Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 07-28-2016, 12:37 AM
atrayas
Hill Giant

Thumbs up Elysium Server - Mayongs Ascendance

Hello everyone, id like to take a moment in Introducing The Elysium Server.

We have been working for a few months now tweaking the source and creating unique content that will allow all styles of play to enjoy themselves. We have also just finished up development of our first custom mini expansion which will revolve around Mayong Mistmoore and his ascension to becoming a deity. Below I will highlight some of our server features.

General Information

•The server has been developed for solo/duo level and 6 man raids.

•Hub zone with buffer, teleporter, aug pools, armor quests, charm quests, tradeskill master, vendors and more.

•Completely custom stat scaling. Every stat has been adjusted and balanced to gradually make the player feel more powerful as they acquire more gear.

•Custom pet scaling. Pets have been sourced into our DB as a rule and scale with the charisma stat. We chose charisma since players need to make an informed decision when min/maxing there character. Questions like will I be more useful taking an extra 30 charisma and losing 20 intelligence is what we are looking for here.

•All stats are capped at 5000 for now. Players will not reach this cap for some time but after discussing it with the team we decided we would allow the gear determine the cap and not an artificial ceiling.

•Classic through PoP has been scaled to allow for solo play. All keys and or flags are in place for people who like nostalgia. All bosses respawn times have been set to one hour for this era.

•Custom progression consists of five zones that are a little more difficult than classic through pop, but have rewards matching the difficulty. Two custom raid bosses have also been placed in the custom progression zones. Unique charms with a cure click effect can be obtained via quest.

Tier 1 - Mayongs Ascendance

•Access is acquired by defeating a powerful foe in the custom progression zones.

•New secondary hub with a unique faction titled the Vampire hunters. Daily task can be obtained here for great rewards. We have also given players the choice of raising faction with The Legions of Mistmoore as well.

•Vergarlid Mines and The Foundation - Both of these zones are for the soloers. These zones boast there own bosses (15 named mobs per zone) with unique gear (over 60 items including augments)choices and are the place to be to complete your daily quests.

•Dreadspire Keep - This is our first fully custom raid zone. We have 15 boss encounters with unique mechanics to not only test a players gear but to test there skill, awareness and reflexes.
Old 07-28-2016, 01:49 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

Glad to see a server taking on the 'stat-scaling' mantle that servers like Edge left behind years ago. Hope you guys pull it off
Old 07-28-2016, 02:08 AM
Darkscis
Sarnak

Hopefully we got it pretty right. We have a few different things, like Heroic STR adding directly to min and max rolls, but STR modifying total melee. So it comes down to the min/maxers having to parse whether +13 STR is better than +2 H.STR kind of deal.

Same thing with INT casters, INT modifies spell damage by a %, h.INT is crit chance and h.WIS is crit mod - so parsing will be required to work out what is better.

A lot of people enjoy the min/max and parse game - for those that don't they can stack whatever they feel like and won't be too far behind.
Old 07-28-2016, 09:43 AM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

If you could limit boxing to maybe 2-3 I'd play, but 6mans running around destroying turned me off.

Just some feedback.

Old 07-28-2016, 12:36 PM
mjbcb0717
Hill Giant

It's made around 2-3 boxing I run 4 but you can clear all of pop with 3 and some of the custom zones are soloable but the raid bosses need at least 6 people. Unless you're well geared and they can still be a pain. There goal is to encourage people to group up and figure out content and raids I like it just been to busy playing real life lol soon things calm down I'm coming back this is an awesome server
Old 07-28-2016, 01:07 PM
daerath
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbcb0717 View Post
It's made around 2-3 boxing I run 4 but you can clear all of pop with 3 and some of the custom zones are soloable but the raid bosses need at least 6 people. Unless you're well geared and they can still be a pain. There goal is to encourage people to group up and figure out content and raids I like it just been to busy playing real life lol soon things calm down I'm coming back this is an awesome server
I've never had much of a problem with boxing. It's boxing combined with MQ that can make things frustrating for non-boxers. Glad to see it isn't forbidden on this server (and hopefully MQ is forbidden...)
Old 07-28-2016, 07:31 PM
Darkscis
Sarnak

MQ is allowed, but no automating or warp.

The boxing decision was basically to let people play the way they want - if they want to box 6 they can. But as mjbcb0717 said, it is complete overkill. Nothing requires 6 box's, and our custom encounters are being designed with mechanics in mind rather than pure damage output which often means you are going to need a person at the controls of at least half the characters in group to succeed. (Until completely overgearing content as usual).

Our goal is to try and cater to as many play styles as we can - mechanics based encounters for those that want to group up and learn stuff, solo stuff for those that don't. We will also include some really difficult tank & spank style encounters for the 6-boxer as well.

As an example, our new expansion has 2 factions you can side with. If you side with the Vampire Hunters against Mayong and his legions, you can do our raid encounter which involves killing Mayong cronies - this is obviously group content. If, however, you choose to side with the Vampires instead you will proceed along a bunch of solo style quests which will eventually lead you to max faction and being able to quest *FOR* Mayong and his minions (Think Veeshan's Peak / ToV style).
Old 07-29-2016, 08:55 AM
daerath
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkscis View Post
MQ is allowed, but no automating or warp.

The boxing decision was basically to let people play the way they want - if they want to box 6 they can. But as mjbcb0717 said, it is complete overkill. Nothing requires 6 box's, and our custom encounters are being designed with mechanics in mind rather than pure damage output which often means you are going to need a person at the controls of at least half the characters in group to succeed. (Until completely overgearing content as usual).

Our goal is to try and cater to as many play styles as we can - mechanics based encounters for those that want to group up and learn stuff, solo stuff for those that don't. We will also include some really difficult tank & spank style encounters for the 6-boxer as well.

As an example, our new expansion has 2 factions you can side with. If you side with the Vampire Hunters against Mayong and his legions, you can do our raid encounter which involves killing Mayong cronies - this is obviously group content. If, however, you choose to side with the Vampires instead you will proceed along a bunch of solo style quests which will eventually lead you to max faction and being able to quest *FOR* Mayong and his minions (Think Veeshan's Peak / ToV style).
Sounds neat. I may roll up a character or two this weekend.
Old 07-30-2016, 09:09 AM
mjbcb0717
Hill Giant

Were do you start the vampire quests I killed overseer and talked to the vampire recuiter couldn't find a clue were I needed to go after I got quest.
Old 07-30-2016, 06:23 PM
DanCanDo
Discordant

Quote:
Were do you start the vampire quests I killed overseer and talked to the vampire recuiter couldn't find a clue were I needed to go after I got quest.
Not sure if you'll get a support answer here, but you can also try their forums
as well. It's up to you.
http://elysiumserver.boards.net/
Old 08-01-2016, 12:21 AM
Darkscis
Sarnak

Quote:
The quests start with the vampire recruiter you have found. He tells you what to do. You need to question those around the camp. I have not made it obvious by using say links for everything. Remember how Everquest used to be?
Old 08-01-2016, 04:33 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

I'll come check it out, think I have a bunch of 50s there.

Tags
custom, elysium, mayong, unique