Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 02-22-2006, 01:23 PM
MysticDeath
Sarnak

Question Been a while but Im curious

I'm still using a (semi old) eqemu server like ver 6.1 or something, and I've been playing a while with my family on it, and I havn't been on this website for a while and I noticed that the 6.2 came and went and now your up to 6.4?

and im wondering if the target spells have been fixed? or how to fix it on eqemu (since i know i cant get a patch for eq here) how can i fix the direct damage / dot spell system on EQEmu?
Old 02-22-2006, 01:34 PM
Belfedia
Demi-God

Many fix since eqemu 0.6.1, you can find changelog here :
http://www.eqemulator.net/download.php for each update and more complete changelog in CVS (When devs repair it).
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:38 PM
MysticDeath
Sarnak

but i just said i dont have the 9/13 patch, lol so im screwed when it comes to the new eqemu's but i can still paly on the 0.6.1 cuase i have that eq backed up! so i need to know how to fix the spells on this version, cuase i know no one can give me the 9/13 patch (against the rules i know to ask and im not asking, lol) im just asking for how to fix the spells on my current emu ver
Old 02-22-2006, 01:42 PM
Belfedia
Demi-God

I understand your problem, Backpatch is forbidden here and you don't have right client.
But no devs fix spell for old version (they don't have enough time for support all eqemu version since the begining :( ),
they fix spells and other problems on current version...
You can't find here a fix for your version or i don't know where :(
Old 02-22-2006, 01:44 PM
MysticDeath
Sarnak

Well d*** that sucks... Rawr >.< i wish i knew what the devs knew, so that i could fix it myself... but unfornatly im not that good at C/C++ yet, im like moderate at it, i couldnt be able to find the problem and fix it myself lol...

would there be any way for me to look through the source code of the new version find where the spell fix is located and like use that to patch over 0.6.1 so that spells are fixed and 0.6.1 would still work??
Old 02-22-2006, 01:52 PM
Belfedia
Demi-God

Mhhh, i think it was more easy to find a 0.6.4 eqemu client compatible than fix that ! :(

Fathernitwit say :"6.0 is officially not supported by the devs anymore (there has been over 60000 lines of changes since then), anything we do will only be based on 6.4+." in a recent post.

But you can find some eqemu 0.6.1 binary here :
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=Linkit
Perhaps a better version than your, but i don't know and don't have any support.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:57 PM
MysticDeath
Sarnak

aw man... >.< but... uh... so theres no way to look through the 6.1 binary to find the spell cast system and fixing it myself? that sounds kinda weird, one should be able to fix that... meh...
Old 02-22-2006, 03:11 PM
kouhei
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticDeath
aw man... >.< but... uh... so theres no way to look through the 6.1 binary to find the spell cast system and fixing it myself? that sounds kinda weird, one should be able to fix that... meh...

You can do what I am doing is I bought a printer and printed out each file and compairing the old vs. the new ones and picking up code that make things work more better.

Take a look you know you want to click on this site.
Old 02-23-2006, 03:38 AM
Ibix
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kouhei
You can do what I am doing is I bought a printer and printed out each file and compairing the old vs. the new ones and picking up code that make things work more better.
As an alternative, you could get both sources, run a unix 'diff' on them, and just print the diffs... so you'd only have the differences rather than printing 2 copies of each source file...
Old 02-24-2006, 02:10 PM
MysticDeath
Sarnak

Umm Lol i dont need help on this n-e more, but if you do find the solution that another person could use, i say post it so that other person can use it