Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 03-28-2009, 05:58 AM
KingMort
Banned

Default Raid Addicts Stance

Just so everyone knows, Raid Addicts will NOT be moving to any private LS (login server) we are full supporters of the EQEMU Community... This is not to say that having a private Login Server is not also supporting the community.. But I feel that we should promote the Major Main project and direct the masses there first since they have done this for more years than most of you including myself...

I hope that other servers follow my lead...

King Mortenson
www.raidaddicts.org
Old 03-28-2009, 06:39 AM
Aergad
Banned

Im sorry I cant agree Judging by forum posts this issue has been going on for quite a while now and now that its become so out of hand and rediculous that an outside party has had to come up with a DECENT solution to the problem that people are actually starting to take notice. Furthermore the NEW ls was created by two of the original developers of the login server system and emy itself. I feel we should not only commend them for taking time out of their own projects to give us this solution but thank them for helping a project they arent even really involved with anymore.

So thank you guys
Old 03-28-2009, 10:12 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

I deleted my post here because, I decided this is none of my business anyway, since I quit supporting the public LS long before any of this started.

Aergad, sorry to stir up your feelings, I will delete your reply if you want me to.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:27 AM
Aergad
Banned

yes please do and thanks but yes you are right about control i agree with you there
Old 03-29-2009, 03:53 AM
MNWatchdog
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMort View Post
Just so everyone knows, Raid Addicts will NOT be moving to any private LS (login server) we are full supporters of the EQEMU Community... This is not to say that having a private Login Server is not also supporting the community.. But I feel that we should promote the Major Main project and direct the masses there first since they have done this for more years than most of you including myself...

I hope that other servers follow my lead...

King Mortenson
www.raidaddicts.org
Zombies unite!
Old 03-29-2009, 07:06 AM
KingMort
Banned

No .... I am just not willing to up and JUMP SHIP after nearly 7 years of doing this...

I am an avid supporter of this community... I was looking in at the post by Image about Login Servers based on WOW Emu... Perhaps some day it could evolve into something of that nature but for now we need to stick together IMO.. And at least get things figured out so we don't just kill ourselves with the chaos.....

Eqemu has been and always will be a team effort.. (even though I've honestly never really been a part of this team, I certainly do support it)

I am just a Server Operator... But I would like to see this community stay in tact as it has been for years...

Everyone is freaking out about these Login Server bugs and attacks , but I am still remaining confident that we will pull together in the end..

All of you have known me to be pretty darn extreme over the years.. So you can just take this by the grain of salt if you wish.. But I do know how strong this community can be if we all Unite to one common goal instead of losing control...

King

PS
Quote:
I deleted my post here because, I decided this is none of my business anyway, since I quit supporting the public LS long before any of this started.
Shame on you Angelox .... No offense I don't know you but have a bit more faith... Not everyone has time to pay 100% attention to every single idea you have 100% of the time we need to pull together and keep the MAIN PROJECT alive...
You are probably one of the most skilled GENERALIZED do it all people I have ever seen... We need you ...
Old 03-29-2009, 07:31 AM
Aergad
Banned

its not close knit really the devs have their close knit group and want control over everyones servers, thats not a community thats a dictatorship.

just becaue people use an option that has been around for YEARS does NOT mean the community will disintegrate as you and the emu staff are so paranoid of. I mean come on people have been using minilogin for a long time and omg the community is still here WOW imagine that.

you dont want to use it DONT but dont act like you are some holier then thou on a high horse person because you are just comming off as self righteous at this point chastising people who are using other login options.

They are infact our servers to do with as we please and you have NO right what so ever to belittle anyone for their choice of what to do with THEIR server

ad what angelox means is that he doesnt use the public login if you look at his site ever you would plainly see he uses minilogin and has for a while no telling how long but from the little looking around i did seems to be quite a while.

Again how dare you sit there and get such a self righteous attitude towards people who want to not use the public login server?
Old 03-29-2009, 08:07 AM
KingMort
Banned

What??

