Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bug Reports

Development::Bug Reports Post detailed bug reports and what you would like to see next in the emu here.

Old 12-21-2006, 11:32 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Default #reloadpl bug?

Can anyone duplicate this one?
hit #reloadpl (in game) many times and freeze the server, usually I freeze mine on the third or forth #reloadpl
Old 12-21-2006, 12:42 PM
JrFaust
Sarnak

I just tried I did it 20 times no lockup I get the message "Clearing quest memory cache" but no lockup.

By the way what does that do?

Later,
Rob
Old 12-21-2006, 12:56 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Then it must be related to my set up, thanks.
Its for testing the quests - you can make changes "on the fly" then in game test them with out re-logging ot re-starting.
For some reason, my server freezes, and I have to push the hard restart button. I know it's not hardware, because it never happens with anything else.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:59 PM
JrFaust
Sarnak

Man I wish I knew that a while ago I now can stop rebooting my server every time I make a quest change or want to test something. hehe

Thanks
Rob
Old 12-21-2006, 01:19 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrFaust
Man I wish I knew that a while ago I now can stop rebooting my server every time I make a quest change or want to test something. hehe

Thanks
Rob
Don't feel alone, I did that too! But i have done so many pls now, they usually run on the first try.
Old 12-21-2006, 04:18 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelox
Don't feel alone, I did that too! But i have done so many pls now, they usually run on the first try.
U r uber!

I'll second that #reloadpl is fine over here, too.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:02 AM
site3op
Fire Beetle

Mine works just fine too, but I haven't sourced in your latest release yet, nor have I switched to the emu release from the 20th yet. I'll try to get to those this evening.
Old 12-22-2006, 05:40 AM
sfisque
Hill Giant

i can replicate this.

it seems if any of the quests in the zone have a bug in them and dont reload properly, they "can" create an instability that causes a disconnect.

i found when i was editing quests, if the quest had a typo, bug, or bad syntax, when i did #reloadpl, the zone would become unresponsive to me, and after a minute or two, i would disconnect.

as a precaution now, i generally do a "perl quest_script_name" in a terminal window, to check the syntax. if perl exits quietly, i know i didnt flub somethign up and i then do a #reloadpl and its all good.

== sfisque
Old 12-22-2006, 05:58 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfisque
i can replicate this.

it seems if any of the quests in the zone have a bug in them and dont reload properly, they "can" create an instability that causes a disconnect.

i found when i was editing quests, if the quest had a typo, bug, or bad syntax, when i did #reloadpl, the zone would become unresponsive to me, and after a minute or two, i would disconnect.

as a precaution now, i generally do a "perl quest_script_name" in a terminal window, to check the syntax. if perl exits quietly, i know i didnt flub somethign up and i then do a #reloadpl and its all good.

== sfisque
Good observation - this is the problem as I just ran #reloadpl about 15 times and nothing happened - did one with a bad pl and crashed everything