Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 01-23-2016, 12:06 AM
Burningsoul
Discordant

Wow, that's all it takes to be a prick these days? Grow some thicker skin and realize I wasn't being a douche - just coming from experience, it sucks finally finding a thread that relates to a problem you have, only to have the post end with a "Fixed it" and no explanation given. It helps us all when people come back and post the solution to the problem, and glad to hear a recompile fixed it. Sometimes stuff just goes belly-up for no reason and that's all it takes for a fix.. beats spending hours searching for a solution eh?

Maybe I need to add lots of lols and smilies to my posts? SO sorry to come off as a dick lol

Now see, THAT sounds prickish, and not what I intended at all; My above post was rushed for time and thought I'd hand out some advice that is given quite often here. Either way, glad you got it fixed so easilly.
Old 01-23-2016, 01:13 AM
Excuses
Hill Giant

Sorry.. i just woke up and no coffee. My reply was not intended so... rude.

And yes, in the end i think it came down to a wrong compile or transfer of files.

What i did notice was the zone world etc went from 700 to 1.5mb so definately something i missed.. however i still dont understand how i did.
Old 01-24-2016, 03:43 AM
Burningsoul
Discordant

No harm no foul man, glad your issue got fixed with minimal headaches. Sometimes there's no replacement for a recompile as a control test - blame it on an overclocked CPU, weather, kids these days, or whatever. Time to enjoy instead of smashing your head against a keyboard finding a very evasive issue!
Old 01-24-2016, 06:18 AM
N0ctrnl
Discordant

It's a good exercise for down the road, if nothing else. These troubleshooting experiences are valuable