any problems.

http://home.gravyisgood.com/charSelect.rar

edit: be sure to add your connection DB string in place of:

Code:
  include "../db/dbEqemu.php";  mysql_select_db("eqemu") or die(mysql_error());

Developer of the original (circa 2004):
Loots v2.0, bitch!
Faction v1.0, bitch!
Magelo-like clone v0.3, bitch!
Zone geometry and spawn/path viewer, bitch!
Old 10-05-2004, 12:43 PM
Nekon342
Fire Beetle

Default Props!

Just wanted to make a post to commend you on doing an awesome job with the server. This has been more entertaining than EQ ever has been for me in the past year. (Dropped my accounts recently because of it.) I love everything about the server so far and what you've done and can't wait until act 2 is ready!!!

Props!

P.S: More people should try this server out!
Old 10-07-2004, 05:42 AM
Magoth78
Discordant

Hello,

Gov> I did not get ur file to work. Mysql access issues but i'll look to make it work, musta rock :P

For thoses who are playing on my server, Act2 is planned for tomorrow 08/10/04 in the evening (europe time gmt +1)

You can check the website in my signature.

Have fun,
Magoth
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 10-07-2004, 05:48 AM
govtcheeze
Hill Giant

What was the problem you had? Error message? Blank screen?

You need to replace the line quoted above with something like the following:

Code:
  $userid = "YOUR SQL USERNAME";
  $password = "YOUR SQL PASSWORD";
  $dbname = "YOUR DATABASE NAME";
  $domain = "localhost";

mysql_connect("$domain","$userid","$password");
  mysql_select_db("$dbname") or die(mysql_error());

Developer of the original (circa 2004):
Loots v2.0, bitch!
Faction v1.0, bitch!
Magelo-like clone v0.3, bitch!
Zone geometry and spawn/path viewer, bitch!
Old 10-07-2004, 09:58 AM
Deimos
Hill Giant

This is truly one of the best servers I have ever been on. It ties with the #1 server I have ever been on. This server should be on legends.

I suggest that everyone should try this server out =D. It is that type of server where every act just gets better and better.

This server has things that no other server has ever had before and it will hopefully continue to have new things that no server has had.

Everyone should try this server atleast once.
Old 10-08-2004, 06:13 AM
Magoth78
Discordant

thank you Deimos.

We had an important database crash yesterday in the evening and the server has been down for 24hours due the DB being corrupted. All was gone, website/server. A chance, I've made a backup of the server's database just before this crash.

the server is now up again, but with the 0.5.9dr1 binaries wich is pretty stable but the itemcount() is not working.

all of you who were registered to the site will have to register again. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Act2 is ready and was planned for today but as I've lost my 29september 9dr1 sources, I can't change the level limit so you will have to wait a bit.

Have fun,
Magoth
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 10-09-2004, 01:34 AM
Magoth78
Discordant

Gov> Worked perfectly, thanks it's a helpfull script

I
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 10-10-2004, 12:43 AM
Magoth78
Discordant

Today's update:

-- ACT II open !
-- The server is now 0.5.9dr2 with our previous bugs fixed (thanks to the dev)
-- Epics v1 has been upgraded (now, you can only use YOUR epic weapon and not the others ones)

Have fun,
Magoth
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 10-11-2004, 09:45 AM
Deimos
Hill Giant

As you all by now know, I never really did leave the server. I told Magoth and Spartah this in IRC after I posted in forums. Well, I told them as soon as I could anyways. People are starting to find out I am still on though because I seem to talk in my own little way. Well, the secret got spilled. I have been working on the guild system still, and have been playing on the server alot. I did delete all my chars, so you will not be able to find out who I am unless you pay close attention. I think I gave it away to some people, by saying like, what level are you now...
Well, the secret got spilled

Oh shit they are coming for me. Listen everyone, this may be my last message. If I don't make it out of this alive, tell Tzwizard I love him.

*sound of gun cocking*

They'll get my guild system over my dead body.
Old 10-11-2004, 09:54 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

No offense, but why does anybody care? .... You act like you're the president or something, or a covert op. .. It's a eqemu server.. are you hiding from people ? hmmm this is one of the strangest replies i've seen to a server's announcement page ever.

I'm genuinely curious what's going on here.
Old 10-15-2004, 03:22 AM
Adh87
Sarnak

Default server

good server. top list, xp with friends, PK people, its awesome. 3 cheers for mag