Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Server Code Submissions

Old 12-20-2009, 05:28 PM
prickle
Hill Giant

Been playing around with this quite a bit this weekend. As for the healing issues, I've been noticing... I've come up with the following so far:

-Healing goes a bit wonky with static zones in the following situations:
1)You die in a zone and don't re-summon your bots until you get back to the zone
2)You camp out of the zone, log back in, and resummon your bots in the same zone

-Healing seems to work just fine for the whole group in these situations:
1) You die, and summon the bots in a zone that isn't the one you died in, and drag them with you to the zone you were hunting in
2) You camp out of the zone you're hunting in, log in, zone out, summon bots, zone back to hunting zone
3) You camp out of the zone your hunting in, restart the zone, log back in, and summon bots.

-The wonkiness I've seen:
. Healer sometimes refuses to heal me
. Healer sometimes fixates on healing a bot's pet ~ONLY~
. Healer sometimes fixates on ~only~ healing me
. Healer someimtes fixates on ~only~ one of the other bots
. In bot only groups, the healer(s) sometimes fixate on healing only 1 target (which is bad if its the CH Rotation group and they're not fixed on the MT)

For now, the work around for me is to summon bots in an adjacent zone, restart the zone before logging in if I'm too deep in the zone to make zoning out practical, OR use more dynamic zones. If I summon my group's bots in an adjacent zone, then spawn my raid bots (bot only groups) after I zone in with my personal bot group, the raid bots appear to be fine.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:17 PM
WildcardX
Developer

I want to both recognize and thank BAD_CAPTAIN for his contribution to improve the BOT code. While I choose not to implement exactly what he has submitted here, his code and his detailed, articulate post allowed me to see the problem for what it was and allowed me to come up with a solution I like that is 100% inspired by BAD_CAPTAIN. I am testing my solution now and plan to commit it tonight.

Thank you, Bad_Captain!

Quote:
If it's not on IRC, it ain't l33t!
Old 01-06-2010, 12:58 AM
WildcardX
Developer

I just commited a fix for bot healing based on the submission bad_captain made here as r1075. I elected to not change much regarding bot cheal rotations as I have envisioned a solution that I'll code later in the week, I hope.

Quote:
If it's not on IRC, it ain't l33t!
Old 01-06-2010, 10:55 AM
bad_captain
Developer

Sorry I haven't been around much lately, but I wanted to thank Prickle for testing and posting your findings. I appreciate it.

And I'm happy to see changes have been committed to help the Bot Healing. I know a lot of people will be grateful! Thanks Wildcard.

I'll update to the new code and see if I can get my new changes working with it and will post it here if I do.
Old 01-09-2010, 09:55 PM
prickle
Hill Giant

yes yes, thanks WildCardX! And thanks for providing an interim solution that worked great, bad_captain!

I've not updated my server to the latest source yet... but after seeing the change list from the past week, it looks like a lot of good stuff has gone in so far. Can't wait to try it out!
Old 03-01-2011, 11:56 PM
Abraham
Fire Beetle

Have these bot changes been added to the code? It looks like these are the changes that can fix everyones cleric bot problems thats all over this forum.