Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Linux Servers

Support::Linux Servers Support forum for Linux EQEMu users.

Old 11-12-2019, 12:23 PM
Riklin
Hill Giant

Default Akka Repack Install - Adding Static Zones?

How do you add static zones to the Akka Repack install? I ask because the zones that day/night make a difference (Kithicor, Lake Rathetear, Qeynos Hills, etc) take time to "reset" before they normalize. Won't making them static resolve this dilemma?

I know about and how to set up launcher and launcher_zones.

So, how do you launch static zones in Akka's repack installation?

Is this where you separate simple from complex setups? If you want a mix of static zones and dynamic zones, do you have to use the old set up of multiple shells one running shared_memory and world, another running eqlaunch statics, another running eqlaunch dynamics, another running UCS and finally another running queryserv (if you use it)?

This is how I used to set up and run my server, but using TMUX. Do I need to start doing this again?

Last edited by Riklin; 11-12-2019 at 03:15 PM.. Reason: Additional comment about complex versus simple setups.

Tags
akka, repack, static, zone