Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 06-03-2016, 01:10 PM
poru
Fire Beetle

Smile Casual Dreams

Hello!

It is my pleasure to officially announce the Casual Dreams server.

casualdreams.org

Casual Dreams is a solo server, where you can 1-box everything up to and including Quarm!

It is set in the Planes of Power era and the level cap is 65.

This is not an easy server, but there are no corpse runs or death penalty. Running back is punishment enough!

Ports to cities and buffs are available in the Bazaar, Guild Lobby, and Guild Hall.

Potions vital to surviving solo are available on Casual Dreams vendors in PoK, GL/GH, and starting cities. Use the Find Window to get to them (Ctrl + F).

Read our website and forum for more details and say hello to the regulars with the OOC Webchat feature (forum account needed to chat in ooc, but not to read ooc).

You can register on the forums in-game or from the forum! Talk to Mister Forum in PoK or Guild Hall.

As a thank you to all of the players who helped make the server what it is today since the unofficial launch in February 2016 there are novelty items available in the /claim window (shift + c).

Casual Dreams will never be pay-to-win. We have dedicated hardware, a fiber connection, and automated remote backups.

Happy hunting!
  • Solo everything! Solo all the way to Quarm!
  • Solo, but not easy. Improve your gear, resists, and skills to survive.
  • Paced leveling. Enjoy the classic content! No instant winning.
  • Melee, Caster, and pet friendly!
  • 2-Box limit. Logging in a third client disconnects all three.
  • Explore and level anywhere! Zone experience modifiers are all the same.
  • No death penalty or corpse runs.
  • Classic items, nothing strange (some items modified to enable solo play).
  • Convenience items on vendors in PoK, Bazaar, and starting cities.
  • Lore and nodrop tags removed.
  • Item prices have been balanced globally based on stats and weapon ratio.
  • Equippable items are attuneable to combat mudflation.
  • All procs and clickies work from level 1.
  • Buffs and Ports (to cities) can be found in Bazaar, Guild Lobby, and Guild Hall.
  • Many headaches, like PoP flagging and mob immunities, have been removed.
  • Epic 1.0s are actually epic (extra aug slots)!
  • Augments are a world drop.
  • Some unwanted augments can be sold to LDoN merchants in the Bazaar to buy useful gear.
  • Tradeskills max automatically when zoning into Tutorial or PoK.
  • Spells and Tomes can be bought in PoK.
  • Compatible with RoF2, RoF, Underfoot, SoD, and SoF clients.
  • RoF2 will provide the best gaming experience.
  • No custom files to download. Original client files only.
Old 06-05-2016, 10:14 AM
Kreisleiter
Fire Beetle

Awesome server I might add!
Old 06-05-2016, 10:20 AM
mjbcb0717
Hill Giant

Loved the server when it first came out. Wanted to come back after a break and everything just resist spells ect like crazy couldn't even clear out sleepers tomb at 60 now guessing alot changed since was last on
Old 11-23-2016, 06:46 PM
poru
Fire Beetle

Talking Thanksgiving Event

Thanksgiving Event going on now!

Get yourself stuffed in The Dreadlands, Overthere, and Trakanon's Teeth!

Your choice of white meat, dark meat, and a couple rare morsels. Enjoy!
Old 11-23-2016, 09:35 PM
mjbcb0717
Hill Giant

Ever consider going up to GOD poru? Will deff come back if so
Old 11-23-2016, 10:10 PM
poru
Fire Beetle

Smile Future fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbcb0717 View Post
Ever consider going up to GOD poru? Will deff come back if so
Future content will flesh out existing content, keeping within the bounds of EQ lore.

Have you participated in our Aviak/Gnoll faction warfare in South Karana? Farsoth Mal has finally learned to control the elemental forces he unleashed in Splitpaw Lair to destroy his father, upsetting the balance of power in South Karana.

That's an early example of where things are headed. I hope to immerse players in the world and enrich the experience.

But I am just one human, not a paid team of developers, so go easy on me!