Your the one who has the "self righteous attitude"

There is nothing self righteous about working on something as long as I have for nothing at all other to live in a mold infested shit appartment..

Get bent sir...

I think you need a serious reality check if you think that I am doing this because of some personal gain..

I am simply saying THIS PROJECT is too damn old to die.. And if you would have fucking read what I said you would have realized that I am all about people having their own Login Servers.....I just want us to stay united unlike prick fuckers like yourself.....
Old 03-29-2009, 08:15 AM
swish
Hill Giant

I think that eqemu has developed real nicely in the last several months, user wise atleast.

I think if all of the strong server will start fading away from the list, it might be a bit of a problem.

I think that one most powerful tool of the eqemu community, are the cool servers that are now running on. Imagining more of these nice servers or even better ones, the community shall get many more additions =P

I'm not running an online server atm so I can't feel what others do. Though, I say, Let's just be patient, as I'm sure, everything will be settled.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:16 AM
KingMort
Banned

On what planet do you think you have first hand experience here...

You and many of your lackeys have little knowledge of how long things have remained solid here....

To those of you who want to make your own Eqemu "Get fucked in the neck"....

This community is what it is... And not you or anyone will make it otherwise...

AGAIN!!!!!

I love the idea for having our own Login Servers as long as the LOGIN ACCOUNT names go through this community......
Old 03-29-2009, 08:17 AM
Aergad
Banned

Quote:
Private Message: Fuck off

Today, 03:10 PM

KingMort is on a distinguished road
Default Fuck off
Go fuck yourself you stupid n00b

HOW DARE YOU for calling me self righteous...

I have quit my job to work on this full time...

Who the fuck are you ??

Have you done this for nearly 7 years I don't think so...
Forward Message
and you needed to pm me with a message that said fuck off why when you got so mouthy in your post?

United means working towards a gommon goal not all sitting on one login server that doesnt work 75% of the time.

i read what you rote how you want everyone to use the public ls and not jump ship to better options available that was your holier then thou attitude.

hmm who am i Im a guy who has a real life and a real job as well who doesnt live offof someone else for a game so dont get all high and mighty about you being someone with no job living off your woman so you can play a game
Old 03-29-2009, 08:18 AM
KingMort
Banned

<----------------

POINTS AT NECK

Go to your own little project you NON supporter...

PS : NO MOD delete this post..
Old 03-29-2009, 08:19 AM
KingMort
Banned

Aergad

You are pissing on turf that is not your own...

Perhaps you should go back with your GF and live your own life because you have ZERO CLUE as to what is going on here...

People are purposly sabotaging this project because WHY???

Do you know... Are you that smart.. do you have a clue wtf ???

No you don't ... Neither does anyone... Why jump ship because of something like that.. we will prevail..
Old 03-29-2009, 08:20 AM
Aergad
Banned

lmao well i hate to tell you this mr asshat but one like i said when you stop living off whoever it is you are at the moment get a job and act like a man you can come at me mouthing off like one who needs a foot up his ass as an attitude check.

you have no idea what i want so dont presume to speak otherwise with your cocksucker(your mouth incase you are too mentally challenged to grasp that insult)

there is no reason on gods green earth why all login accounts should be in one place that defeats the purpose of a PRIVATE login system moron
Old 03-29-2009, 08:23 AM
KingMort
Banned

Real great come back ...

That shows your true mental capacity...

Fact is this is what I do for a living... Working on this project is what I do full time... And some panzy like yourself who has had their ass wiped by your parents your entire life has no impact on that.. Nor does your opinion so just STFU..

Your incapacity for understanding boggles my mind...

I seriously doubt you have put forth as much effort for anything you have done in your entire life... Your just as bad as the hackers who hack this project... You flame it and lose faith , and flame it more.. Very typical if you ask me of most of the players in eqemu...

If you knew how hard some of us work you would have more respect...