Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 02-06-2017, 12:45 AM
Kavanah
Sarnak

Default Asgard Server

Pretty fun server, a dad made it for his kids.
-3 spawned bots and 1 merc
-free epics at diff levels, 1.0 lvl 1, while 1.5 and 2.0 come later into late 60s
-mobs reduced 30%
-redone raid zones for solo play
-no race/class on items, everyone can equip everything (yes shamans and monks with platemail!)
-Buffer, spell scriber, etc
-10x exp increase
-peqzone active

Would love to play around with anyone else liking a solo/duo experience!
Old 02-06-2017, 05:52 PM
Mistmaker
Sarnak

Thanks Kavanah! Well my kids did try it and after the first corpse run they all ditched my server and went back to Minecraft! I will continue to work on it and keep it going though as I really enjoy playing on it myself. I think my kids are still interested though and I'm sure I will eventually show them a game they will enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavanah View Post
Pretty fun server, a dad made it for his kids.
-3 spawned bots and 1 merc
-free epics at diff levels, 1.0 lvl 1, while 1.5 and 2.0 come later into late 60s
-mobs reduced 30%
-redone raid zones for solo play
-no race/class on items, everyone can equip everything (yes shamans and monks with platemail!)
-Buffer, spell scriber, etc
-10x exp increase
-peqzone active

Would love to play around with anyone else liking a solo/duo experience!

Here are the detailed notes I have on the server with a slight correction to Kavanah's 10x XP increase.. it's actually just 10%, but with 3 epiced bots and a merc it sure feels like 10x. Some zones are modified where the special attacks have been removed or replaced with spell skills to make it solo/group friendly.

• One client per IP as this is not a boxing server
  • IP exemptions is enabled so PM me for access and why you need it (father and son playing together)
  • Reduced HP/Mana by 30% for mobs over level 40
  • Reduced by 30%: Resists,min/max damage, atk, acc, haste, all over level 55
  • Removed No Drop, No Rent and Attuneable from all items
  • Removed Class, Race, Deity and required skill from all items
  • Bots enabled with 3 spawn limit and increased regen rates
  • Mercenaries enabled
  • EXP, AAXP and group xp increased 10%
  • Vet AA are granted at level 1
  • All epics available in PoK. 1.0 at lvl 1, 1.5 @ lvl 60, 2.0 @ lvl 70 (Orb of Mastery slightly "improved")
  • Spells and Disc scribe bot in PoK
  • Greatly increased skill up rate
  • Charm last longer and CHA has stronger affect to it not breaking
  • Starter equipment: Bags, STAT Food/Water, Armor dye and Summoned items are avaialbe in PoK
  • Death does not leave items on corpse
  • Removed all spell component requirements
  • Removed keys needed for all doors
  • Removed flags for all zones
  • Buff and teleport bots in PoK
  • Set pets to be able to tank as an NPC
  • Removed defiant armors
  • Removed all lockpick required doors
  • Removed all level requirements to enter all zones
  • Changed all Fabled to max level 67 and to scale min/max damage accordingly
  • Training dummies added to Crescent Reach near the PoK book
  • Changed difficulty of a few zones. Check: Seblis, HateB, Kael, Chardok, Karnors, and Ssra Temple for soloing+3 bots.
  • Respawn timers for the named in the zones mentioned above have been changed to two hours with one hour variance.
  • Removed banish from Vox, Naggy and Trak
  • Prices adjusted so you can cheaply buy gear others have sold to vendors

I work in IT (20 years) as an IT admin so the server is decent:

3x SSD RAID 5, 2x 2.8 GHz Xeon (12 cores), 48 GB ram, 12/5 internet (will change soon to 50/50 fiber), Daily backups and it's located in it's own server room. I have 5 of these servers in storage that I can pull parts from so if anything goes wrong I will be back online in a short time!

I am not a programmer so my port and buff bots are made with what I could figure out of perl/lua. A BIG thanks to the devs on these forums that have provided tools I use daily to modify the server and special thanks to Akkadius for the Operation Center!

Send me a PM if you have any advice or questions. I'm very open minded!
Old 02-07-2017, 03:05 AM
Mistmaker
Sarnak

I forgot to mention this in my post yesterday. I actively play on my own server and just got to 70 on Aesir my Warrior. Now I have to grind about 500 AA and then do more zone adjusting. Anything I modify I then test it with Aesir who is not GM enabled so if I don't respond right away I'm either chasing a kid in the house or dying a horrible death to a non tested boss haha!

If you see me online please send me a message and I will help as best I can.
Old 02-10-2017, 06:46 AM
Mistmaker
Sarnak

Made some changes to the server to make it even more friendly for those that don't want to use bots and still want to solo through content. Druids can dust off their bear pet and start using them again... Cleric's hammers and Wizard's summoned swords may last a few minutes longer!

- Increased the HP for all pets. Added AE Rampage to pet spells 60+ if they didn't have it. Added Enrage to all pet spells over level 20. Added dual wield to all pets.
- AAxp multiplier has received a total increase of 20%.
- All crafting items needed for the Tranquility armor quests are found on a vendor in PoK (Loki).

Enjoy!
Old 02-10-2017, 12:09 PM
daerath
Sarnak

ha, sounds like my nephews. I set up a soloable server for them and they played for a week? Maybe? Then it was right back to... Minecraft. =P

I like the setup you've got, but that IP limit has to go (my opinion obviously, ignore at will). Sure, you can't box, but if like, two people want to play and live in the same house... You can always grant exemptions, but that's subject to abuse. I've always been more fond of, "Don't be a jackass and we'll be fine, but if you box and it becomes a problem for others then we're gonna have a discussion about sharing..."
Old 02-10-2017, 06:50 PM
Mistmaker
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by daerath View Post
... Minecraft. =P

I like the setup you've got, but that IP limit has to go (my opinion obviously, ignore at will). Sure, you can't box, but if like, two people want to play and live in the same house... You can always grant exemptions, but that's subject to abuse. I've always been more fond of, "Don't be a jackass and we'll be fine, but if you box and it becomes a problem for others then we're gonna have a discussion about sharing..."

Yeah, I can't get them away from Minecraft! I even made a Minecraft server on my storage drive (Gnap) and ran that for awhile. The last day I played I "booby trapped" my home and watched my kids go for my treasure chests to "steal" from me. When they all blew up, they cried. Not because they died and lost their items, but because I blew up the most amazing home I had built. HA! I spent the next hours learning how to do a Minecraft server restore! That was the last time I played it and since then I have been trying to find something else to do with them. So I turned back to the one game I keep coming back to...EverQuest.

Asgard became that next project that has grown into something more! I love EverQuest so even if they don't play I will continue to devout time to the server and It's slowly growing community.

IMO: My experience with boxing and I'm guilty of this myself playing a 4 box setup on FV. I have always found boxing to be impersonal. What I mean by this is that I have tried to interact with boxers on live servers and other EQEmu servers and many times you can send a tell into the black and never get a response. It seems like the person on the other end is so focused on the macro commands or dominating content as quickly as possible that they either dont see it or dont care to respond. Asgard has now many zones that are made for solo play and If I open it up for boxers then all that content will be cleared in seconds. For these reasons I'm not opening up for boxers. We DO have IP exemptions and If someone asks me to add their IP because they want to play with their child or friend then I wont hesitate to do it.

Asgard is really about making a server that has a community that interacts with each other and I think this is going in right direction so far.