Pop in once in a while and enjoy. Keep it casual. Nobody is going to hurt my feelings if they unplug a while or play elsewhere. It's just a game.
Old 11-26-2016, 10:06 PM
poru
Fire Beetle

Talking The Gobbler

Lots of turkey dinners have already been served!

Old 11-29-2016, 01:00 PM
poru
Fire Beetle

Smile Thanksgiving Event Ends DEC 1

Cockatrice stocks are thinning out!

Things will be back to normal the morning of December 1st.
Old 12-11-2016, 02:12 AM
poru
Fire Beetle

Smile Krampus

Krampus is stalking in Everfrost.

Have you been naughty this year?
Old 12-16-2016, 10:07 AM
sunbeam
Sarnak

Need more information. From the description of your server:

"Solo everything! Solo all the way to Quarm!
Solo, but not easy. Improve your gear, resists, and skills to survive."

- Okay what does this mean exactly? Have you cut mob hp's down? Toned down their max hit? I saw someone stating on your board that a single character in general should be able to do live group content.

So how are you implementing this? And what about the raid mobs you start to see in Velious with over half a million hp's?

"Melee, Caster, and pet friendly!"

- General statement? Or have you done some adjustments to pets and whatnot?

"2-Box limit. Logging in a third client disconnects all three."

- Okay it seems to me from your forums most people solo with a single character. But you can use two boxing? What is the rule here?

"Classic items, nothing strange (some items modified to enable solo play)."

- Again, what does this mean?

"Some unwanted augments can be sold to LDoN merchants in the Bazaar to buy useful gear."

- Okay from the boards you don't have LDoN enabled, but do have the adventure merchant vendors in the bazaar. So you can get LDoN gear (some of that is really cool, particularly for the era).

But does that mean you effectively have another currency? Auggies or something? Augs are a world drop on your server. Do I spend plat to buy LDoN stuff, or have to trade in augments till I get enough "Auggies" to buy a Diamond Prism of Companionship or something?

"Spells and Tomes can be bought in PoK."

- I made a char and took a gander at your server. I see a lot of spells on the PoK vendors from expansions like Dragons of Norrath. Exactly what era is your server for spells?

I really like it if i understand things correctly. Particularly the Ward spells for Clerics.

And in addition, what exactly is the server policy on MQ? Personally I use it for 2 things:

1) If you are boxing the EMU /follow doesn't work. The MQ one (/stick?) does. I hate having to turn around every 10 seconds to see what my other char is hung up on in Emerald Jungle or Trakanon's Teeth.

2) At this point in my life I will camp. At this point in my life I have absolutely no interest in having Quillmane, Stormfeather, Froglok Foragers, Froglok Hunters, or any mobs like them consuming seconds of my life randomly killing stuff and running around a zone.

Or trying to find the magic mob to kill on an EMU to spawn what I am actually looking for.

So can you use MQ for stuff like this? Oh and I absolutely hate having to find Faydedar in Timorous Deep without it.
Old 12-16-2016, 04:19 PM
poru
Fire Beetle

Smile Q&a

Hello Sunbeam!

You would get more feedback if you post on our forums or ask in OOC (in-game or via forum), not many of our players visit the developer forums:

http://forum.casualdreams.org

Casual Dreams:
  • Casual Dreams strives to preserve the original PoP era EQ feel of wonder and daring
  • Whenever possible, encounters are preserved or enhanced to be like the original live experience
  • Mobs and encounters have been toned down (mob hp, stats, spell effects reduced)
  • Player stats, spells and gear are live-like
  • Instead of needing 6 players to kill one mob, you'll be killing 6+ mobs at a time solo
  • New content will be like permanent GM events
  • New content will not replace or subtract from existing content
  • The RoF2 client provides the best gaming experience on Casual Dreams

There are extra features on Casual Dreams that did not exist during the formal PoP era but the newest client (RoF2) and later expansions (LDoN, DoN) added functionality (augments, spells) which greatly improved the fun factor of the game, so they have been embraced.

