Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Feature Requests

Development::Feature Requests Post suggestions/feature requests here.

Old 02-01-2009, 10:48 PM
LumieX
Fire Beetle

Default Item Wear and Tear

I was always curious whether or not it would be possible to implement item decay from use so that it needs to be repaired and will eventually be deleted, like how it works in say diablo 2

I always thought this was a crucial aspect of a healthy economy and helps prevent overflooding
Old 02-01-2009, 11:12 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

more like EQ2 then, but I doubt you will ever see this implemented.

First of all, all the die-hard hard core eq fans gona scream "its NOT live-like" and then they will want to burn you at the stake for even proposing something like that

and second I belive that client side simply won't be able to support such feature without significant client side hacking

but otherwise- yeah eq2 economy 100 times more stable than eq1 ever was cuase:
a) EVERYTHING is attuneable - which means no down-passing on items you used (still wating for this to be fixed in Emu as it is vital to my server economy)

and b) damage maintance - takes cash out of server at a steady pace
Old 02-01-2009, 11:27 PM
jenco420
Banned

That should be able to be done with some clever coding. *ponders*

Maybe an invisible aug like in the epic 2.5's that changes the Recommended level of the item based on the Player's level? Might be able to pull it off with quest_globals, But i'm just brainstorming here.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:33 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenco420 View Post
That should be able to be done with some clever coding. *ponders*
but will you show this on CLIENT? on eq2/wow/d2 - when you inspect the item - it tells you - durability left x%

eq1 client does not have this coded in
unless you want soemthign simular to #showstats player side comand to show durability on each item in sort of a list - this could be a work around but rather inconvinient.

PS. I much rather have them fix attuneable feature that trying to implement something what client may nit even support (thought if they do manage to do it - it would be nice)