Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 03-01-2013, 08:12 AM
Mitchell92
Fire Beetle

Default Lords of Balthazar

I'm not new to the community, I just no longer have access to my previous account, due to changes in ISP and my forgetting my password. My previous account was "gottasummer".

I am returning to EQEmu, and I am working on having my own Underfoot-capable server. I expect this to be a whole lot of fun.

I got a Linux VPS from x10 that the server will be running on, with decent hardware and a good connection speed. I also have a Windows VPS where the website will be hosted.

I've already registered lordsofbalthazar.com

I am looking for interested players, GM's, and content developers.

Reply to this thread if you're interested.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:46 AM
liquest
"Special" Member

Ive been looking to work on a project or start my own, Im a good GM/Developer, Anything with world building, SQL Databases, Im fairly adept at scripting, I can get the job done still working on getting good/extravagant scripts going.

A little suggestion though, when looking for devs try to post a bit about your plan with the server. So people know what they are looking to work with and so on.

Your free to message me here, i have various messengers attached to my profile you may reach me there aswell.

Liquest Auctions, WTB AA's up to the current compatable clients PST with offer.

"A casual stroll through a lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." ~Fredrick Nietzsche

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.." ~Albert Einstein
Old 03-01-2013, 09:41 PM
j3wman
Fire Beetle

Like Liquest said, It's good to have a general description of what your plans for the server are. That is, if you want to attract any sort of following.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:46 PM
Zamthos
Discordant

Sir, I take interest in small projects and up-and-coming servers, if you could post some information on your server that would greatly influence whether or not you get people to follow your server or help you out. I'd be interested if I had some more information. I would love to see what you want to do with this project, I am down to help if you have good ideas for the server, would love to see some new ideas come in to the emulator!
Old 03-02-2013, 03:25 PM
Mitchell92
Fire Beetle

I want it to be as close as the current EQ Live as possible, with some changes...

I want to change the exp rate, and I want to change the way the leveling goes.

I want to add more NPC's, and make the big aspect of the game to be grouping and playing together.

I'm also interested in new quests, spells, items, etc.

I'm very much open to suggestions...

So, yeah... basically I want it to start off like EQ Live, but as you proceed, you go through zones differently than EQ Live, and such.