joshyoowuh
Fire Beetle

This is what is in my eqhost file

[LoginServer]
Host=eqemulator.net:5996
Old 09-06-2004, 02:01 AM
joshyoowuh
Fire Beetle

Ok this is weird. I don't know what I did but all of a sudden EQ wants to patch. It didn't do this earlier and I didn't do anything different.
Old 09-06-2004, 08:21 AM
samandhi
Demi-God

Quote:
Ok this is weird. I don't know what I did but all of a sudden EQ wants to patch. It didn't do this earlier and I didn't do anything different.
Ok you arent using the correct shortcut to eqgame.exe. You need to create a shortcut to eqgame.exe on your desktop. Then you need to right click on it and click properties from THAT menu. In the line where it says "Target" you need to add the following and nothing more, nothing less:

Code:
-patchme

Quote:
Analysis paralysis will keep you from failing, but it will also keep you from succeeding.
  • L.L. CoolJ
Old 09-06-2004, 08:41 AM
Lilganker
Fire Beetle

i tryed -patchme and patchme without the - and they are not keeping eq from patching eqhost got any ideas on whats going on?
Old 09-06-2004, 09:16 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

Well first of all EQ doesnt patch if you run eqgame.exe period. It refuses to run because you arent supposed to run that by default. it would pop up a message saying please run everquest.exe

So my assumption is you are trying everquest.exe -patchme which is wrong. you must do EQGAME.EXE
Old 09-06-2004, 09:22 AM
Zkhava
Hill Giant

No........

To Patch, Use Everquest.exe ....

To Play EqEmu, you must make a shortcut of "eqgame.exe" & add "patchme" at end of it.
Old 09-06-2004, 09:37 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

no shit. that's what i just said. geezus learn to read.

Let me deconstruct what i JUST posted for the slow readers out there.

Quote:
Well first of all EQ DOES NOT patch if you run EQGAME.EXE period.
synapsis, eqgame.exe is not for patching. Everquest.exe IS.

Quote:
So my assumption is you are trying everquest.exe -patchme which is wrong. you must do EQGAME.EXE
Therefore, in summary to run eq without patching you must use EQGAME.EXE, not everquest.exe

who's still confused? ... zkhava? you got it yet?
Old 09-06-2004, 09:53 AM
joshyoowuh
Fire Beetle

Cool I got it to work, this is how I fixed.

If you copied the Shortcut from your real EQ Servers, and JUST put the patchme, you need to do something else. Theres a area where it says Start From or Run From or something. You need to change that to your new EQ folder. FOr example my old one was C:\Program Files\Sony\Everquest -- I changed it to C:\Program Files\Everquest and now it works!
Old 09-06-2004, 02:53 PM
hamiko
Fire Beetle

are the servers up? could you tell me hwo to do it exactly? the log in screen crashes I cant veen log in =| it like freezes.

*EDIT*
Ok here is EVRYTHING i did. I downloaded EQ Triology(wich is free) I patched up to date, i downloaded all expansions , I changed my EQ host I downloaded teh patch from Scorpius2k and installed/unzipped it but now, When I try to log in the log in like, it freezes. the game doesnt crash but it goes "Please wait a while you are been logged in" or whatever it says, and I wait and wait and nothing. are servers down? Please help me ;___;. i really wanna play
Old 09-06-2004, 03:36 PM
mattmeck

you are trying to use a login server that is current with live, using the scop patcher breaks you EMU for this login server.

No where in the instructions dose it say to do anything with a third party patcher. So there is your mistake
Old 09-06-2004, 03:38 PM
hamiko
Fire Beetle

so what should I do now? >.<
Old 09-06-2004, 03:40 PM
mattmeck

follow the directions step by step and dont add steps of your own, then see if it works.
Old 09-06-2004, 03:41 PM
hamiko
Fire Beetle

ok, So what should I do with My current EQ fouldeR? Should I delete and re-install everything? >.<
Old 09-06-2004, 03:48 PM
sotonin
Demi-God

Just patch to live.
Old 09-07-2004, 10:49 AM
bobfred1
Fire Beetle

hey when i go to that site and type in my account name for EQemu and password says it is not there..... do i need a rela eq acoount to do this????