Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::GeorgeS's Tools

Development::GeorgeS's Tools A forum just for GeorgeS's tools

Old 08-08-2008, 01:03 AM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Thanks- got it and updated program

GeorgeS

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//
Old 08-08-2008, 09:09 AM
Telltolin
Sarnak

I just downloaded this program, and I see that I'm not the only one with resolution problems. If you plan to release things like this, be sure it works for everyone, you know. I'm running 1024x768.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:59 AM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Simply put - I do not make these unintentionally compat for every PC. These are free tools I make on my own time and making it
work for every config is not possible.
thirdly, The resolution issue has been addressed before. I will retry to compress it into 1024x768

GeorgeS

Last edited by GeorgeS; 08-08-2008 at 06:19 PM..
Old 08-27-2008, 04:45 AM
trevius
Developer

Hey GeorgeS, I found another fairly major issue with the quest tool. It seems that the auto capitalization for certain per commands is causing scripts not to work after they are saved. I know for sure that the "F" in "For" being capitalized will break any script that tries to use it. It has to be all lowercase like "for". I imagine that "While" should probably be "while" as well.

There may be some others, but I have confirmed that at least "For" needs to be fixed for sure. Looking at a perl Tutorial, it seems to show all perl commands in all lower case, so "while" should probably be lower as well.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:50 AM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Thanks for the bugs.

I fixed the caps for those words, but it appears due to the nature of the person who wrote the code-sense control, every word needs to be defined if you want it to be Lcase. I added those you mentioned, and a few others.

I think it will need a list to import or we'll go word by word until most are in.

Anyway, the newest DL should fix that

--also it should barely fit into a 1024x768 window by a hair --by request

GeorgeS

Old 08-28-2008, 06:09 AM
trevius
Developer

Thanks for the quick fix!

LOL, I wasn't expecting the window position adjustments and it freaked me out a little when I first opened it. I like that the edit section is wider now, but I think having it taller was better than wider. Maybe I just need to get used to it. I think it is just nice to see more of the quest lines at once.

After seeing how the edge and button gets cut off now with the size adjustment of the window, I am gonna have to make a new background and definitely make a button set for it I think if the buttons were just a bit smaller, they could all fit in there without getting cut off.

I really like the size of the NPC Loot Editor window, but maybe I am biased cause I have a wide screen monitor and it just looks like a good window size for wide screen. But, IMO, if one tool is going to be limited to a certain size, they all should be (though, I don't think they should be limited). I think the quest editor is something you don't have to edit very often, so if possible, it might be nice if you just made 2 versions available for download. One for 1024X768 and one the size that it used to be, which I am guessing was the same as the NPC Loot Editor. Not that I want to make extra work for you, but a few people wanting small windows because their screen is 10 years old (no offense) shouldn't really be enough to make you cater the tool(s) to them. The smaller size is still functional, but IMO it is very cramped. Maybe it just takes time to get used to though :P
Old 09-01-2008, 12:12 PM
Frothel
Fire Beetle

I have had great success with all of your tools thus far! They enable the newb programmers, like me, to focus on creativity. I just downloaded your quest folder and extracted the files, but when I try to launch it, it gives me the following error:

You need to specify the path to your Eqemu Emulator Quest files

How do I fix that so that it points to my files on my computer?
Old 09-01-2008, 04:36 PM
trevius
Developer

In your db.ini file, you need to set the path to your quests folder. Most likely it is C:\eqemu\quests or something like that.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:50 AM
Skizoke
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frothel View Post
I have had great success with all of your tools thus far! They enable the newb programmers, like me, to focus on creativity. I just downloaded your quest folder and extracted the files, but when I try to launch it, it gives me the following error:

You need to specify the path to your Eqemu Emulator Quest files

How do I fix that so that it points to my files on my computer?

I am having the problem and I am positive I am pointing to the right path.

It is copied directly from the address bar of my computer when I am sitting in the directory.

everquest_folder=C:\EQEmu\quests

Edit: If it matters I am not an advanced user, I didn't install everything seperate from scratch. I got the installer that got the server up and running for me. Server seems to be running with no problems. I can use the mysql to do a number of things, but no luck with quests.

I did have a problem when registering dll's. All of them registered except for:

regsvr32 imagelist.ocx /s

I am using vista 64bit if that matters. I haven't had any luck finding that missing DLL on the web. Plenty of people talking about the DLL but I didn't see a place to download it.

Thanks for any and all future help.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:34 AM
Skizoke
Sarnak

GeorgeS has told me what to do to fix it. I'll take care of it when I get home from work.

Thanks all.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:35 AM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

I'll look into imagelist.ocx. and it might need to be added to the resources file.

Also, the db.ini error you pm'ed me about comes from a syntax error/typo
host=localhost
user=eq
password=eq
database=peq
everquest_folder=c:\Everquest
quest_folder=c:\EQEmu\quests

the above is correct. The error comes up when quest_folder="" or there's a line/frame shift - missing CR somewhere?
Copy that shown above and paste into the db.ini, but modify your account data. Like I said the error comes from inccorectly parsing the db.ini file for some reason. You're welcome to pm me with you db.ini file for me to examine.

GeorgeS

Old 09-30-2008, 11:50 AM
Skizoke
Sarnak

I sent you another pm, thanks.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:17 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Yeah that error is weird. I cannot explain this at all. The only thing is the file is missing - then the program should report a db.ini missing error. I've no idea.
However, I redid the db.ini parser to help and it should spit out the line in the db.ini it's having problems with.

Quest Editor
ver 1.1.9 Program will report syntax error if db.ini has problems and db.ini parser redone

GeorgeS

Old 11-19-2008, 08:58 PM
Richardo
Banned

George,

I get an error when loading the executable.

"Component 'DXAnimatedGIF.ocx' or one of its dependencies is not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"
Old 11-19-2008, 10:47 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

That ocx should be registered via 'register_ocx.bat' in the resources folder.

If running vista, right click on the file and run as admin.

GeorgeS