Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Feature Requests

Development::Feature Requests Post suggestions/feature requests here.

Old 03-15-2008, 07:00 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

Default Zone Xp level cap?

A proposition:
add a new property to zone that will automaticly kill any XP for a player who is above certain level. For exmaple MaxXpLev: 55 - means that anyone 56+ will NOT get any XP in the zone regadless of the mob level they kill.

Such feature could be used to achive various special condition, such us force players out of the zone into other zone to seek other sources of xp, as well as an interesting alternative instead of a hard max lev cap.
Player would still be able to get XP from quests but not from plain killing.

additional, you could implement Maxlootlev per zone, which will automaticly deny player loot if he is above certain level

another thing- could you guys write an actual Trivial Loot code? That would be great

Thanks =)
Old 03-19-2008, 03:22 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

so what Devs think on this proposal?

Also, devs, please, VERY important - allow spell ids to go up 20k!!! curent 10k limit leaves just over 1.5k to put in new spells, and thats only enough to put in spells for 4 classes
Old 03-19-2008, 03:38 PM
Sabyre
Sarnak

Forgive me as I don't mean to sound durrogitory, but why would you want to prevent a player from getting experience from a mob of comparible level? Just doesn't sound logical to me.

If you wanted to prevent xp to a level 55 character then make all mobs in said zone level 30.

Right? Or am I missing something?
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of the dreams" - Willy Wonka
Old 03-19-2008, 04:19 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabyre View Post
Forgive me as I don't mean to sound durrogitory, but why would you want to prevent a player from getting experience from a mob of comparible level? Just doesn't sound logical to me.

If you wanted to prevent xp to a level 55 character then make all mobs in said zone level 30.

Right? Or am I missing something?

well the lev 55 players supose to fight lev 55 mobs in order to get lev 55 loot - risk vs reward so to speak

BUT i do not want them to advance beyond say lev 60 while do so.

I only want them to advance to next tier - say 60-70, only when they into zone than has atlest lev 60+ mobs.

In other words I do not want players to get easy XP by grinding mobs 7-10 levels under them.

Ok I prabobly found over complicated solution to the problem, I coudl alternativly make zone XP modifier to be very low (below 100%), but that will result in players getting poor XP even from chalanging mobs.

Another thign what devs could do is to give us a RULE than will determine min level formula at which mob stil gives XP (white>dark blue> light blue> green)
so I can set it in such way that mobs drop out of XP level very quickly.

For exmaple with default system lev 46 mobs are light blue at 65
I want to set it up in such way at lev 65 the lowest mob you can get XP from is say lev 60, and 59 will be green

ANother important part here that a Green mob automaticly should mean NO AGRO. So a lev 65 could walk freely among lev 59s
Old 03-19-2008, 11:45 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosSlayer View Post
A proposition:
add a new property to zone that will automaticly kill any XP for a player who is above certain level. For exmaple MaxXpLev: 55 - means that anyone 56+ will NOT get any XP in the zone regadless of the mob level they kill.

Such feature could be used to achive various special condition, such us force players out of the zone into other zone to seek other sources of xp, as well as an interesting alternative instead of a hard max lev cap.
Player would still be able to get XP from quests but not from plain killing.

additional, you could implement Maxlootlev per zone, which will automaticly deny player loot if he is above certain level

another thing- could you guys write an actual Trivial Loot code? That would be great

Thanks =)
This is a good idea, I've also thought about this. what they could also do is add a hard coded "max_level" by the "min_level" column in the zone table. This way, once you got past a level for a certain zone, you couldn't back get in.
EDIT
O well, basically, I repeated what you said - sorry ( I need to read too!). Anyways I think it's good, I'll stick this thread, maybe someone will come up with something.

Last edited by Angelox; 03-20-2008 at 07:48 AM..
Old 03-20-2008, 01:20 AM
Sabyre
Sarnak

You would need to be careful of conflicting with quests. Some quests require specific NPC's in specific zones. This could also conflict with zone navigation. Running through zonea trying to get to zone b, but zone a is restricted, hense no way to get to zone b.

Stuff like that.

I don't mean to sound negative, and obviously you should do what you prefer with your server. I'm just an old grump I guess. =)

I prefer things logical.
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of the dreams" - Willy Wonka
Old 03-20-2008, 04:42 AM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabyre View Post
You would need to be careful of conflicting with quests. Some quests require specific NPC's in specific zones. This could also conflict with zone navigation. Running through zonea trying to get to zone b, but zone a is restricted, hense no way to get to zone b.

Stuff like that.

I don't mean to sound negative, and obviously you should do what you prefer with your server. I'm just an old grump I guess. =)

I prefer things logical.
well in my version I only mean the XP geting restriction =)
So MinLev to XP - means you cannot get XP in this zone unless you are at least lev X, and Max lev - means no Xp above lev Y - you can sill run around all you want

Thought hard "no enterance" lev restriction could also have it uses in specific places (think of entire zone coded in a simular way like no Vox/Nagafen for people over 52 on LIVE, or lower than certain level to prevent Power Leveling or geting low level alts no drop items)

The ability to alter WHEN mobs change from Dark Blue to Light Blue to Green level ranges wise could also be very usefull to direct players into specific direction.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:09 AM
KLS
Administrator

I see nothing wrong with this idea, even though it's not completely live like. We can't change what the cons con, since they're handled clientside(the color at least), you can change the con calcs server side but they wont translate to colors on the client.. for aggro and exp though it'll work. I probably wont code this soon though, as you can plainly see I'm already behind on stuff that's already submitted, but if someone enterprising wanted to it might also make it in~
Old 07-06-2009, 02:42 AM
AndMetal
Developer

I just want to point out that KLS added this in Rev 539.

My Contributions to the Wiki
Old 08-13-2009, 11:22 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndMetal View Post
I just want to point out that KLS added this in Rev 539.
if i understand correctly this is what has been added:

KLS: Made experience con scaling into a rule.
KLS: Added Rules: (Character, UseXPConScaling), (Character, LightBlueModifier), (Character, BlueModifier), (Character, WhiteModifier), (Character, YellowModifier), (Character, RedModifier)

This is great, but would be nice to have that 1 final little thing to complete original feature request =)

to add to zones table:

MinLevXP - means you cannot get XP in this zone unless you are at least lev X,

MaxLevXP - means you cannot get XP in this zone if you are above lev Y
Old 02-14-2010, 06:44 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

Bump!

Old 12-01-2011, 04:04 PM
pepsiphreak79
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosSlayer View Post

Ok I prabobly found over complicated solution to the problem, I coudl alternativly make zone XP modifier to be very low (below 100%), but that will result in players getting poor XP even from chalanging mobs.

Another thign what devs could do is to give us a RULE than will determine min level formula at which mob stil gives XP (white>dark blue> light blue> green)
so I can set it in such way that mobs drop out of XP level very quickly.

For exmaple with default system lev 46 mobs are light blue at 65
I want to set it up in such way at lev 65 the lowest mob you can get XP from is say lev 60, and 59 will be green

ANother important part here that a Green mob automaticly should mean NO AGRO. So a lev 65 could walk freely among lev 59s
Trivial codes are poping up alot of issues with un completeable quests unable to zone in ect...
I would much rather a set of server and zone rules to do XP and loot per creature level Red better xp better loot yellow normal xp normal loot blue crap xp crap loot and lastly gren con mobs no xp and only loot markes as quest is sure to drop Low drop rate on rest ... Cause face it on live servers you could farm green mobs to regear your alts Leave it up to server GM's if they want to take this into taking stuff away from players like green mob loot ect....