Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 09-15-2016, 10:19 PM
whiteknight33
Sarnak

Default Humans All Over?

Okay, so after much tinkering I managed to get my server back online and got rid of the bot errors that were plaguing it, without needing to wipe it.

Now I'm seeing humans all over the place. Not as NPC characters, but there are default human males where I'm pretty sure invisible assets should be. For instance, upon zoning into the Nexus there are naked humans all over, "Norrath Scion" and "A Mysterious Voice" which I don't recall Norrath Scions being a thing (only continent specific) and the voice I know was just a zone wide emote. Also, there is a human so giant in the middle of the Nexus that all you can see is his boots clipping into the ceiling and floor.

Also, in Qeynos Hills there were several humans standing a row called something along the lines of "gnoll_spawner" or something. None of these humans can be targeted either.

Is this normal for EQEmu or is there something amiss with my server/database? I don't remember the humans being in PoK before I fixed the server, that's why I'm asking. (I'd never gone to Qeynos Hills or the Nexus prior to the fix.)
Old 09-15-2016, 10:23 PM
Uleat
Developer

It could be your server..but, could just as well be your client files.

Haven't heard of anything so pronounced...

Compilin' Dirty
Old 09-15-2016, 10:29 PM
whiteknight33
Sarnak

I seem to have a knack for finding all of the weird bugs. lol
Old 09-15-2016, 10:51 PM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

That very thing happened years back and it was usually related to people tinkering with character models and globalload. There was also a weird desync issue while zoning that would cause it but that was fixed long ago.

I would verify your client is good by logging in to another server or three just to see if the same thing happens.
Old 09-27-2016, 07:54 PM
jdoran
Hill Giant

If the client cannot find a model for something, human it is!