Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 06-05-2016, 10:10 PM
Shiny151
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon View Post
Seems like I can suspend and unsuspend a couple times then it quits working at random.
I'm getting similar results. If I find a solution I'll post it.
Old 06-07-2016, 01:42 PM
cannon
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny151 View Post
I'm getting similar results. If I find a solution I'll post it.
Seems to have something to do with the timer / refresh. If you set the suspendinterval in the rules_value to 0 then you can continuously suspend and unsuspend unlimited times in the same zone, once you change the timer to any amount of time is when it seems to break.

EDIT: Test this out for me. In your rule_values, set the Mercs:SuspendIntervalS to 52 and your Mercs:SuspendIntervalMS to 52000 and then restart your server and test the suspend button. Watch the timer and see where it starts and where it refreshes, then attempt to continue to use the suspend/unsuspend and see if works unlimited.

Somewhere 52 seconds is getting added to the timer, then when it hits 52 the button refreshes, anything set over 52 seconds and the timer will work twice then pass the 52 second mark without refreshing then run to 0 with no refresh of the unsuspend button.

Ok, it has nothing to do with the Mercs:SuspendIntervalS time, no matter what time you set it at, once you unsuspend the merc the timer tics until you run out of time to unsuspend after you either suspend or the merc dies.
Old 06-08-2016, 11:11 PM
Shiny151
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon View Post
EDIT: Test this out for me. In your rule_values, set the Mercs:SuspendIntervalS to 52 and your Mercs:SuspendIntervalMS to 52000 and then restart your server and test the suspend button. Watch the timer and see where it starts and where it refreshes, then attempt to continue to use the suspend/unsuspend and see if works unlimited.
Yeah trying 52 still produces a random result. The first account I tried failed on the 4th suspend; the second account made it to 11 successful suspends/unsuspends; the third failed again at 4. I can't make sense of it.

Notice how you don't even need to populate Mercs:SuspendIntervalMS; you could just leave it at 0 and it falls back on the Mercs:SuspendIntervalS entry. The opposite isn't true, however.
Old 06-09-2016, 12:06 AM
cannon
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny151 View Post
Yeah trying 52 still produces a random result. The first account I tried failed on the 4th suspend; the second account made it to 11 successful suspends/unsuspends; the third failed again at 4. I can't make sense of it.

Notice how you don't even need to populate Mercs:SuspendIntervalMS; you could just leave it at 0 and it falls back on the Mercs:SuspendIntervalS entry. The opposite isn't true, however.
The refresh packet gets sent to unsuspend when 1) you zone or 2) if you have the timer set a 0, anything over 0 within the zone does not get refreshed. Seems like there is no event to trigger the unsuspend button once the timer runs out. Ive been trying different things for three days now and I am at a loss.

EDIT: Actually there is a packet sent to refresh the unsuspend button for a limited time, seems like the first time you unsuspend the mercenary a hidden timer goes off and after approximately 5 minutes or so the unsuspend will not refresh no matter how many times it worked prior. confusing i know. haha