Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 11-21-2014, 10:06 AM
Nibiuno
Hill Giant

Default Imperium Server - Solo Level/Duo Raid

The Imperium Server is online now. It is an individual progression server meant for soloing to play through and 2-6 people to progress through raids.

Features:
- 100M Fiber Connection, 64G RAM
- Individual Progression
- Fast XP and AA
- Gear stat increase
- AA increases
- New NPCs, teleporter bot, merchants, augments to assist in raids, and a gambling merchant to acquire additional rare items
- Artifacts and rare items can drop from any monster (~1/200 chance).
- Raids adjusted for 2-6 players
- Bots enabled, mercenaries disabled. 6 person max raid size and group size, 2 bots maximum spawned in per person.

The server is setup for progression through raiding. In order to get into Sebilis, you must kill either Lord Nagafen, Lady Vox, or Venril Sathir. Upon their deaths, a ghost will spawn and drop keys you must turn in to the quest NPC in the guild lobby. Each tier has one or more bosses that drop keys to progress to the next tier. It is similar to how planes of power worked. Details are provided by Vinz in the guildlobby.

Raid bosses have been balanced to be able to be killed by 1-4 players. If you fight them without gearing up first, it will take 4-6. If you are geared, 1-2 with a healer bot can take most of them down. All scripts have been adjusted through planes of power to make it possible to win the fights with a few people.

Items have had stats increased across the board in a formulaic fashion. Each tier of raiding will have more and more powerful gear, required to be able to beat the next raid tier. AAs have also been added to make you more powerful.

Here is the link to the dbstr_us file that needs to be copied to your Everquest folder (for underfoot client):

https://mega.co.nz/#!ERZDCRDa!tKu8QX...h_yVGoq0cn_Slc
Old 11-22-2014, 09:32 AM
tmoney2983
Sarnak

this sounds EXACTLY like what I have been looking for!!! I cant wait to log in and check it out!!!
Old 11-22-2014, 10:16 AM
Havok2all
Sarnak

Is there a gate item for melee anywhere?
Old 11-22-2014, 04:49 PM
Ozium
Sarnak

saw it up for a bit but disapeared
Old 11-22-2014, 11:20 PM
tmoney2983
Sarnak

quick question: is there an IP limit on your server?
Old 11-23-2014, 06:36 AM
Nibiuno
Hill Giant

No gate item, but I lowered the throne of heroes reset time to 10 minutes, #zone is available, and there is a translocator bot in the guildlobby.

IP limit allows 2 accounts from one IP. I didnt want large box groups taking over the server, and it's tuned for a couple people to play through, at most with bots helping. It gets too easy fast with more than 4-5. I went through everything until time and tuned it with a friend to be beatable with 2 (some with added bots)
Old 11-23-2014, 11:37 AM
tmoney2983
Sarnak

no that's cool! just making sure. was gonna try and 3 box, but its good to know that I wont have to :P
Old 11-23-2014, 12:00 PM
xebec
Fire Beetle

was good at first, but other than a handful of specific zones nothing is locked out progression wise. Why level properly when you can #zone to rof/ro zones and do 50-65 in 30mins?

Best of luck, but that kind of thing is no fun for me.
Old 11-23-2014, 01:20 PM
Nibiuno
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by xebec View Post
was good at first, but other than a handful of specific zones nothing is locked out progression wise. Why level properly when you can #zone to rof/ro zones and do 50-65 in 30mins?

Best of luck, but that kind of thing is no fun for me.
Screwed up on that one and didnt check the expansions flag, thought it defaulted to PoP. Fixing it right now, as well as the performance issues.
Old 11-23-2014, 06:42 PM
zeldik
Sarnak

Not sure what your max level was already level 70s and people had underfoot weapons and such. So what is max content,level,etc supposed to be?
Old 11-23-2014, 07:24 PM
Nibiuno
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeldik View Post
Not sure what your max level was already level 70s and people had underfoot weapons and such. So what is max content,level,etc supposed to be?
Max level is 70, content is supposed to cap out at LDON. I adjusted the expansions and got most of the zones locked out - I will go over them again tonight so next restart it should be fixed. (Right now 90% of additional zones are locked out)

I plan on expanding it later, but since I have to playtest each raid with 2 players, it takes awhile to balance.
Old 11-24-2014, 12:30 PM
tmoney2983
Sarnak

is there a spell file that we need for the server as well? as it stands, I use the UF client and I am getting a few "Unknown Spells" when I scribe my spells. Is there one I should be using, and where could I get it?
Old 11-24-2014, 07:56 PM
Nibiuno
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmoney2983 View Post
is there a spell file that we need for the server as well? as it stands, I use the UF client and I am getting a few "Unknown Spells" when I scribe my spells. Is there one I should be using, and where could I get it?
The unknown spells are not custom spells (there are no custom spells on the server, the only change to any spell was to make ice comet do a little bit more damage), just newer spells than UF has in its file. Im going to copy the RoF clients spells file to my UF client and see if that helps.

What spells are causing that for you?
Old 11-24-2014, 09:59 PM
tmoney2983
Sarnak

I don't know, hence why I brought it up :P I cant see any spell info. the spell "scribes" as unknown and its effects are unknown as well.

Also, noticed the new buyable charms, and the coward has evacuate, but the Heroes charm is an unknown effect as well. so there is a reference :P
Old 11-25-2014, 10:39 AM
tmoney2983
Sarnak

Nm on this, it's MY spell file (pretty sure it's the EZ server spell file)...I have to find the UF or other compliant spell file...