Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Misc > Misc::Off Topic

Misc::Off Topic Want to talk about something that has nothing to do with EverQuest or the emulator? Post here.

Old 09-25-2007, 07:38 PM
Lalolyen
Banned

Default Demistify This Rumor....

I saw chatter that I hope is pure rumor from the players in our server's ooc channels earlier this morning.

I've been thinking and thinking, but I would like someone that knows the history or the persons to verify this or say its wrong and pure rumor..

Here it goes..

Its been said a few times that Doodman has told people to find an alternate means of logging into the emu servers as hes about to dump the project or leave?

Is this any at all true?

Please do not misinterpret this thread, I'm seeking answers only, and if anything, the response to this will demystify this if its being talked about on other servers.

*this may need to be moved somewhere else, not sure if its actually related to the mini-login or to the main login*
Old 09-25-2007, 10:52 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

I wouldn't worry about that too much - those people are just "shaking the tree", see what falls out.
Doodman already posted and told me about his interest in keeping things going.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:21 AM
mattmeck

Doodman hasnt been **active** in the emulator for a long time, like over a year. He is the type of person that wont dump and leave, there for a while he was around just to keep the LS up for everyone. Even if he does decide to leave all together, he would find a way for the LS to be carried on.

Doodman is one of the coolest people I have had the honor of meeting on the internet, people that make comments like your saying probably never talked to him at all.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:51 AM
gernblan
Discordant

/agree Mattmeck
Jest 4 Server
Linux (Jest3 runs on Fedora, our Dev servers usually run on Ubuntu and/or Gentoo), OC-12 Connection = Hella Fast
Old 09-29-2007, 11:01 PM
Lalolyen
Banned

I was trying to make sure there. The part that concerned me really was the login server going down.

I've never talked to doodman despite my attempts in IRC =P

If I had I might be more concerned about him, if I knew him =P