The Potion of Serious Healing is the cornerstone of Casual Dreams solo life. It is an instant cast Complete Heal potion. This is a real item that has always been in game, I simply reduced the cast time from 10 seconds to instant. You have to target yourself or someone else to use it, and anyone call fill the Cleric role with this potion. They cost 1 platinum each and players might use up to a few hundred while solo'ing a difficult raid zone, depending on class/gear/strategy.

The Potion of Spurn Affliction is equally important once you start raiding. This is a 0.5 second cast Radiant Cure potion that will help you survive encounters which would be almost impossible without it. It also costs 1 platinum each.

Casters:
  • Cleric, Shaman, and Wizard have solo'd PoTime that I know of
  • Casters tank well on Casual Dreams, there is no melee push (far fewer interrupts)
  • Spells such as snare and slow work well even on most bosses (a couple bosses summon but everything is caster tankable)
  • Endgame pets have been increased in level
  • Raid loot is NOT nodrop, pets can be given incredible gear and weapons to boost their power significantly
  • I am just finishing up an extensive rebalancing of PoP encounters as a Monk because there were encounters that melee were having a very hard time with that my Wizard destroyed with ease
  • Caster specifics can be found on our website and class forums

Gear/Augments:
  • Drops are normal, you will find everything you know and love right where it has always been
  • Defiant gear was overpowered and has been removed
  • LDoN gear from the merchants in the bazaar serves the same purpose as Defiant and is better balanced for PoP era
  • LDoN merchants will give you LDoN points for any LDoN augments you find and return to them
  • Not all world drop augs are LDoN augs, LDoN merchants don't take everything
  • Most people do not bother with the LDoN gear
  • If you level in dungeons you will find plenty of decent gear to keep you going

Boxing:
  • Everything is balanced for solo play
  • Boxing is not required at all
  • Most folks who use MQ2 just use it to control a 2nd character
  • Nobody cares if you 2-box
  • It is a casual server and if you want to 2-box solo content that is your business

MQ2:
  • Do not use 3rd party software to interfere with or gain an advantage over other players
  • MQ2 is not necessary and I do not like it, I think it ruins immersion
  • I am not your daddy. As long as you do not bother other players or flaunt it (ruining their immersion), I don't really care what you do in your free time
  • When I rewrite an encounter I often put in anti-warping code and a zone-wide shout so others in zone realize what just happened
  • If you are the only player in a zone, nobody cares what you do
  • Examples here
Old 12-17-2016, 05:13 PM
poru
Fire Beetle

Talking Liquid vs. Krampus

A screenshot of Liquid earning his loot:

Old 02-12-2017, 06:12 PM
poru
Fire Beetle

Default Casual Dreams' First Anniversary! New event!

Join us in celebration of our server's first anniversary!

Battle the Minotaur Slavers and save the residents of East Karana!

This level 65 event will test the most seasoned adventurers.

Old 02-28-2017, 10:47 PM
poru
Fire Beetle

Smile Casual Dreams Videos

Here are a few videos of life and death on Casual Dreams.

Minotaur Legend thread (two videos)

Minotaur Legend event
  • Level 65 event for the most heavily armed characters
  • Spawns randomly two or three times a day
  • Is solo'able and has been solo'd many times
  • Scales to challenge boxers/groups

Daily Tournament thread (one video)

Daily Tournament
  • Every night at 9:00 PM EST each of the great races of Norrath will be represented by a Champion in the Arena.
  • Your Champion needs help! If supplied with powerful armor and weapons, he may defeat the competition.
  • There is no prize for second place, just 1 winner and 15 losers.
  • If your Champion wins, your entire race gets a 30% experience gain boost for the next 24 hours!
  • There is also an Arena Quartermaster that the winners can buy rewards from (golden tickets, skill points).
  • You have all day to gear up your Champion.
  • Once the fighting starts, your Champion is on his own.
Old 03-17-2017, 05:30 PM
poru
Fire Beetle

Smile Brownie Invasion!

Steamfont Mountains are being invaded by tiny terrors bent on conquest!

Heros of all levels are needed to tackle this threat. But be sure not to bite off more than can chew!

Tags
casual, dreams, solo